• Pony

Votes: 117 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
do they make pony emblems for the fender? not with the circle around, the grille ones just the pony. Cuz it would be cool to have that along with the cobra on the fenders

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
oh yeah at least get a cobra emblem so if one day you feel like the cobra emblem and the next, the pony

Established Member
I prefer the pony simply because we drive Mustangs. Cobra is a sub-category of Mustang. Just as the Boss, the Mach 1, and the Shelbys (well, kinda with a Shelby). Check your certificate. It says "SVT Mustang Cobra." Besides, I think the pony fits better in the grill. But, hey, does it really matter what someone else thinks. It's your Cobra, do what you want with it and good luck!

Also, on a side note, there was no 64 1/2 Fastback. They did not go into productiuon until 1965.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I wish I could get my cobra's taken off before they even go on my 2003, and wish I could get a plain rear bumper too.

Just last night going home from work I saw a "Mystic" cobra, must have been a 96 or 97 pulled over for a ticket and thought to myself.... Damn cops nail cars with labels on them like
'Turbo' and 'Cobra'

I don't need a big ass sign on mine for me to know how fast it is.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
I wish I could get my cobra's taken off before they even go on my 2003, and wish I could get a plain rear bumper too.

Just last night going home from work I saw a "Mystic" cobra, must have been a 96 or 97 pulled over for a ticket and thought to myself.... Damn cops nail cars with labels on them like
'Turbo' and 'Cobra'

I don't need a big ass sign on mine for me to know how fast it is.
Mystics are only '96's.
It's not like you can see the "COBRA" lettering from a distance, unless you have it highlighted.
But I hear ya', it's a high performance vehicle and the cops wanna stick it to ya'.

Black Cobra

Established Member
The Cobra snake emblem came in the grill from the factory on the Cobra IIs during the late 70's. I don't remember it having any Mustang badges on the exterior. I want to say it had some in the interior. Perhaps the steering wheel or above the glove box. I don't know why Ford broke the tradition of putting the snake in the grill on the mustang cobra.

I owned a Black and Gold '77 Cobra II back in the early 80's. The Cobra was in the grill (facing right). The Cobra Snake emblems were on both sides of the car behide the front tires just like they are today, except they were decals and about 10 times bigger. The car had a COBRA decal on the rear end where today it's molded into the rear facia.

Trblmkr

Established Member
I put the Cobra in my Grill within the first few weeks I had the Car. Matter of fact, the guys down at the dealership BEGGED me to put it on. I had it sitting in my front seat and was going to do it when I got home. But they insisted. Didn't even charge me for it either.

dave58

seldom impressed
Established Member
This one's a "sore subject" with moi.........
Personally, I'm astounded that Ford leaves the "Running Pony" on the <b>FRONT</b> of a Cobra. :nono:

I totally understand the "heritage" thing, BUT...

It's supposed to be "different"..... I mean, exclusive engine, seats, gauge package, etc., and they don't seem to have any problem sticking Snakes on the sides, right ?? :uh oh:
IMHO, the design guys should've been spanked with a fish !! :eek:

Hell, horses don't even <b>LIKE</b> Snakes !! :bash:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
My brother has a old Mustang emblem off of a older Mustang, that has 390 above the galloping pony, I'm thinking about putting that in place of the front pony, and he also has a couple older Cobra emblems with COBRA under them from the 60's era Cobras that I'm thinking about putting on the fenders..

lethal

Established Member
The Cobra replacement is one of the mods I wanted to make to this car. That and the taillights are the only things about it I would change. Can anyone confirm, I see all red taillights, no amber turn signals.... does anyone else NOT like this? I liked the distinction of a Cobra vs a GT, et al.

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by raider187
It looks like the "Snake" is favorite for this race :beer:

I'm keepin my pony....for now anyway....got the twin cobra license plate frame though....

svt-tmleader

Established Member
You are correct sir, there is no amber in the tail lights. I asked one of the SVT engineers in AZ last week and the answer he gave me wasn't that good, something about cleaner looking without the amber piece.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by svt-tmleader
You are correct sir, there is no amber in the tail lights. I asked one of the SVT engineers in AZ last week and the answer he gave me wasn't that good, something about cleaner looking without the amber piece.

nevertheless, i would be switching and rewiring to have the amber turn signals again if I got the 2003.....i LOVE them

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake

nevertheless, i would be switching and rewiring to have the amber turn signals again if I got the 2003.....i LOVE them

I agree, I don't understand why they didn't keep them. Probably a complexity cost reduction.... The amber signals in the lights rock, it's a small detail, but I dig it too.

C_Record

Established Member
>>I totally understand the "heritage" thing, BUT...

It's supposed to be "different"..... I mean, exclusive engine, seats, gauge package, etc., and they don't seem to have any problem sticking Snakes on the sides, right ??
IMHO, the design guys should've been spanked with a fish !!<<

Why are people surprised the horse is on the front. The car is first and foremost a Mustang(so it's not actually a heritage issue). The Cobra fender emblems specify its secondary model name and all which is needed to advertise its uniqueness.

Just an interesting note, my dad's '95 GT came with a Cobra emblem on one of the fenders. Apparently applied at the factory(or possibly elsewhere?) because he ordered the car and it was there when the car arrived at the dealer. I thought that was unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread