Votes: 509 81.4%
  • Pony

Votes: 117 18.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftywayn

Established Member
Just the other day, I noticed a guy walking in front of my car with his girlfreind, pointing and mouthing the word COBRA. I had just installed the floating Cobra emblem.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Just a question. Does everone that said to keep the pony, so the appearance is original, also never plan on changing rims, tire size, ride height, window tint, exhaust (sounds different than original), etc...? Seems to me most of these changes is a much larger departure from originality than the snake emblem. Just curious. No flame intended.

msmap

Lady Snake
Established Member
MikeC,

That is my intention not to change a thing (except that I think I do need better sfc and a stb). My snake will remain factory original and nos as it warrants in its old age. I'm hooked on the originality of old stangs. Just ask my Mach 1. All he sports different from the assembly line are the radials on his feet! Everything else is oem, nos or from a doner stang. This is getting hard to accomplish, though :')

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
To each his own I guess...
I just gotta say one last peace, it's only two tamper proof screws and the factory pony can be tucked away in storage for 20 years and be brought out then in pristine condition for concours shows if desired.... meanwhile, your stylin' with the coiled Cobra emblem! :coolman:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Another vote for the snake...mine did change the factory appearance, and, IMHO, for the better. :-D

Wingless99

Established Member
I like the factory "look". Personally I don't like adding anything to the car that is not directly related to performance. I hate to see cars that have been "customized" with all types of cheap stick on crap from the front half of Pep Boys. Save this junk for the ricers.

If I can find some 9" rims that "look" like the stock rims so I can put 275s on the back then I'm down with that. This adds traction which adds performance. This is about the only "exterior" mod I would make to my car. Of course the original rims would be kept in storage in case I wanted to put it back to original.

All other mods I would make are under the surface of the car where it counts...

Currently my Cobra has 4.10's, Bassani X-pipe and WMS Cold Air so it is not stock underneath but it look bone stock from the outside. I doesn't even have a wing on the back. :rolling:

Leftywayn

Established Member
In no way does the floating Cobra grill emblem look cheap or tacky. In fact I doubt you can even purchase one at a Pep Boys.

Wingless99

Established Member
I'm sure the grill Cobra emblem looks cool enough. I personally do not want to mod the appearance of my car. If I owned a 64 1/2 Mustang Fastback I would not mod the appearance of it and I doubt (hope) most here would not do it either.

There are those that just don't know when to say enough is enough. For example, I pulled this from a sig from over on Stangnet:

4looks
Plates say SRPENT, Speed Cal, Triple Gauge Piller Mount, Nordskog Mini Memory Tac., Nordskog Mini Memory Speed, Auto-Meter, Pro-Comp Air/Fuel, Auto-Meter Pro-Shift Light, Auto-Meter 6,200 RPM Pill, 2 Street Glow Red Neon Light Bulbs in my hood, 3 Street Glow interior tubes under seats, 2 Toggle Switches Each with On/Off LED (RED), Interior Trim Painted Black on Tan and Red on Black, Cobra For the Grill, Euro Tail Lights, Clear Head Lights and Black outs (Depends on the MOOD),Red Dome lights, Red shifter, Red blaupunk head unit, Duel 3 inch STAINLESS TIPS, super stallion Spoiler, Custom Red cobra in my back window, .5% tint

I guess it all boils down to personal taste. This person might think his ride is pimp. To him and others that like this type of thing it is. To me it is not. I guess I am from the old school (or just getting too old). :-?

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Woof.... overdone. I like my Stangs more med-rare. I got a laugh out of the "Pep-Boys" front 1/2 of the store comment... I can see that too.

If you just did the emblem though, doesn't mean you have to go buck wild on the car either. Visually, that's all that has been altered on mine is the Cobra grille emblem, lowered (not rice slammed), removed the wipers (don't usually drive in the rain) and put on semi-gloss black caps, and tinted glass ('bout the most extreme mod here!). Anything I take off gets stored. I would like to eventually get an R hood cuz the '94-'95's are not as kewel as the '96-ups or the R's. I also have a '96 COBRA lettered rear bumper cover that I'll put on some century whenever I get a hood (has to be painted). Again, I'd still keep the stock pieces stored.

That's it, a little more than a stock look, but not sticking out like a sore friggin' thumb w/neon lights and a system so loud you can't even listen to it anyways!

Shemp_65

Yeah, I've been dancing around with the same decision too. I got my Cobra this summer, and I've been slowly looking at any mods I want to make. I think the front Cobra logo is kind of cool too -- but it's nice to have it seen as a Mustang too.

My Cobra has a Pony on the windshield too right above the rear-view mirror.

I think I'll get the Cobra logo though. I just love that logo.

I'd go for it if I were you.

--b

Yellow Snake

Darkside Is Near
Established Member
I changed mine to the cobra, the running pony os on my desk shelf as a nice paper weight, right next to all of the pony rags an catalogs.:-D

KGcobra

Established Member
Which way should the snake face?

I've been thinking of getting a cobra emblem for the front grill but have noticed on a couple different online catalogs that some face to the left, and some face to the right....which is the correct one to have?
thanks

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Never even realized there were two styes!

Mine faces to the right while standing in front. I don't know as there is an 'incorrect' snake to get, the SN95's have two different emblems (1 for ea. fender) so I suppose it's whatever you want.

Yellow Snake

Darkside Is Near
Established Member
I read something on BON that said the correct look is to the right when facing the car.
The article was talking about fakes, and true looks of the original Shelby Cobras.

Somebody out there might know where that articule is and could post it, it was very interesting.
Hope this helps you guys out.;-)

tms217

Established Member
Here are the same care side by side. I like the snake...

wh84730.jpg

kq86527.jpg

Terry

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Just a thought, but anyone out there with a 99+ running nothing in the grill? I did this for a few days just to see how it looked......might to go it come spring...haha...like it's a "mod" or something. ;) :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread