Police critic gets use of force training...

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
When will people realize Guns are the root of this problem and many others in this country?

When will Liberals answer us how they expect to keep illegal firearms out of the country if they are banned when they cannot keep out illegal people, animals, drugs, cars, jewelry, etc...

flash0080

Established Member
;-)

[video=youtube_share;S_rAy0HwEog]http://youtu.be/S_rAy0HwEog[/video]

Last edited:

SHOdown220

Established Member
A small part of me wishes Tasers wouldn't have ever been introduced, that way I can stop hearing the constant bitching and moaning about "oh why did he just use a taser?". Come the **** on people.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
A small part of me wishes Tasers wouldn't have ever been introduced, that way I can stop hearing the constant bitching and moaning about "oh why did he just use a taser?". Come the **** on people.

No you come the **** on... You're talking about someone's life as if the cops life some how automatically holds more value because they wear a badge.

News flash... IT DOESNT.

Cops have different levels of response for different levels of force for a reason.

shurur

Established Member
Ummm. As I understand it a civilian being brought before a Grand Jury has the opportunity to be examined by the prosecutor if they so choose, just like an officer that is brought before a Grand Jury.

Please provide a source of your information.

By the way, all investigations that LE does are supposed to be private. Do you know why?

Civilians who are being charged by the prosecution do not get the opportunity to appear before the grand jury in any state that I know of...please provide a source of your information....which states do they allow this?

As far as invrstigations being private....anything used to indict should be made available to the defense...no grand jury record should be closed...else the public can never know what was really said to a jury to get the indictment in the first place. It, at the least, gives the appearance of the prosecution of having something to hide...perhaps outright lies.

Certainly GJ records need to be handed over to a defendant after being found not guilty after a trial.

It's the justice system that needs to be cleaned up. The system..at the least ....has the appearance of evil...and no real checks and balances.

We need to know justice can be had for everyone.....and not just trust in it because we are told to..

shurur

Established Member
Lol. Why do you want law enforcement to be equal to average joe blow and then hold them to a much higher standard the min the mess up? Where is the equality there?

Don't believe I've ever said LE should be held to a higher standard....just that they SHOULDN'T get better protections under the law..from speeding violations to shootings...

I understand the use of deadly force....I have lived to tell about it...and had to prove myself to a jury of my peers...

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Good book to read to help understand what goes on in self defense and the general nature of man: " On Killing" by David Grossman.

This is probably on the reading list for most LE.

Although I don't take kindly to Grossman characterizing civilians as sheep...it certainly does point toward an attitude some LE have.

And Grossman forgot about the Goats...both the Billy goats and the scape goats...

Last edited:

Tezz500

Established Member
Spray? That's not a situation you use spray in. And a lot of officers aren't given tasers.

I've been in a few Ol fashion Donny Brooks and cops around here have an asp baton taser and sig. The first two hurt like hell and are enough to stop an attack or someone resisting arrest... You don't have to shoot every ****ing person that resists you.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
I've been in a few Ol fashion Donny Brooks and cops around here have an asp baton taser and sig. The first two hurt like hell and are enough to stop an attack or someone resisting arrest... You don't have to shoot every ****ing person that resists you.
Are you drunk? Watch the video again. He only shot the guy who was physically confronting him, who he didn't know if they had a weapon, and with a gun pointed at them refused to stand down as well. I'd be fearing for my life if someone like that was closing in on me as well.

Tezz500

Established Member
Are you drunk? Watch the video again. He only shot the guy who was physically confronting him, who he didn't know if they had a weapon, and with a gun pointed at them refused to stand down as well. I'd be fearing for my life if someone like that was closing in on me as well.

Sober as a judge. And just becuz you're too scared to mix it up a bit and go right to your firearm doesn't make it the correct move. Stop being such a pussy.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, he shot an unarmed man showing mad aggression, disregarding the "officer's orders" and with the ability to overpower him and cause harm or death.

He also didnt have any other less lethal options such as pepper spray, tazer or baton.

Last edited:

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
Sober as a judge. And just becuz you're too scared to mix it up a bit and go right to your firearm doesn't make it the correct move. Stop being such a pussy.
No, I wouldn't be scared to mix it up, I'd be afraid of dying. It absolutely was the correct move. I can think of a grand jury that would agree with me, who do you have on your side? Al Sharpton.

The guy in this video was way justified especially considering you don't know if he is armed or not. If someone much bigger than me is going to attack me even though I plainly have a firearm pointed at him and had I'd given orders to stop, he obviously wants to die. And if I have to make that happen by consequence of using lethal force to stop the threat he poses? You're goddamn right I will.

Tezz500

Established Member
Yeah, he shot an unarmed man showing mad aggression, disregarding the "officer's orders" and with the ability to overpower him and cause harm or death.

He also didnt have any other less lethal options such as pepper spray, tazer or baton.

^^^^^^^^^ THIS.

The scenario itself is flawed.

Users who are viewing this thread