Pleased with my Dyno

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I'll keep it short and sweet. I dyno'd this Saturday at the local performance shop. They were offering 2 pulls for $35.

First pull was 400/374

Second one was 397/37x (can't remember)

Mods are JLT RAI, weld in 3 chamber flows (pretty sure, previous owner did them) and a Mac Prochamber offroad mid.

I don't have the graphs, it was a dyno day and I am going to try to get them to email me them, but it was on a dynojet.

Best part? My check engine light is on for not having MIL elmins yet, so there may have been a few more ponies to be had. Can't wait to really wake this beast up.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
nice numbers I guess, for stock boost...but dude c'mon...at least slap an upper on that thing!!

edit: then she'll REALLY wake up.

Last edited:

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
decent numbers, as long as you are happy with the pulls... i'm happy for you, however, you can certainly squeeze a little more power.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
nice numbers I guess, for stock boost...but dude c'mon...at least slap an upper on that thing!!

I've had the car for 6 weeks, and in the next 9 weeks I have to finish my Masters, graduate, get married, and go to Cancun. There are other financial and time responsibilities right now.

And I am not wasting money on an upper and tune. Plan is:

Solid Swap
Whipple 2.9
E85 tune
LTs
Front K member swap and coilovers all around

700+ rwhp

Mystic03

Established Member
I've had the car for 6 weeks, and in the next 9 weeks I have to finish my Masters, graduate, get married, and go to Cancun. There are other financial and time responsibilities right now.

Solid Swap
Whipple 2.9
E85 tune
LTs

700+ rwhp

easier said than done if your talking about finacial expenses with that type of set up :lol:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Solid Swap
Whipple 2.9
E85 tune
LTs

700+ rwhp

Man, that is jumping from the pot into the fire. LOL! Those are some stout plans you have for your Cobra. Best of luck with it. And congratulations on your upcoming graduation and marriage. :beer:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
The "Service Engine Soon" light is indicating a catalytic converter inefficiency, i.e. no cats. It has nothing to do with the tune.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Congrats.
My advice would be to get an upper pulley so ya don't get bored with the power. It will really wake the car up and when you go even bigger with the 2.9 Whip, you can sell the pulley to regain some of the $

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah, like Trent said, you wont get any more hp/tq from the mil's. That being said, I'd recommend you just get the rear O2's turned off.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
The "Service Engine Soon" light is indicating a catalytic converter inefficiency, i.e. no cats. It has nothing to do with the tune.

Guys, I know MIL elims add no power, but I was under the impression the computer may alter fuel maps or pull timing with the codes being thrown.

As for the financial concerns, that is only for the next several months. I already have 2 of my 5 probable job offers, one pushing 6 figures.

I know the deal on modding. The Cobra is my 12th car (turned 26 yesterday) and I have had a 99 Cobra and 00 GT. That's half the fun of the car, making it your own!

I thought about just starting with a different platform, the GT500, and if Ford was doing 0% on them like they were the GT right now, I would get one tomorrow and trade the 2004 in. But I have decided I want to do the Cobra now and wait and see what the 2014 looks like. 10 years apart makes for the start of a nice collection.

An upper and tune is not out of the question, it really just depends on how much time I have over the summer. Lots of suspension and other preparatory mods to be done before the Whipple.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Guys, I know MIL elims add no power, but I was under the impression the computer may alter fuel maps or pull timing with the codes being thrown.

As for the financial concerns, that is only for the next several months. I already have 2 of my 5 probable job offers, one pushing 6 figures.

I know the deal on modding. The Cobra is my 12th car (turned 26 yesterday) and I have had a 99 Cobra and 00 GT. That's half the fun of the car, making it your own!

I thought about just starting with a different platform, the GT500, and if Ford was doing 0% on them like they were the GT right now, I would get one tomorrow and trade the 2004 in. But I have decided I want to do the Cobra now and wait and see what the 2014 looks like. 10 years apart makes for the start of a nice collection.

An upper and tune is not out of the question, it really just depends on how much time I have over the summer. Lots of suspension and other preparatory mods to be done before the Whipple.

You can use the SCT for you future mods and the upper is relatively cheap. For less than $500 you could completely change the car. Too much potential to not have fun with. You might even find something here in the market section. I made 457/460 with basically the same mods and a 2.93 upper.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Yea I imagine an upper will happen. I agree, too many pulleys for sale here in the market and since I already have the SCT, gonna be hard not too. But I do want to do the idlers kit too, so that adds some cost.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yea I imagine an upper will happen. I agree, too many pulleys for sale here in the market and since I already have the SCT, gonna be hard not too. But I do want to do the idlers kit too, so that adds some cost.

You already have the tuner! Damn, that would be hard to resist as the idlers will be used in your future mods as well!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Just do some smart shopping, and you can get your car pullied for pretty cheap. In fact,
I put an upper on my car for less than $200 total. I bought a diablosport predator from the market section on here for $100. Bought an upper pulley and hub for $75. Then a member on here shipped me his Billetflow pulley puller for free, as long as I paid shipping to get it to me, and paid to ship it back.

So for less than $200 I added close to 100hp...and boy did she REALLY wake up. I was pleasently shocked/pleased at the difference it made in hp/tq.

Then ended up getting a Steeda cat-back in EXCELLENT condition, from the market for $180 shipped. The only thing I actually paid full price on was the JLT RAI.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread