Please post pics of your notch

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Ok, here it is. Don't laugh. Lol. She's hideous but runs like a cat set on fire.

image_zpsb6a9e437.jpg

image_zps9d65d79d.jpg

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Well, first thing for me to do is to make it enjoyable to drive. New seatbelts will go in before anything, not only for safety but the retractors are worn out and the seat belt flaps in the wind. Then power steering is going back in. Making a u-turn with a manual steering rack is for the birds!! Then I will have to tackle the driver's seat. The foam is a little worn out so I feel like I'm doing the gangster lean when I drive it. Lol. Then probably put air conditioning back in it. The guy before me was setting it up for the track I think.

The long term goal is to do a nice paint job. I'm thinking dark shadow grey with polished and staggered 03 cobra wheels. Something I can be proud of and smile when I look at it. I have never had a centrifugal blower car so I would like to try a procharger. Maybe down the road I will do some corbeau seats and a new black interior. I wish I made more money. Lol.

On a side note if anyone needs a flaming river manual steering rack or a maximum Motorsports manual steering shaft, I will cut them a sweet deal. The parts have less than 500 miles on them. The parts came in the car so I don't need a bunch of money for them.

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Thanks brother. I appreciate the kind words. The core support needs some minor adjustment and then She will be perfectly straight. Then I think I'm gonna try my hand at some body work. Lol. She was a washington highway patrol car so she's got some minor surface rust in some areas. All in all I'm thinking she will be a fun project. I had an epiphany today. I Had this grand vision in my head about an all new interior in black probably costing north of $2k, but as I was driving it to work today I realized something. This car has a lot of character to it. I think I even love the plain interior. It doesn't even have a stereo but I actually like that it's so simple. If I wanna rock out, I will drive the turbo cobra with the full stereo system. Lol!!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Thanks brother. I appreciate the kind words. The core support needs some minor adjustment and then She will be perfectly straight. Then I think I'm gonna try my hand at some body work. Lol. She was a washington highway patrol car so she's got some minor surface rust in some areas. All in all I'm thinking she will be a fun project. I had an epiphany today. I Had this grand vision in my head about an all new interior in black probably costing north of $2k, but as I was driving it to work today I realized something. This car has a lot of character to it. I think I even love the plain interior. It doesn't even have a stereo but I actually like that it's so simple. If I wanna rock out, I will drive the turbo cobra with the full stereo system. Lol!!

I think keeping it simple will be a lot better and draw a lot more people to it no doubt

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
For sure. I'm gonna keep the regatta blue interior. It's different. White exterior. Blue interior.

By the way svtorange, did you replace your hood?

Last edited:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Yeah I don't blame you. I wouldn't mind getting a decent sized cowl hood but the only place I have found them, they was $500!!!! That's a little steep for me right now. What kind of hood are you going to get?

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Yeah I don't blame you. I wouldn't mind getting a decent sized cowl hood but the only place I have found them, they was $500!!!! That's a little steep for me right now. What kind of hood are you going to get?

Not sure yet would love to have an 04 replica cobra hood on it.

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
It't not perfect by any means. It has its flaws. I try to keep it as clean as I can! Since these pictures were taken I have tinted the windows which helped out a TON!

Users who are viewing this thread