Please post pics of your notch

SlowSVT

Established Member
My second favorite Mustang next to my 04 Cobra is an LX 5.0 notch bar none! They are pretty rare as most fox Mustangs I see are hatchbacks. I had the opportunity back in 87 to buy one new but like an idiot I bought an MR2 instead :smmon:

Can you guys post up some pics of your notch so I can admire them? I get kinda sick of looking at the S197 all the time :sleeping:

Seeing a bad ass notch I start jumping up and down :banana:

......if I can only turn back the clock :nonono:

Thanks in advance

DRCjasper

Established Member
Here's a few to get you started.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
What blows me away about the notch is the thing is the size of a Toyota Corolla and not much heavier yet it can swallow a V8 with ease. My favorite is the 86 because I like the look of the dual headlights better but that is just cosmetic. I think a 5.0 LX weight in at around 2700 lbs, that and the 100" wheelbase is impressive. I would get this car more anorexic with deleting accessories and an aluminum block 302, add a T-56, 2 pc rotors and lightweight wheels. I bet you could get this car down to 2400 lbs with a full interior. I have pretty extensive experience in chassis stiffening and this is one area the Fox needs some help. If you compare the SN95 to the Fox you will note the earlier model is more of a "Swiss Cheese" construction but that can be addressed. The SN95 takes a weight hit for the added stiffness but I think the Notch can be stiffened-up without much weight gain.

I don't post much in this section (actually this is the first time) but this car I have admired for years and just want to see what you guys have done. Maybe one day I will own one.

Please post more pics

SlowSVT

Established Member
SUPERCHRGDJOHN

At a car show I would be looking at this more than a modded GT500. The build quality looks outstanding.

scottL

Established Member
"anorexic" full interior, chassis stiffening & 2 piece rotors

What blows me away about the notch is the thing is the size of a Toyota Corolla and not much heavier yet it can swallow a V8 with ease. My favorite is the 86 because I like the look of the dual headlights better but that is just cosmetic. I think a 5.0 LX weight in at around 2700 lbs, that and the 100" wheelbase is impressive. I would get this car more anorexic with deleting accessories and an aluminum block 302, add a T-56, 2 pc rotors and lightweight wheels. I bet you could get this car down to 2400 lbs with a full interior. I have pretty extensive experience in chassis stiffening and this is one area the Fox needs some help. If you compare the SN95 to the Fox you will note the earlier model is more of a "Swiss Cheese" construction but that can be addressed. The SN95 takes a weight hit for the added stiffness but I think the Notch can be stiffened-up without much weight gain.
I don't post much in this section (actually this is the first time) but this car I have admired for years and just want to see what you guys have done. Maybe one day I will own one.
Please post more pics
photo_zps9f391339.jpg

photo_zpsea58d265.jpg

IMG_1559_zpsd2a6b3fc.jpg

photo_zps3112a005.jpg

SUPERCHRGDJOHN

Established Member
hood was a 2.0 few more ....

quick vid: new tint - YouTube

Build/ car spec:
The Body : 90 lx coupe 5.0 5 spd 83k (documented ) clean title history no damage history

All vin tags are in place (current car fax and NC title on hand)Body painted a few years ago base clear . Smooth 2in cowl hood. SOS aluminum race wing.
The underside was sanded and painted to match the under hood and trunk area . All the holes under the hood are filled w/ metal and painted .
Scott rod wiper motor cover and chrome radiator hold down .
New 5% tint and 20% on the complete windshield just done.
Oem antenna delete.
All the wiring, fuel lines ,trans lines ect… are hidden well, I still have not made a single pass with the car I have only driven it on the street maybe 2 miles.

Interior: Scott Rod Fabrications custom matte black aluminum door panels and rear seat delete and package tray (almost $1,000.00 in just aluminum interior pieces from Scott Rod .
Has liquid filled oil and temp gauges, 5in tach w/shift light Custom HULK switch plate The Purge button is on the fog light switch RED push in Start button is mounted by your right knee Keys is still used to unlock the column .
I am pretty sure I forgot a few things, Most of the parts in this build are brand new no junk here!
The pictures will tell most of what you will need to know.

Trunk area: Custom mounted 10 gallon aluminum fuel cell , 10lb NX bottle and aluminum battery box. Trunk is also painted to match the under hood paint .

Wheels and tire combo:
15x3 Aluma stars w/MickyThompson front runners
15x10 Aluma stars w/275-60-15 Mickeythompson drags radials

Front Suspension : AJE- k-member (with changeable mounts for sbf bbf sbc bbc ls1 4.5 5.4 ect..) full adjustable lower control arms, Dual pattern(5on 4.5 or 5on5 3/4 ) 2 inch drop spindles and hubs .
The AJE ultimate coil over & strut combo. AJE caster camber plates Bottom mounted, Flaming river manual rack.
Flaming river steering shaft and bump steer kit and long wheel studs .

Rear Suspension: Rear set up is a 9 inch Moser rear , Daytona pinion support Rear welded brace , Quick Performance Yoke , 33 spline dual patter harden axles with long wheel stud , Full spool ,
5.13 Gear set , QA1 coilovers ,Auto Fab fully adjustable uppers and lower control arms all Grade 8 hardware. Qa1 adjustable shocks.
The torque boxes have been welded up and car has weld in sub frame connectors.

Brake System: Full custom Brake lines. Wilwood front pro brake kit dual pattern two piece rotors front and rear .
SVO master cylinder and manual brake kit .

Cooling system: Aluminum Rad with twin electric fans Custom mounted over flow tank in drivers inner fender . HI flow 94-95 styled ford racing water pump billet cap .

Ignition System: digital Msd All custom wiring hidden inside car Pro billet distributor msd cap Ford Racing Wires and MSD HVC coil ECT……
Charging System: 16V Power master alt, new turbo start 16 battery installed 10/2011 and starter w/ charging station and gauge custom mounted in the fuel door , Off /On switch mounted on left corner of rear license plate
Fuel System: Magna fuel Quick star 300 pump in trunk aeromotive filters hidden under the intake Twin regulators 1 NOS 1 engine .

Power adder: NX big shot kit was a New efi kit I converted over to carb W/NX plate with the 200hp jets I do have the 150 and 250 jets to go with the car.
Transmission: PA Transmission C4 Features: Alto Red racing clutches, Reverse manual valve High performance band body Hardened input shaft and trans brake Custom trans cooler and push lock lines.

Aluminum drive shaft w/ Harden Yoke and safety loop Quick change rear. Hurst shifter ect. And AJE tubular Cross member W/ grade 8 hardware TCI 3400 nitrous stall TCI flex plate

Engine : 347 SBF Dss Level 20 screw in freeze plugs with pro x rotating assembly, all forged internals custom built and blue printed, 9.5 comp. Heads are worked 185 cnc 72cc Trick Flows twisted wedge, 7qt oil pan w/ lokar billet dip stick , Dss pro windage tray and main support system .
Stage 2 trick flow cam 1 7/8 coated long tubes with 3in Flows, 1.6 Howard cam rockers and Trick flow harden push rods .
APR hardware, billet timing set victor jr intake, worked 850 Demon carb with Aed throttle linage and lokar billet throttle cable FRPP tall polished vale cover cometic head gaskets

CarbedForGood

Established Member
You guys have some sweet rides, ready for some junk!? Here's my 85GT hatch and my 88 4cyl notch that eventually got the 85's drive train.
DSCI0079.jpg

DSCI0080.jpg

DSCI0005-1.jpg

DSCI0020-2.jpg

Vid of the motor turning over in the notch for the first time. I didn't know if it would blow up or run and it ran D:
302:Fresh start after swap - YouTube

jfsram

Established Member
8656125709_014ab95c29_z.jpg

93 Mustang LX. 5.0 stock eng w bolt ons, 5 speed, 5 bolt, 13" Cobra front brakes, 11 vented rear disc. 3.27, 31 spline Moser axles, 17" FR500's, 245 and 275 Nitto 555. Maximum Mtrsports LCA, Ford B springs.

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
Here is my 17000 mile 88 no option notch. Hope you like it. :banana:

dsc0024s.jpg

dsc0012bqm.jpg

dsc0002iyo.jpg

dsc0129f.jpg

1320 Junkie

Established Member
1366074373_zpsefb9b2d6.jpg

1362166514_zps119a94c6.jpg

1365206808_zps569aa312.jpg

HCI combo with some stage 3 Garrett turbos ...stock AOD car, looking to blow it to hell then build it up....wrapped it grabber blue. Car wasn't a survivor..been color changed hacked etc...perfect candidate for my race car project you see here, put it together in 7 weeks time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread