Pictures of the Mecca Tune HID kit installed!

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by onthehunt
I do not recommend this guy from Illustion-lighting. His work on my last vehicle was shaddy!!

The way he cut the holes in the back were rigid and not round. If you look into the light you can see where the sealant ozed in from sealing the light in. Inside of the light had waterspots that you can't clean because its INSIDE. So everytime I looked I could see it and when I went to shows to show my truck it would bug the sh!t out of me. The beams were off and scattered. I was always getting high beamed. I had to adjust my headlamps all the way down and the alignment of the lights and corns didn't match because of it. The way he seals it looks cheesy. I have pics if anyone wants to see them. The Hella ballast looked used. What came to mind when I first saw them is he probaly picked them up from junk yard and re-sells them.

If anyone wants to see pics let me know. I'll email them to you. Also the job he does makes me think he does this out of his garage type deal.

I got the same impression when I was doing research on this. Some people always point out why I didn't go with Illusion Lighting. Well, you gave one of the reasons. The other is the price.

davidmax

Established Member
I will check vendors on Monday and we sell the TRUE HID'S for Vettes,however they may now make a kit for our cars and if they do they may be a bit more expensive,but you with some exceptions you get what you pay for,Good Luck,Dave Smilovic

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
I don't see any "panel" that would be covering an adjuster, maybe you can describe where this would be, I only see the vertical adjuster.

headlight1.JPG

headlight2.JPG

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

BurninOut

Established Member
Ok so what are you guys doing for High beams??? Im finaly able to drive the car(shoulder surgery!) and I needed high beams to night because the low beams HID`s where not shooting out far enough. I have the 6500 kit up top and the 8000k kit int he fogs(bulbs are burnt out tho) so what is everyone doing about this???

Justen

Last edited:

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I converted my projector beams to HID and put sylvania silverstar in the high beams. I'll post pics tomorrow evening and show you all what I mean. No way in hell was I going to give up my high beams.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Well, here's the crappy pics. I wonder if it's even possible to take quality pics of headlights?
DSC00375.gif

DSC00374.gif

DSC00373.gif

DSC00378.gif

Here's my highbeams for comparison. Sad how even the weakest HIDs will blow the brightest halogens out of the water.

DSC00381.gif

DSC00380.gif

Burninout101

Established Member
I would like to see a kit for the 03`s tho...I like what you have done. Can you give me some details on it...

Justen

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Not many details to give you really, I just used apc projectors with mecca tune 6000k hid's, and sylvania histar (or silverstar?) for the high beams. Most of what APC sells is total garbage but at least they got the projector headlights right. They're releasing new items constantly so I'd say it's only a matter of time before they come out with a kit for the 99-up models.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Looks great Kovachian. I recently saw a one piece kit for your bodystyle. It looked real nice. Have you seen it?

And unfortunately no one sells projector kits for 99+ Stangs that are affordable and that I would recommend.

When it finally does happen (it's only a matter of time), I'll be the first to set up the group purchase for the damn things. Even if it is regular projectors, we could retrofit the Mecca Tune kit that most of us already have into it.

BBriBro

Established Member
I'd be all over this, I would buy the projector housings in a heartbeat. I have the HID kit, and I do miss my high beams. Also I don't think the massive "sea" of purple light out of the stock reflector looks as good as out of a projector. The aiming, or beam pattern is quite different.

Users who are viewing this thread