Pictures of the Mecca Tune HID kit installed!

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Ill post pics of mine as soon as my new ballast comes in. Where did you put yours? My drivers side is in the fender and the passengers side will be right behind the light. Was able to fit it back with the FIPK.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Cool, let us know where you mounted the ballast. I never noticed that when you use the high beam, the foglamps go out. I guess thats another way of getting peoples attention.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
ill take some pics tomorrow... both of my ballasts are under the plastic piece that holds the hood prop. Its pretty well hidden, and the wires are under there as well. :)

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
ill take some pics tomorrow... both of my ballasts are under the plastic piece that holds the hood prop. Its pretty well hidden, and the wires are under there as well. :)

That's probably what I'm gonna do. It sounds like the stealthiest install.

Is there really enough space under there?

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
yes... the hole under there fits the ballast perfectly... you dont need to use the black plastic mounting bracket that comes with it.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
I never noticed that when you use the high beam, the foglamps go out. I guess thats another way of getting peoples attention.

Yup.

I'm planning on setting up another group purchase in a couple of months so that I can buy another kit for my foglights. That way I'll have full HIDs. And, as an added bonus, when I flick for high beams, the fogs will go on and off.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
yes... the hole under there fits the ballast perfectly... you dont need to use the black plastic mounting bracket that comes with it.

Definately post some pics. I wanna see how you ran the wires and how you mounted the ballast.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
What do you mean? It's to show off the pics of the members that bought the HID kits and to get an idea of where it's best to mount the hardware, ask questions about the install, etc.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I love my 8300K kit. Blue is cool! I mounted mine under the plastic cover too. It seemed easiest but it does look ghetto with my zip ties coming through the top of the plastic. Where are you guys running your wires? Probably through the only small hole at each end.

JR

Last edited:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Hey Guys, although only one is working since the other ballast is a bust, heres some comparison pics I just took.

This one, the HID is on the drivers side and the fake one is on the passenger. The colors are almost the same, except the real HID is way brighter and a lil whiter. These are 6500K's.
5c5dfa95.JPG

You can see how the HID has a way broader and brighter range than a Xenon fake. I only got the fakes as a substitue til I could get these. Didn't expect to get them so early. The fakes are made my Nokya's, which aren't bad for fakes, but nothing beats a true HID. Also, when you looked at the headlight, the fakes would make it look blue because of the blue coating, wasn't too fond of that.
779dbfec.JPG

Thought I'd just throw in a pic of my engine. Only mod is the FIPK and the Cobra S/C pulley cover from CDC.
b88a9c0c.JPG

The MeccaTune is great. The box it came in was real nice looking, looked like it was in Vodka bottle boxes, hehe. Hope you guys enjoy yours, I sure will. :rockon:

Last edited:

99cobraclone

Established Member
Is their a warranty? I got my kit yesterday but I won't be installing for at least a month and I was wondering if I will need to test them out or just wait to see if mine work when I install them.

The packaging was pathetic, I guarantee that is why some people have broken ballasts.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
Is their a warranty? I got my kit yesterday but I won't be installing for at least a month and I was wondering if I will need to test them out or just wait to see if mine work when I install them.

The packaging was pathetic, I guarantee that is why some people have broken ballasts.

One year warranty.

Just goes to show that you can't please everyone. Some people love the packaging, others hate it. But so far, I have more lovers than haters, by a big margin. So I'm not too concerned.

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Sorry about that, was working when I first put it. Geocities sucks at serving. Pics should be working now, changed the host. The pictures arent the greatest representation of how they are because it looks a bit different in person. Guess you'll find out when you install them yourselves, just hope it helps a little.

Last edited:

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
One year warranty.

Just goes to show that you can't please everyone. Some people love the packaging, others hate it. But so far, I have more lovers than haters, by a big margin. So I'm not too concerned.

honestly dude I got give a rat's ass about what the ****ing box looks like, I care about it arriving to my freaking house in one piece.

Users who are viewing this thread