Pictures of the Mecca Tune HID kit installed!

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Anyone thought of using yellow euro style bulbs from PIAA on the fog lamps? I'm not planning on to myself but was wondering if anyone else had thoughts along that line.

Erick

Established Member
Hey guys... did you have to RE-aim that kit when you installed it? My beam pattern looks REALLY bad... its almost like a jackknife up top. Very uneven

This was exactly what I was thinking. I did end up adjusting them, but I'm not sure what the optimal level should be. I think I'll keep raising them until I start getting flashed and then back down a bit. They will never have that sharp beam like a BMW.

Anyone thought of using yellow euro style bulbs from PIAA on the fog lamps? I'm not planning on to myself but was wondering if anyone else had thoughts along that line.

I did consider this also. I think it would look great and would be a lot easier than trying to match up the fogs. Can we run aftermarket fogs while still utilizing the factory switch? I'm sure it can be done, but I wonder what the amp rating is on the factory setup.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
Thats good news, but can you explain further, A "standard" bulb has a filament that glows, which is where the light is "generated" However, don't HIDs use glowing xenon gas? , (similar to a fluorescent) in that the light comes from the "whole" capsule, rather than a tiny filament. In other words, I would think the "focus" would have to be somewhat different, no ? I can't wait to get mine to see all these details for myself.

The light eminates from the central area, where the spark ignites the gases, and radiates outward from there. It's in the center of the bulb. I'm trying to find you a thermal image of an HID bulb that I ran across a while ago. In essence the entire bulb lights up but it is where the spark is that produces somewhere along the lines of 85-90% of the light. And, since that section happens to be in the same spot relative to where the stock bulb would be, the focus of the beam is the same.

Like I said, the only reason you guys notice the beam pattern to be different is because you can actually see the beam pattern now.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
And, YStang99GT is running yellow bulbs on the fogs of his red 10th anniversary. It looks good on his car. It might not look great on all colors, but on his, it does. I might do the same to see how it looks on my car.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Originally posted by Erick
This was exactly what I was thinking. I did end up adjusting them, but I'm not sure what the optimal level should be. I think I'll keep raising them until I start getting flashed and then back down a bit. They will never have that sharp beam like a BMW.

THat sounds good. I think I will raise it up a little too. The length of light isnt good enough for me. I dont think im blinding anyone, so I can probably raise it up a few notches. The light pattern on the mustang lights suck btw :bash:

I did consider this also. I think it would look great and would be a lot easier than trying to match up the fogs. Can we run aftermarket fogs while still utilizing the factory switch? I'm sure it can be done, but I wonder what the amp rating is on the factory setup.

Thats exactly what im going to do... those yellow lights are much better for seeing in the fog/rain.... unless I just want to go appearance, then I will get another HID kit for down there :smmon:

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Yeah mine are a little low as well. Glad we can adjust them. I found out that my flickering was a bad bulb. Glad I switched them first. Henry has been great about troubleshooting. He told me to send it in and he will send me a new one. No questions asked. Anyone know where to get the PIAA yellow fogs?

JR

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Wow, thought I was the only one who thought about the yellow fog lamps. I just figured it would look a lil better yellow than that halogen tinge and easier to do it that way rather than trying to match colors. YStang99GT, you think can post up some pics of how the setup looks like?

01stang

Established Member
Originally posted by Johnny Random
Yeah mine are a little low as well. Glad we can adjust them. I found out that my flickering was a bad bulb. Glad I switched them first. Henry has been great about troubleshooting. He told me to send it in and he will send me a new one. No questions asked. Anyone know where to get the PIAA yellow fogs?

JR

when u say flickering, was is constantly? coz when i hooked mine up and turn in on and test, one of the bulb some wat flickered like 2-3 sec then stoped... im not sure if that means i got a bad bulb or not?

also kit was awesome, it was packed well! got it installed last night will get pic soon.

01stang

Established Member
ahhh wtf.... imma go find diff server

Last edited:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Hmm.. better use a different server, all I say is that message saying this website wasn't authorized.

Weasel

Established Member
ttt
still interested in seeing how people are mounting ballasts.

Mike

BBriBro

Established Member
I am really starting to like the idea of Amber fogs, But I have NEVER seen any on a mustang (with HIDs) can someone help us decide with some nice pics ?

01stang

Established Member
Originally posted by SvTaNg03
which kit is that, 6500k?

yea thats the 6500k kit, but due to my crappy a$$ 1.2 meg digi camera, it took the pic like crap, but it looks alot more better and brighter in person. and it looks blue in the pic but it actually looks purplelish white (kinda how the s2000) `

venemous99cobra

Established Member
01stang you have a pm although it seems the thread sort of answered my questions to you. i guess though, would you say that they color of the light is more blue or white? thanks again!

Wild Bill

Established Member
Does anyone have the 12000k kit?Do they make it for our cars?What difference would that be performance wise?

BBriBro

Established Member
Shucks, I was in the 2nd GB that ended on May 2nd, I read that they would ship by the 7th. I e-mailed him on the 9th for a tracking number, Still no response, and apparently they have no phone either :??: Fortunately those from the 1st GB did get their orders, so I don't think I'm getting ripped off, but this isn't good customer service. I should have at least gotten an order confirmation or something, I hate it when you are left hanging, and then all of a sudden, you have package on your doorstep out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread