Pictures of the Mecca Tune HID kit installed!

Weasel

Established Member
I ordered on the 2nd as well. Haven't heard anything either.

Mike

01stang

Established Member
yea i had the same problem w/ the e-mail when i order mine. but try to know that henry is prolly be busy all over and dont have time to return e-mail. i thought i was going to get riped off. but i just kept e-mail him for the tracking number and bam got a e-mail from him w/ the number, soon after the kit came... just gotta be patient i guess.?

venemous99cobra

Established Member
Guys just so you all know Henry has been extremly helpful to me with everything and although he doesn't get back to me RIGHT away on things he has ALWAYS gotten back to me on whatever I needed help with. Please try to have some faith. :beer:

Redwing

Established Member
Don't know Henry from Adam. I e-mailed 3 separate times to ask about the logistics of Canadian orders and payment methods. I also wanted to know if the kit fit any car and not just Mustangs, so that I could get a set for my wife's Murano. No response, period.
Just my 2 cents

Steve

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by Redwing
Don't know Henry from Adam. I e-mailed 3 separate times to ask about the logistics of Canadian orders and payment methods. I also wanted to know if the kit fit any car and not just Mustangs, so that I could get a set for my wife's Murano. No response, period.
Just my 2 cents

Steve

Remember that the kit includes the 9007 bulb. The kit should work but you'll probably need different bulbs (unless these fit that car).
I'm sure that I'll get my stuff;others have. When it gets here, it gets here.

Regards
Mike

BBriBro

Established Member
we discussed "focusing" the headlights a few weeks ago, Now that my install is done, it seems that both of mine are aimed to the right. I only find an adjuster for the height, I thought all headlights had an adjuster for left and right too, no ? ( at least the old sealed beams did) Or is this designed in on purpose from FORD to prevent blinding on coming traffic?

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Originally posted by Wild Bill
Does anyone have the 12000k kit?Do they make it for our cars?What difference would that be performance wise?

well.. with a 12K light, your going to be making almost as much ultraviolet light as visible.. (might as well keep your stock halogens).. the BEST you can get is the 4300k lights.. that's the closest HID lights to natural sunlight that's on the market.. why do you think that OEM lights are all 4300...

also, with this kit, are they just low beam, or bi-xenon?

(the Nissan Murano has bi-xenon and WOW are they bright on the high beam setting, completely blowing regular HID low/halogen high headlights out of the water)

BBriBro

Established Member
I don't think 4300k was even an option with Meccatune, or I would have chosen that. I can't believe how "purple" the 6500s are, what about the poor guys with 8000k, they will get a ticket for sure :) Nah, maybe I just some different fogs so there isn't such a contrast.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by BBriBro
we discussed "focusing" the headlights a few weeks ago, Now that my install is done, it seems that both of mine are aimed to the right. I only find an adjuster for the height, I thought all headlights had an adjuster for left and right too, no ? ( at least the old sealed beams did) Or is this designed in on purpose from FORD to prevent blinding on coming traffic?
No one has any comments :shrug: HIDs or not, are your headlights "aimed" perfectly straight ahead? I can adjust the up and down, but not the side to side, hmmmm

Last edited:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
My passenger side light is pointed towards the drivers side... its quite annoying. havent tried to look for lateral adjustments though

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
My passenger side light is pointed towards the drivers side... its quite annoying. havent tried to look for lateral adjustments though
Let me know if you find anything, it looks to me like they are "Fixed" laterally, unless I can shim those funky sliding clips that hold the lights in.

BurninOut

Established Member
I miss my high beams.....I want both truefully...the highbeams stock would put the light out further...and I do some late late night very dark driving on a two lane highway...deer season is not goign to be cool....:(((((

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
the headlight housings do in fact have left/right adjustments, I fiddled with mine when I installed the projectors. If I remember correctly, they are behind the innermost corner of the housings, I think they're hiding behind some panel. If I had my car right now I could pop the hood and take a look.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Kovachian
the headlight housings do in fact have left/right adjustments, I fiddled with mine when I installed the projectors. If I remember correctly, they are behind the innermost corner of the housings, I think they're hiding behind some panel. If I had my car right now I could pop the hood and take a look.
AHHH, thank you, good info, I will check this evening !

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Kovachian
the headlight housings do in fact have left/right adjustments, I fiddled with mine when I installed the projectors. If I remember correctly, they are behind the innermost corner of the housings, I think they're hiding behind some panel.
I don't see any "panel" that would be covering an adjuster, maybe you can describe where this would be, I only see the vertical adjuster.

headlight1.JPG

headlight2.JPG

BurninOut

Established Member
What other ways are there to get ahold of henry, I sent my ballasts back (both) due to them being damaged and now I can not get a hold of him he will not respond via email or IM. He said he sent them out last monday morning...It took a week just for that and he kept telling me he did not get the overnight box until I copied and pasted the tracking info from ups.com so if anyone has a number or another email I would be very thankful.

Justen Franklin

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by BurninOut
What other ways are there to get ahold of henry, I sent my ballasts back (both) due to them being damaged and now I can not get a hold of him he will not respond via email or IM. He said he sent them out last monday morning...It took a week just for that and he kept telling me he did not get the overnight box until I copied and pasted the tracking info from ups.com so if anyone has a number or another email I would be very thankful.

Justen Franklin

Send me an email to [email protected] with all your info (name, email addy used to order the kit, and problems) and I'll try to get in contact with Henry on your behalf and get the problem resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

onthehunt

Established Member
Originally posted by torquefreak
If any of you need/want more knowledge about H.I.D lighting, here's a good site www.illusion-lighting.com

I do not recommend this guy from Illustion-lighting. His work on my last vehicle was shaddy!!

The way he cut the holes in the back were rigid and not round. If you look into the light you can see where the sealant ozed in from sealing the light in. Inside of the light had waterspots that you can't clean because its INSIDE. So everytime I looked I could see it and when I went to shows to show my truck it would bug the sh!t out of me. The beams were off and scattered. I was always getting high beamed. I had to adjust my headlamps all the way down and the alignment of the lights and corns didn't match because of it. The way he seals it looks cheesy. I have pics if anyone wants to see them. The Hella ballast looked used. What came to mind when I first saw them is he probaly picked them up from junk yard and re-sells them.

If anyone wants to see pics let me know. I'll email them to you. Also the job he does makes me think he does this out of his garage type deal.

Users who are viewing this thread