-pics- few new HDR shots of the 10th

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hey guys, haven't touched the camera or the car for a while and the roads were salt free from all the rain we had on Friday so I thought I'd give it a try yesterday.:

You owe me a new Tubesock :dw:

Awesome pics as always :rockon:

Vegas 01 Cobra

Established Member
Might be a dumb question but, what does HDR mean? My friend has a Canon Rebel and I wanna borrow it and take some shots. Everytime I shoot my car it turns out grainy for some reason and I cant figure out how to get rid of that. Its a black car...

bubbrubb

Thanks guys.

Graves, that means a lot coming from you man, you're one of the best!! :beer:

Might be a dumb question but, what does HDR mean? My friend has a Canon Rebel and I wanna borrow it and take some shots. Everytime I shoot my car it turns out grainy for some reason and I cant figure out how to get rid of that. Its a black car...

that sounds more like the ISO being too high than anything else. The lower the ISO, the cleaner the picture will come out - however it will physically take longer for the picture to be taken (longer shutter speed) so make sure you have a tripod if you're shooting in low light situations.

I also messed around a little on photoshop to get the colors right so it didn't have that orange hue to it anymore & this is what I came out with.
Some are in the shape of a widescreen monitor since I made myself a couple of desktops out of them.

IMG_5575HDRcolorfix.jpg

IMG_5556_4copycolorfix.jpg

IMG_5583_1_2colorfix.jpg

widescreen monitor dimension pics

RahalHDRdesktop2.jpg

RahalHDRdesktop1.jpg

Graves

Established Member
Graves, that means a lot coming from you man, you're one of the best!! :beer:

I don't believe that one bit! lol Thanks, man. That means a lot. :beer:

I loved the last set you did in the parking garage, too.

Were you doing anything special with the post processing, or did you just set up a tri-pod, play with the settings, and pull the trigger?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice pictures Bo! :rockon:

With the car looking orange in some shots, you have to make sure you set the white balance on your camera. It really helps capture the colors correctly.

I like the angles and venu. In some shots it looks like your car is in a showroom of some sorts.

After seeing these pictures it really makes me want to get out and do some night shots of my car.

Last edited:

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Good sir Bo! That is a perfect Cobra. Awesome photos man :bowdown: :beer:

Can't wait to get mine back.

bubbrubb

the last 2 are my fav, car looks really good
Thanks man
Nice mustang!
Come to Pittsburgh sometime!!
I don't believe that one bit! lol Thanks, man. That means a lot. :beer:

I loved the last set you did in the parking garage, too.

Were you doing anything special with the post processing, or did you just set up a tri-pod, play with the settings, and pull the trigger?
I'm pretty good at making an image come out how I want in the post processors (photoshop and photomatix), I normally just say F it and post it though (you can tell with the orangeish pics I posted first). I play around with all kinds of settings to get it where I think it looks good, sometimes its too much though.

I shot both of those with the rebel xt on "p" and with the kit lens, so its just a matter of finding an angle where I don't get any noticeable lens flare & using the timer and the AEB function. I'm sure I did a horrible job answering what you wanted to know. Sorry... is there anything specific you were curious about?

Great looking HDR's!
Thanks!
Nice pictures Bo! :rockon:

With the car looking orange in some shots, you have to make sure you set the white balance on your camera. It really helps capture the colors correctly.

I like the angles and venu. In some shots it looks like your car is in a showroom of some sorts.

After seeing these pictures it really makes me want to get out and do some night shots of my car.
Thanks Kevin! I'd love to see some night shots of your cobra! The chicanes would POP!!

As far as the WB, I just leave it on auto & I shoot in RAW, so I can adjust them accordingly for the individual pictures, however I don't really know how to do that in photomatix & their auto settings make it come out like crap. Unfortunately if there is a manual mode I've either overlooked it, or it doesn't exist. I use the .raw files in photomatix because of outlawphoto's advice and explanation that the raw file contains a lot of data that the jpegs lose and the HDR comes out better as a result. So far, I'd say that I've had a little bit of success with it.

I think I did a better job of fixing it with the pics I posted above though. :shrug:
stupid torch orange pictures...

Great backdrop for the shots. And the first pic is the best of the bunch.
Thanks!
Looks amazing man. Can't wait for Spring so i can pull the car out and try out some new stuff with my cam.
I know exactly how you feel, I've been looking forward to the warm weather. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to get some pictures
Great shots & your choice of background worked out great... TR for the win...
Good sir Bo! That is a perfect Cobra. Awesome photos man :bowdown: :beer:

Can't wait to get mine back.
Can't wait for you to get yours back Rick!! I think that I can help you kind sir, I have $12 million U.S. dollars in a bank in Nigeria you are the next of kin of the deceased. Please send $5,000 U.S. to me for transaction fees and I make sure you take 70% of $12 million. I thank you for cooperation in this time sir.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Thanks Kevin! I'd love to see some night shots of your cobra! The chicanes would POP!!

As far as the WB, I just leave it on auto & I shoot in RAW, so I can adjust them accordingly for the individual pictures, however I don't really know how to do that in photomatix & their auto settings make it come out like crap. Unfortunately if there is a manual mode I've either overlooked it, or it doesn't exist. I use the .raw files in photomatix because of outlawphoto's advice and explanation that the raw file contains a lot of data that the jpegs lose and the HDR comes out better as a result. So far, I'd say that I've had a little bit of success with it.

I think I did a better job of fixing it with the pics I posted above though. :shrug:
stupid torch orange pictures...
Yeah. It's something thats long overdue. One day I will just go out and do it.

The pics above look much better! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread