-pics- few new HDR shots of the 10th

bubbrubb

Hey guys, haven't touched the camera or the car for a while and the roads were salt free from all the rain we had on Friday so I thought I'd give it a try yesterday.

Sorry for the lack of variety/quality in the pictures, but it was ****ing freezing and I didn't think twice about leaving the house in just a t shirt and jeans til I got out of the car :bash: I didn't get much variety in the pictures before I left.

Anywho, I think what I did take came out OK. The first ones are HDR, the second ones are the normal exposures. Hope you like em!

HDRs

IMG_5583_1_2.jpg

IMG_5553_1.jpg

IMG_5556_4copy.jpg

IMG_5557HDR.jpg

single exposure photos

IMG_5583-J_1.jpg

IMG_5551-Jcopy.jpg

IMG_5556copy.jpg

IMG_5575-J.jpg

IMG_5560-Jcopy.jpg

All comments, critiques or advice are welcome :beer:

insane99svt

Established Member
Nice pictures they almost look fake what does a camera like that cost its about time for me to get a new one all I have is a little cheap 5mp camera but I want a really nice one for under $500 like to get one around $300 as I need a camcorder also but any info would be great.

pony23

Established Member
Damn, those came out great. Awsome pics, like usuall!!!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I like the single exposures as mush as the HDRs!

I wish it wasn't -5 and there wasn't 10" of snow on the ground....I've been dying to take some nice pics of my car with my new D60! :(

bubbrubb

Nice pictures they almost look fake what does a camera like that cost its about time for me to get a new one all I have is a little cheap 5mp camera but I want a really nice one for under $500 like to get one around $300 as I need a camcorder also but any info would be great.
well the camera I'm shooting with is just a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT with the kit lens, I bet you could pick one up on ebay for pretty cheap now since its like 5 years old? I think mine is either 6 or 8 megapixels, but for pics you post online, megapixels don't really mean a whole lot since they're compressed so much when they're hosted online. I'd highly recommend getting any type of digital SLR, with a personal preference to canon because thats all I've ever known and I think they have a great lens availability. Look into Canon and Nikon Digital SLRs even if they're not the current model, they're still fantastic cameras :beer:

great shots, looks like an abondoned dealership!!
Thank you, and 97LaserRed is right - its a brand new multimillion dollar BMW dealership that just opened up last week :beer:

car looks awesome as always man! pics #1 and #4 are my fave
the first ones are ftw.:rockon:
Damn, those came out great. Awsome pics, like usuall!!!
Thanks guys!!
the dealership is just being built. its almost finished if im not mistaken
yup, they finished it last week & brought all the cars out last sunday :beer:
I like the single exposures as mush as the HDRs!

I wish it wasn't -5 and there wasn't 10" of snow on the ground....I've been dying to take some nice pics of my car with my new D60! :(
haha yeah I hear ya, it was a nice day, just cold as hell. All the salt and road debris were washed away with some extremely heavy rain we had on friday... perfect excuse to give the car a little movement in the winter. I really wish I had a better camera/lenses to work with myself but I think imma rock my Polaroid till its significantly outdated. I really do wish I had all the new light metering & picture quality the new ones have though, but I'm stashing away my money for a few big things so the camera isn't going to make cut :(

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Did you shoot those on auto or manual?

Edit: Not the HDR shots, the single exposures.

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I just set it to P and call it a day. Why, what should I do?

Oh nothing man. It looks good. I was just wondering if you manually set the aperture and shutter speed or not.

They're good pics and the Torch Red looks great. I was never a fan of red on cars, but torch red is really growing on me.

bubbrubb

Oh nothing man. It looks good. I was just wondering if you manually set the aperture and shutter speed or not.

They're good pics and the Torch Red looks great. I was never a fan of red on cars, but torch red is really growing on me.
haha oh ok cool, I get worried that some people think I actually know what I'm doing with a camera :lol1:

The single exposures and the HDRs come from the same series of pictures, with the single exposure I take the normal exposure. With the HDR I merge the 3 exposures (normal, +2 and -2) into one picture using photomatix pro

Torch Red is a beautiful color as long as you maintain it well, I've seen a few torch mustangs around and they all look faded and crappy

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbrubb

your car is so beautiful!

love torch red, and those rims are nastY!!!!!
Thanks man, everytime I see your car I keep saying to myself damn it I wish I would have had them made in 18 x 11 and bought the 335s instead of the 305s :lol1:

fantastic shots!!! The lighting almost makes it look orange. Great looking car, and keep taking/posting photos!!
I know, I don't know why it was looking orange in some of the pictures. that drives me nuts!!
Car looks amazing! Nice skills too
Thanks Franke :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread