Picked up my Cobra yesterday

86caprirs

Established Member
I flew to Vancouver BC canada to pic up my Cobra. The guy had it all washed up and looking awesome for me. I drove it home and wow!!! I am so in love with this car. It went through the mountains that borders BC and Alberta with ease. I basicly had it in 6th gear the whole way. The boost just pushed me uphills with no problems. I even chased 3 BMW's through the mountians. One was a 7 series, 5 series and a 3 series. They could not shake me and I had a shit eating grin when I passed them every time there was an hill or steep grade.

But the down side was I got stuck in some pretty good rain falls and one hail storm in the upper levels of the mountians. At one pint I had to pull over because I could not see through the rain. It came down that hard! Oh well. She just needs a good bath.

Now I can see what I need to do. Subframe connectors, IRS brace and bushing kit first. Then I can figure out what I need to do engine wise. So far it has a Diablo preditor hand held tune By Brown Bros Ford and maf extender, upper pulley (2.95?), hot air intake (open air in the engine bay) and a cat back Magnaflow. That was tuned to 460hp/460tq rear wheels. I filled with 94 in Vancouver (sea level) and 91 in Calgary (3300ft above sea level). Still had gobs of power. Did not notice any seat of the pants feel.

deadhorse

WCMF-38
Established Member
must have been a sweet cruize from vancouver to alberta, Terminators make great canyon carvers,,,,atleast you albertans dont need a front plate out ther,,,lucky buggers .enjoy and keep it clean man

RedfireSVT

Established Member
congrats on the car! not always a good idea to get into the boost in 6th gear.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Congrats on the cobra, How was the drive back home? Oh and Don't boost in 5th and 6th gears like everyone said. Enjoy these cars are alot of fun to drive.

86caprirs

Established Member
The drive was awesome. the corner carving through the mountians was awesome. Just the rain and then hail storm kinds ruined the drive for me. But the car survived. With the 4:10's I kinda run through the gears fast. I am in 6th gear by 55-60 mph.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
Congrats.

Newb question. I also bought my cobra n was told not to hit boost in 5th n 6th. I haven't done so but what is the result if done?

Emwun Garand

Established Member
OK. I know MM has the subframe connectors, but who has the best IRS brace and bushings. And a diff brace?

IRS Braces and Differential Brace from Billetflow.
Bushing kit from Full Tilt Boogie Racing

Congrats.

Newb question. I also bought my cobra n was told not to hit boost in 5th n 6th. I haven't done so but what is the result if done?

Don't race in 5th or 6th. Terminators are known to "heat soak". Basically the engine heats up quickly and doesn't cool down very easily. When you're making pulls @ WOT, the car is generating a lot of heat.

5th and 6th gear in the T56 transmission are overdriven, therefore adding an immense load on an already heated engine. The piston to cylinder wall clearance in our engines is very small. Superheat the pistons and the metal expands, causing catastrophic damage to the piston rings, cylinder walls.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Don't race in 5th or 6th. Terminators are known to "heat soak". Basically the engine heats up quickly and doesn't cool down very easily. When you're making pulls @ WOT, the car is generating a lot of heat.

5th and 6th gear in the T56 transmission are overdriven, therefore adding an immense load on an already heated engine. The piston to cylinder wall clearance in our engines is very small. Superheat the pistons and the metal expands, causing catastrophic damage to the piston rings, cylinder walls.[/QUOTE]

Good to know thanks!! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First, congratulations on getting your Cobra. Sounds like you're very pleased. Just a suggestion. I noticed that you filled up first with 94 octane and then on 91. I would find out what octane your motor was tuned for. It's possible it was a tune for 94 octane fuel. If it does and you're going to use 91 then get a new tune for that octane.

Enjoy your Terminator!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread