Picked up my Cobra yesterday

red9450

Established Member
i dont think boosting in 5th and 6th is really a problem... its going WOT through 5th and 6th....

If you're cruising on the highway and push the accelerator to pass and go into boost it wont cause any problems. (i know thats what most meant here, just clarifying for OP)

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
IRS Braces and Differential Brace from Billetflow.
Bushing kit from Full Tilt Boogie Racing

Don't race in 5th or 6th. Terminators are known to "heat soak". Basically the engine heats up quickly and doesn't cool down very easily. When you're making pulls @ WOT, the car is generating a lot of heat.

5th and 6th gear in the T56 transmission are overdriven, therefore adding an immense load on an already heated engine. The piston to cylinder wall clearance in our engines is very small. Superheat the pistons and the metal expands, causing catastrophic damage to the piston rings, cylinder walls.

Are you talking about boosting like: going 55-60 in 5th/6th and then going WOT/flooring it, or doing runs/pulls and when you go WOT from 1-5? I hope that made sense.

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I hate bumping my own reply but im very curious even though i feel like its a super stupid question. Nobody ever told me this, and i have floored it while cruising in 5th/6th before. I can only think of one time iv ever done a pull with WOT 1-6, and i feel like if thats what was meant then wouldnt that basically be saying that 5-6th are worthless in race terms

86caprirs

Established Member
I was just passing in 5 and 6th. So I was doing 5 psi while passing. Not the full 13 psi.

The car is tuned for 91 octane. In BC you can buy 94 octane so i took advantage of it. Even if it was $1.49 per litre.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread