People saying "Merry Christmas"

Blown 89

Established Member
I mentioned that a few days ago to my employees. People are getting tired of the PC bullshit and are saying it more. I celebrate Christmas therefore I use that phrase. The conversation came up again last night when I wished some jewish clients a Merry Christmas. They said happy Hanukkah and neither of us were offended. Imagine that.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
have you noticed more people are saying "Merry Christmas" again instead of the PC "Happy Holidays"? I think I've heard "Merry Christmas" more this year than in recent memory.
Perhaps the Trump effect has rippled it's way to the holidays.
I noticed last year a lot of places I go, used Merry Christmas more, and it seems to be 10 fold this year. Hard to explain, but kind of puts you in an older happier time frame when people weren't miserable joy killers.

I sent out Kwanza cards this year to some people (atheist whiteys).
I need to use this next year.

I mentioned that a few days ago to my employees. People are getting tired of the PC bullshit and are saying it more. I celebrate Christmas therefore I use that phrase. The conversation came up again last night when I wished some jewish clients a Merry Christmas. They said happy Hanukkah and neither of us were offended. Imagine that.
One of my agents is Jewish and he openly uses Merry Christmas. Those who know reply with happy Hanukkah, just a mutual appreciation for each other. No offense at all.

Was at Home Depot the other day and a guy went off on a cashier for saying Merry Christmas, myself and a bunch of other contractors wished the snowflake a Merry Christmas. Was hilarious seeing a bunch of guys have an instant bond against a jackass berating a cashier. Cashier appreciated it, and was thankful to all of us.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don't get why people care either way. I don't give a shit if someone says Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas.

As long as they aren't trying to do away with Merry Christmas then it isn't a problem. Don't you think it is equally as stupid to try and do away with the word Christmas and everything associated? Why can't we just let people say what they want to say?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't get why people care either way. I don't give a shit if someone says Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas.

No one cares IF, and I stress IF, it is done with sincerity but it is forced upon people so they are politically correct.

While this might sound O.T. I'm going somewhere what I am about to type. Did you or anyone see the live version of A Christmas Story and if so, did anything strike you as odd or forced?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I noticed last year a lot of places I go, used Merry Christmas more, and it seems to be 10 fold this year. Hard to explain, but kind of puts you in an older happier time frame when people weren't miserable joy killers.
Definitely takes you back to a better time. But better days are ahead I believe(hope)

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Why can't we just let people say what they want to say?
Your last question caught my eye and I think I have an answer. Conservative, good folk don't really care what people say or do if it doesn't affect them. They start caring when they are told they can't say something, especially if it's fundamental to core values. Personally, I could care less if people say happy holidays, merry Christmas, or bah-humbug. I do care when people are shamed and forbidden from saying merry Christmas.
Now let's take the liberals and add them to this equation. Liberals don't have the same core values as the above mentioned. They preach tolerance and freedom, but only if it's something they agree with. Otherwise, they try and shut the speech down using many methods.
So to your question of why can't we just let people say what they want to say?... because the pseudo tolerant liberals won't allow it.

blk02edge

Established Member
Your last question caught my eye and I think I have an answer. Conservative, good folk don't really care what people say or do if it doesn't affect them. They start caring when they are told they can't say something, especially if it's fundamental to core values. Personally, I could care less if people say happy holidays, merry Christmas, or bah-humbug. I do care when people are shamed and forbidden from saying merry Christmas.
Now let's take the liberals and add them to this equation. Liberals don't have the same core values as the above mentioned. They preach tolerance and freedom, but only if it's something they agree with. Otherwise, they try and shut the speech down using many methods.
So to your question of why can't we just let people say what they want to say?... because the pseudo tolerant liberals won't allow it.
You should keep in mind that there are right wing religeous folks who do get mad at anyone who don't tolerate the lack of your values as well, goes both ways, its not a religeous, athiest, left or right wing thing, its a controlling ignorant person thing, someone gets mad about just laugh at them, wish them a merry Trumpmas and move along.

Zemedici

Established Member
You should keep in mind that there are right wing religeous folks who do get mad at anyone who don't tolerate the lack of your values as well, goes both ways, its not a religeous, athiest, left or right wing thing, its a controlling ignorant person thing, someone gets mad about just laugh at them, wish them a merry Trumpmas and move along.

They’re worse than the libs imo. At least libs don’t look down their nose at you.

blk02edge

Established Member
They’re worse than the libs imo. At least libs don’t look down their nose at you.
I've honestly never met seen or witnessed anyone who did care about someone saying Merry christmas, like someone else said it's always been the other way round. Either way I DGAF what someone says. To me Christmas is about family and friends

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I've honestly never met seen or witnessed anyone who did care about someone saying Merry christmas, like someone else said it's always been the other way round. Either way I DGAF what someone says. To me Christmas is about family and friends
As an atheist I have no problem saying it or even intitiating the greeting.

It is a fun holiday and an important one to most people in this nation.

So instead of being miserable, angry, and confrontational the whole season make the most of it.

If someone would say happy hannukah, I would reply the same. If someone said happy Ramadan, I would just respond by pulling my gun and doing a quick pat down.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'm not sure you've ever met a liberal. 99.9% of them look down on everyone else as ignorant and uneducated. See it a lot.

If someone said happy Ramadan, I would just respond by pulling my gun and doing a quick pat down

Now that is funny.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm not sure you've ever met a liberal. 99.9% of them look down on everyone else as ignorant and uneducated. See it a lot.

Now that is funny.

We must have the rare passive libs out here....hahaha I just don’t get that vibe. I just go ‘oh....they’re retarded’

Users who are viewing this thread