People saying "Merry Christmas"

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Not sure where you guys are from but here in the south it’s always been merry Christmas.

This! WTF are most of you talking about? Hell from my time here most claim to be non religious but now care whether someone says Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? Most people I know say Merry Christmas, I thought the Happy Holiday thing started to appease the none religious folk, which most of you seem to be?

blk02edge

Established Member
This! WTF are most of you talking about? Hell from my time here most claim to be non religious but now care whether someone says Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? Most people I know say Merry Christmas, I thought the Happy Holiday thing started to appease the none religious folk, which most of you seem to be?
Pretty sure Happy holidays is just what some pussified people started to say when they realised they were scared of religeon and then religeous people got offended and said they were cramming it down their throats (where some of the right wing gets snowflaky) like they say for everything that makes them uncomfortable.

Anyway, life as a non religeous conservative can get pretty funny.

DaleM's reply killed it

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Pretty sure Happy holidays is just what some pussified people started to say when they realised they were scared of religeon and then religeous people got offended and said they were cramming it down their throats (where some of the right wing gets snowflaky) like they say for everything that makes them uncomfortable.

Anyway, life as a non religeous conservative can get pretty funny.

DaleM's reply killed it
Believe it or not, I'm very "religious".

As a Christian, it's very entertaining to watch others who claim to be Christian get all hot and bothered about this sort of thing. It truly shows you the hypocrisy of men.

Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't get all butt hurt about people respecting each other and replacing "Merry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays". I'm even more sure he would be all "Happy Hanukkah" because his birthday was most likely in the summer around July, but I digress.

Getting all upset and screaming things like "If you don't like Merry Christmas then screw you" doesn't exactly fall into the whole "love your neighbor" ideology that Jesus wanted his followers to learn AND practice.

But, many of those are the ones who forget all about that when they hear others calling for tolerance of things they don't agree with.

It's easy for many to be Christian when it suits them.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't get all butt hurt about people respecting each other and replacing "Merry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays". I'm even more sure he would be all "Happy Hanukkah" because his birthday was most likely in the summer around July, but I digress.

Four years ago right around Thanksgiving a hispanic broke into the home of a 97 year old woman and beat her and stabbed her to death. I wonder what Jesus was up to that he couldn't help her. As such, I'm, not concerned how he would react to things. As a Catholic, I don't give a damn anymore.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Four years ago right around Thanksgiving a hispanic broke into the home of a 97 year old woman and beat her and stabbed her to death. I wonder what Jesus was up to that he couldn't help her. As such, I'm, not concerned how he would react to things. As a Catholic, I don't give a damn anymore.
Would it have been acceptable if it was a white?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Would it have been acceptable if it was a white?

Out of the entire post you are fixated on the nationality? Almighty Jesus (whom you give consideration to his thoughts) allowed a 97 year old woman to be beaten and stabbed to death. That woman must have been terrified and where was Jesus? When I hear WWJD, my response is: Who cares.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Out of the entire post you are fixated on the nationality? Almighty Jesus (whom you give consideration to his thoughts) allowed a 97 year old woman to be beaten and stabbed to death. That woman must have been terrified and where was Jesus? When I hear WWJD, my response is: Who cares.
With the most eternal respect to this departed woman, and to you on this Christmas... You have no real comprehension of this faith. I don't offer that in any way as an insult, just an observation. If it is what you were taught somewhere along the way, Catholic or otherwise, it is flat out wrong.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
With the most eternal respect to this departed woman, and to you on this Christmas... You have no real comprehension of this faith. I don't offer that as an insult, just an observation. If it is what you were taught somewhere along the way, Catholic or otherwise, it is flat out wrong.

Wrong about what exactly? On one hand we're supposed to ponder the question about what Jesus would say/do about this holiday but we're not supposed to question when he does nothing about a serious matter?

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Wrong about what exactly? On one hand we're supposed to ponder the question about what Jesus would say/do about this holiday but we're not supposed to question when he does nothing about a serious matter?
Wrong about your expectation that he would physically save this woman.

blk02edge

Established Member
With the most eternal respect to this departed woman, and to you on this Christmas... You have no real comprehension of this faith. I don't offer that in any way as an insult, just an observation. If it is what you were taught somewhere along the way, Catholic or otherwise, it is flat out wrong.
That sentiment you are reading is a trend

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Enough. Start a new thread, actually don’t. Religion gets way out of control here. Consider this a warning.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Wrong about your expectation that he would physically save this woman.

With all due respect to you as well (people can disagree w/o taking it personally, right?) I think you might have taken me quite literally. When one asks what Jesus would say on a stupid matter such as people bickering over how a holiday is expressed, you must question why innocent people end up suffering. Now that doesn't mean I would expect Jesus Christ to appear in the woman's living room but it makes for quite the discourse.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
With all due respect to you as well (people can disagree w/o taking it personally, right?) I think you might have taken me quite literally. When one asks what Jesus would say on a stupid matter such as people bickering over how a holiday is expressed, you must question why innocent people end up suffering. Now that doesn't mean I would expect Jesus Christ to appear in the woman's living room but it makes for quite the discourse.
Cheers. I did mistake your meaning.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Did you see what I just posted above this?

Users who are viewing this thread