people bouncing checks for bassani GP!!!!!!

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
luckily i looked over my bank account to actually see this....

member name: slow03cobra

bounced his check to me for the bassani gp stuff, i now have his items, that i paid for, on their way here to the shop. i also lost 20 buxs for a bounced check fee.
This gentalman did contact me to tell me he needed the pipe sooner then when i could provide and if he can back out.....i told him the money was already deposited, and bassani had the shipment packed on the truck to head out to me......he agreed ok, please send it to my home now, cause the car wont be at the shop anymore, and he would just sell it, and make some money on it....since he paid COST!!!!!!!!!! Well im out the money, plus 20 buxs, and have items on the way to the shop that i dont need and will now have to sit on.....thanks for that.....this is why i dont do these things......last time. Now everyone knows why it takes so long.....i have to wait to make sure i get paid....cause people like to be sneaks, im not screwing anyone, but somehow i did.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LOL... Sounds like another day in the life of a parts distributor... :-D
Kevin @ Wicked said:
luckily i looked over my bank account to actually see this....

member name: slow03cobra

bounced his check to me for the bassani gp stuff, i now have his items, that i paid for, on their way here to the shop. i also lost 20 buxs for a bounced check fee.
This gentalman did contact me to tell me he needed the pipe sooner then when i could provide and if he can back out.....i told him the money was already deposited, and bassani had the shipment packed on the truck to head out to me......he agreed ok, please send it to my home now, cause the car wont be at the shop anymore, and he would just sell it, and make some money on it....since he paid COST!!!!!!!!!! Well im out the money, plus 20 buxs, and have items on the way to the shop that i dont need and will now have to sit on.....thanks for that.....this is why i dont do these things......last time. Now everyone knows why it takes so long.....i have to wait to make sure i get paid....cause people like to be sneaks, im not screwing anyone, but somehow i did.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
ttt.....he even pm'd me today to say yeah i put a stop payment on it.....i knew his story, he bought one cause car was done....but he even called to give me new address to ship to, and said ill sell it and make some loot for myself.....now im out 20 buxs for doing people right. Send me 20 buxs and ill be happy.......

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Maybe you should answer the guy's question posted..WTF did he order? Try being positive and someone will prob buy it pretty fast. But ya gotta tell us what the hell ya have.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
yeah man, dont loose your cool over little things, i knwo its hard to do sometimes, and im not really one to speak about it, but im sure everybody here at SVTP will help you out as much as possible.

i do think he should pay the $20 though.

so what did he order?

cory

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Catback? Midpipe?

What?

I'm sure you could EASILY find another taker and the existing individual would pay the $20. If not, slowly spread it back out across some items $0.50 at a time.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
He now has a Bassani o/r midpipe for those interested.

This guy told me he deposited the money the day I called him and asked him if there was any way he could tear up the check or something cuz I didn't want this thing anymore because it was taking too long (close to two months) and my car was sitting in a shop w/ a brand new motor w/out a midpipe. He said he deposited the money that day, however I waited a week and the money still wasn't taken out of my account so I know he didn't deposit it that day. So I put a stop payment on the check ($30.00 fee for me). So, like I said in the PM I sent him - he's out 20 bucks for not cashing the check when he said he did, and I'm out 30 bucks for getting myself involved in this GP he rounded up a few months back that is just now being carried through. Fair enough?

Anyone who has ever done business w/ me on here (buy/sell/trade) knows I'm not a dishonest guy. I don't screw people over, and I don't back out of deals UNLESS...I know I'm being screwed over or lied to. In this case, I knew he lied about the check being deposited that day when it wasn't taken out of my account a week later. So I decided to just put a stop payment on it, which wouldn't have even been possible if it had already been deposited in his bank. All in all, it's not a big deal. I simply don't like being lied to. Honestly, I should've called and notified him I put a stop payment on the check, but I was a little dissapointed about him lying about the deposit date so I was stubborn and decided not to call. Again, that's my fault (as I told him in the PM I sent him). So there's your other side of the story...

TRBO VNM

Slow03Cobra said:

This guy told me he deposited the money the day I called him and asked him if there was any way he could tear up the check or something cuz I didn't want this thing anymore because it was taking too long (close to two months) and my car was sitting in a shop w/ a brand new motor w/out a midpipe. He said he deposited the money that day, however I waited a week and the money still wasn't taken out of my account so I know he didn't deposit it that day. So I put a stop payment on the check ($30.00 fee for me). So, like I said in the PM I sent him - he's out 20 bucks for not cashing the check when he said he did, and I'm out 30 bucks for getting myself involved in this GP he rounded up a few months back that is just now being carried through. Fair enough?

Anyone who has ever done business w/ me on here (buy/sell/trade) knows I'm not a dishonest guy. I don't screw people over, and I don't back out of deals UNLESS...I know I'm being screwed over or lied to. In this case, I knew he lied about the check being deposited that day when it wasn't taken out of my account a week later. So I decided to just put a stop payment on it, which wouldn't have even been possible if it had already been deposited in his bank. All in all, it's not a big deal. I simply don't like being lied to. Honestly, I should've called and notified him I put a stop payment on the check, but I was a little dissapointed about him lying about the deposit date so I was stubborn and decided not to call. Again, that's my fault (as I told him in the PM I sent him). So there's your other side of the story...

actually, he could have deposited it. without looking at your guys sig's or profiles I assume you are in different states. banks can put holds on the check for well over a week. Which means he won't see the money for that long and it will take longer to come out of your account as well. So 5 days and nothing withdrawn for your account is not surprising and obvisouly it wouldn't have been if you put a stop payment on it the same day he deposited it. I have been dealing with this type of thing lately with my business. even in state checks take 3-5 days to get the money.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Slow03Cobra said:

If you agreed to the GP, you should not have stopped payment regardless of whether he cashed the check or not.

You'd better hope he doesn't sue you for 3 times the value of the check for check fraud.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
flyn high again said:
If you agreed to the GP, you should not have stopped payment regardless of whether he cashed the check or not.

You'd better hope he doesn't sue you for 3 times the value of the check for check fraud.

Very good points.

And Turbo is exactly correct. It can take several days for your check he deposited to show up at your bank. Remember...it is indeed a "contract" for lack of a better term and your check MUST be presented to your bank for payment before your bank will honor it. It is not like an electronic transfer. Only recently have a select few very large banks been allowed by the government to present electronic copies of checks for payment. The processing centers to do this are huge and expensive....thus only a select few banks. It cuts processing time down to 24 hours or less. Otherwise, the checks do indeed need to be sent to your bank for payment.

Most of our supporting vendors here work on very slim margins. They aren't a Summit or Jegs. You're little trick ties up there limited resources and drives up prices for the rest of us.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Slow03Cobra said:
...he's out 20 bucks for not cashing the check when he said he did, and I'm out 30 bucks for getting myself involved in this GP he rounded up a few months back that is just now being carried through. Fair enough?
Not really. Unless the seller guaranteed delivery of your parts by a certain date, he held up his end of the deal and is now left holding the bag. At a minimum, I would suggest you pay the seller's bounced check fee.

If it were me... I'd pay the bounced check fee AND I would buy the parts I committed to purchasing. Then I'd sell the parts and chalk the whole thing up to a learning experience.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Man, if I didnt already have a bassani mid pipe, I would be buying it off you, plus the $20 too. :)

And, GP's sometimes take a while... I mean it was a pretty large order from what Kev told me... Have a little paitence!!! I bugged Kevin alot before I left, hoping it would maybe make it in before I shipped out... He told me the roundabout total for the GP, and I instantly understood why it took awhile to get going... Bassani prolly had to make it all anyhow. :p

Last edited:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Not really. Unless the seller guaranteed delivery of your parts by a certain date, he held up his end of the deal and is now left holding the bag. At a minimum, I would suggest you pay the seller's bounced check fee.

If it were me... I'd pay the bounced check fee AND I would buy the parts I committed to purchasing. Then I'd sell the parts and chalk the whole thing up to a learning experience.
You're right, there was no guarantee of delivery date. That's not what I'm referring to here. There were six business days between the time I talked to him and the date I canceled the check. I happen to know the CEO of Intrust Bank here in my city and I asked him about this situation. He said there's no way it should've taken that long for it to process unless there was some hangup in the system. :shrug: He also said I should've notified him about the check being canceled as well though, in which I agree I'm at fault. I just think it's pretty crappy to lie about a deposit date.

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
Slow03Cobra said:
You're right, there was no guarantee of delivery date. That's not what I'm referring to here. There were six business days between the time I talked to him and the date I canceled the check. I happen to know the CEO of Intrust Bank here in my city and I asked him about this situation. He said there's no way it should've taken that long for it to process unless there was some hangup in the system. :shrug: He also said I should've notified him about the check being canceled as well though, in which I agree I'm at fault. I just think it's pretty crappy to lie about a deposit date.

different states u putz, different states? there is now way it will make through the system that fast. if you think Kevin, who is a stand up guy was screwinig you, why didn't he deposit it right away and tell you to pound salt, you would have a heck of a time chasing him in a different state. No he trusted that your check and word was good and gets screwed over when neither one was worth a crap.

what a dick! :nono:

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
NY04snake said:
different states u putz, different states? there is now way it will make through the system that fast. if you think Kevin, who is a stand up guy was screwinig you, why didn't he deposit it right away and tell you to pound salt, you would have a heck of a time chasing him in a different state. No he trusted that your check and word was good and gets screwed over when neither one was worth a crap.

what a dick! :nono:
I told him it was from a different state; don't make assumptions. I never said Kevin screwed me, did I? No, I said he lied about the deposit date. And I like the name calling - real nice on your part. :nonono:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Slow03Cobra said:
I told him it was from a different state; don't make assumptions. I never said Kevin screwed me, did I? No, I said he lied about the deposit date. And I like the name calling - real nice on your part. :nonono:
Read TRBO VNM's post above. The point being that Kevin could very well have told you the truth. I wouldn't be so quick to say that he lied. I think the best thing to do in this case is communicate directly with Kevin by phone and get it worked out. Rather than for this to become another thread where people start throwing accusations at each other. JMO.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
CobraBob said:
...the best thing to do in this case is communicate directly with Kevin by phone and get it worked out...
+1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread