people bouncing checks for bassani GP!!!!!!

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
update here.....his response to me is this..... as quoted sent in a PM today.......

"Well, it cost me thirty dollars to have the stop payment put on the check you said was already deposited that day - which it wasn't cuz it wasn't taken out of the account a week later. So we're even."

i deposited all the checks and money orders after a shipping confirmation was given to me by bassani, and yes it was deposited in my account when i spoke with you....i have no reason to lie.....if the order wasnt concrete why would i want your money....i would have gladly have ripped the check up and saved ya the loot, the time, and the hassel of unloading an extra pipe. But we even joked about how you could sell it and make money cause you paid COST....thats the kicker, it cost me 20 buxs now to deal with you and your sly way of beating me out. Why would you pay 30 buxs your self when you could have made 75 buxs on the pipe for what they normally go for????? thats the question....instead loose 30 yourself, and beat me outta 20...go figure....
My bank took a week to deposit all that money, then after it bounced it took almost a week and half before it showed it returned.....like i said good thing i saw it returned because i woulda sent ya that pipe not knowing you bounced it.....AND I BET YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER TOLD ME AND KEPT IT!!!!!!! :loser:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Slow03Cobra, at the very least, you owe Kevin $20. The fact that you spent $30 on a stop payment is your own choice.

Why didn't you contact Kevin instead and ask him if he could do you a HUGE favor and let you out of the GP and tear up your check. That would have saved you $30 and him $20. Sounds to me from reading his posts that he is a decent guy and would have done that even though he would have been 100% right if he cashed your check and sent you the pipe anyways or being unable to cash the check because of the stop payment, he sued you for 3 times the value plus legal fees. As Shelby Guy mentioned, a check is a legal contract. You can't just back out of it because you found a pipe somewhere else faster. If this was a court of law you would lose... and the audience would boo you.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
flyn high again said:
Why didn't you contact Kevin instead and ask him if he could...let you out of the GP...
He did ask to get out, and was told it was too late...

Kevin:

This gentleman did contact me to tell me...if he can back out.....
I told him the money was already deposited...
He agreed ok, please send it to my home now...
Slow03 assumes Kevin lied about depositing the money and stops payment on the check without telling Kevin...

Slow03Cobra:

I waited a week...
the money still wasn't taken out of my account...
I know he didn't deposit it...So I put a stop payment on the check...
The check bounces, and Kevin is charged $20.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I see both sides.....I remember seeing soooo many posts for the bassani GP and
when will my parts arrive,,etc....I can understand both sides. IMO both sides take
risks getting involved in GP's.

JMD0346

Established Member
All you have to do is get the check back and it will show the date of deposit. I assume you do get your checks back. Im not sure of this but... If the check was considered "bad" that would mean the check was already deposited in Kevins bank before you stopped payment. If it wasnt then it would show as a stopped payment and he wouldnt have had to pay 20 bux. I could be wrong though. Banking is very confusing to the lay person. I have a business account too and its hard to keep up with sometimes. Mine would have paid him even if the money wasnt there though.

Brad

Banned
Kevin @ Wicked said:
luckily i looked over my bank account to actually see this....

member name: slow03cobra

bounced his check to me for the bassani gp stuff, i now have his items, that i paid for, on their way here to the shop. i also lost 20 buxs for a bounced check fee.
This gentalman did contact me to tell me he needed the pipe sooner then when i could provide and if he can back out.....i told him the money was already deposited, and bassani had the shipment packed on the truck to head out to me......he agreed ok, please send it to my home now, cause the car wont be at the shop anymore, and he would just sell it, and make some money on it....since he paid COST!!!!!!!!!! Well im out the money, plus 20 buxs, and have items on the way to the shop that i dont need and will now have to sit on.....thanks for that.....this is why i dont do these things......last time. Now everyone knows why it takes so long.....i have to wait to make sure i get paid....cause people like to be sneaks, im not screwing anyone, but somehow i did.

Yeah you can't trust people you don't know... that goes for both sides... one word escrow!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread