Paxton, E85 5.0 vs Mclaren MP4-12C

termipowa

Established Member
03 redfire I'm not sure I literally pulled this axel from my 03 gt with full bolt ons aluminum flywheel and driveshaft 4.10 gears, 150 shot wouldn't spin from 60 I scratch my head daily.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I would say OP your just not a good story teller. Just because you see a Mclaren of any make doesn't mean the guys going to race or if you honk three times he knows what that means. Most people with a car like that wouldn't be game to jump on it at the drop of a hat to some 5.0 who runs up on them over revering at 50 mph if that was even the speed it was cruising at since generally it's 55-65. If I was putting along the freeway at 70 which in California is cruisng speed and some guy dropped it down to 2nd at 50 and tried to hink it off they would be honking it off to a car 10 cars behind me. Not to mention if I was driving a Mclaren and had a dime for everyone who tried to race it, it would likely pay for itself. Enough space to actually go 120-150 all that just happened to be there, right.

I never said I didn't know the guy. He usually brings out his 458 or Murcialago(sp?). He just got the McLaren a couple months ago and this was his first time at the meets with it. He is always down for a run. The race happened at about 11:30 at night and we could have gone well over 150mph with the room we had(close to a mile between cars). So believe whatever you want, I have already posted a vid of me dragging an Aventador FROM A DIG, down a runway and I can post vids of me dragging modded 750cc rockets and running next to 1000cc rockets and FBO, E85 GTRs. I couldn't care less if you believe me or not.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
The cobra is very nose heavy,Try some adj. struts & shocks

The k-member will def. help get the front/rear closer together
Adj. shocks/struts are a tremendous help though

03 redfire I'm not sure I literally pulled this axel from my 03 gt with full bolt ons aluminum flywheel and driveshaft 4.10 gears, 150 shot wouldn't spin from 60 I scratch my head daily.

Last edited:

SD_Stang

Established Member
Trueblue that makes more sense than your original post, not doubting your car is fast just saying you pulled up to a Mclaren and honked it off and you ran seemed random.

19935.slow

Established Member
I would say OP your just not a good story teller. Just because you see a Mclaren of any make doesn't mean the guys going to race or if you honk three times he knows what that means. Most people with a car like that wouldn't be game to jump on it at the drop of a hat to some 5.0 who runs up on them over revering at 50 mph if that was even the speed it was cruising at since generally it's 55-65. If I was putting along the freeway at 70 which in California is cruisng speed and some guy dropped it down to 2nd at 50 and tried to hink it off they would be honking it off to a car 10 cars behind me. Not to mention if I was driving a Mclaren and had a dime for everyone who tried to race it, it would likely pay for itself. Enough space to actually go 120-150 all that just happened to be there, right.

What was the weather like that day?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
OP needs to get cut outs made of the insane cars he beats and put them on the door like an old fighter jet. That would be awesome. Congrats on beating a supercar!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP needs to get cut outs made of the insane cars he beats and put them on the door like an old fighter jet. That would be awesome. Congrats on beating a supercar!

haha, that would be funny. Maybe once I build the motor and go twins. I dont want to start talking to much trash just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread