Paxton, E85 5.0 vs Mclaren MP4-12C

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Short and sweet.

Brand new MP4-12C(or whatever they are called) on the highway. I pull up to him and drop it into 2nd at 50mph. I honk it off and were gone. By 140ish I had about 2-2.5 cars on him. After the race we pulled over and he was blown away that a mustang had just beat him. So far I have an Aventador on my list of supercars I have beat, now I can add a McLaren to that list. Made my whole day worth it.

intermatic

Established Member
Hell yea! Awesome kill man! Your car sounds like a monster.
Glad he was a cool guy about the whole thing. Let's get some numbers on your car.

termipowa

Established Member
Do doubt your car is bad but vid or it didn't happen a 13' mp12c goes 0-124 in almost 8sec flat on un prepped road. Car shift is virtually perfect every time. Just can't see you beating him to that high of a mph with is aerodynamic efficiency.

19935.slow

Established Member
They run mid ish 10's in the low 130's. Which is awesome for a stock car, but that doesn't mean it is unbeatable.

termipowa

Established Member
I'm not saying its unbeatable by no means its not a ugr lambo that mid 10 you speak of is on street tires and not drag radials though. what I'm saying is that thing should be moving out the same on the street as at the track just doesn't seem feasible a mustang with the sort of power on the street usually has traction issues even from 50. Hell my weak ass 500whp breaks loose at 50 with 315 r888 and a solid axle

Whippled3v

Established Member
I'm not saying its unbeatable by no means its not a ugr lambo that mid 10 you speak of is on street tires and not drag radials though. what I'm saying is that thing should be moving out the same on the street as at the track just doesn't seem feasible a mustang with the sort of power on the street usually has traction issues even from 50. Hell my weak ass 500whp breaks loose at 50 with 315 r888 and a solid axle

My TT coyote is fully hooking up in a 2nd gear kick down with ~700-750 whp on 305 MT ET streets on a 19" wheel, I have no doubt the story is true.

Awesome kill OP, jealous as hell you had an encounter like this!

termipowa

Established Member
Lol your profile even says you ran 11.5 at 130 only 98 1/8 still not seeing the win here but I'll leave you guys alone.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Your car still at 7 psi love to see a dyno sheet of 750whp at 7.5psi

Lol I'm not going to get into an argument with some chump that feels the need to post on people's kill thread and second guess their believable story, only dyno #'s as of now are 850 at 13 psi. It's at 7.5-8ish psi on 11.5:1 built motor and e85. That's why I said ~700-750 just for people like you, 750 is an educated guess by the previous owner that knows the car much better than you. Driving the car compared to my 550whp 3v, I'll tell you it's every bit of 700. Think what you want.

termipowa

Established Member
Lol some chump as I thought another e warrior I never said anything demeaning of derogative about you just was putting common sense into effect his posted time is 11.5 a mp12c runs 10s at 133-135 car has no traction issues above second with his 2.0 60 ft at the track he obviously isn't magically going to hook on the street. Think what you want I'm no fool.

termipowa

Established Member
Also there's always claimed hp with no dyno sheet or estimated as you call it. there is a very big difference between 13 psi and 7 but like I said before I'm sure both of your cars are very fast I'm not knocking either of you. Just putting my 2 cents in cause its my constitutional right

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Also there's always claimed hp with no dyno sheet or estimated as you call it. there is a very big difference between 13 psi and 7 but like I said before I'm sure both of your cars are very fast I'm not knocking either of you. Just putting my 2 cents in cause its my constitutional right

Ok, here we go...

The time listed on this forum is old. The car has gone [email protected] in 8,100' DA(Bandimere Speedway) on the stock converter(thus the terrible 60', not due to lack of traction). The car dynos at 750whp SAE corrected and 610whp uncorrected(at elevation) at 10psi on E85. My car has 0 traction issues and hooks up just fine from any 2nd gear roll. I am running a 325 MT ET Street DR out back. In June I went to a half mile even. On my 20" wheels I drug an Aventador, from a dig, having to get out of it in 2nd gear due to blowing the tires off. Here is a video...

[youtube_browser]-1kaQPPJLKY&list[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
imagejpg1-30.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread