Paxton Build!

Jday14

Established Member
Just read the entire thread great write up thanks for taking the time to post the pics! That thing is no longer a fiveslow lol it's going to be a beast!

FiveSlow

Established Member
Just read the entire thread great write up thanks for taking the time to post the pics! That thing is no longer a fiveslow lol it's going to be a beast!

Thanks! More pics coming, just got back from vacation so I can continue where I left off. :)

FiveSlow

Established Member
Just a quick update. Nothing special. Since I've gotten back from vacation I sorted out the 2 issues I had. One of which I had to pull the blower to fix a silly mistake I made but it set me back about 4 hours. That was a pain to say the least. Anyway that's fixed along with the coolant leak. After the first startup I noticed right away a steady drip. Sourced it to the main output on the lower overflow tank. I didn't feel like spending a ton of money on a little aftermarket tank unless I absolutely needed it. Found out that stock fitting that comes with the kit does not hold the tube tight enough to the bottom of the tank. Resulting in a steady leak. I used 2 of the little worm clams that were unused to fix it. No more leaks although I can't drive it yet.

Bumper is trimmed, still need to add my new grills and put it back on. Put fresh oil in the car.
Working on pulling cats off the car so I can do my clutch line, whiteline mount, and Barton 2 post bracket. Along with my dss one piece. If I can knock this all out by this weekend than by the following weekend I can begun to log and get my bumper and gauges installed. It looks like I'm still about 2-3 weeks out.

FiveSlow

Established Member
keep on trucking

Yes sir it's been fun so far, lots of learning. Today I got the cat deletes mounted and the driveshaft unbolted. I ran out of time but I couldn't pull it out. I probably have to knock one of the ends to free it. Also noticed today that some oil is coming from my drivers side axle tube where it connects to the pumpkin. Guess I'll have to get them welded before I get on it hard! No idea when that started leaking?!

FiveSlow

Established Member
Ok guys I've got a quick question! For those with a boost line tapped into the brake booster. What size fitting did you use?

FiveSlow

Established Member
Quick update. Barton 2 post on. Cat deletes on. Modded white line bushing in. BMR lca's greased and on the car. Getting closer, this week hopefully I can do some logging. It's coming together!

FiveSlow

Established Member
E14CCEC1-E03B-4BB5-B573-83EE5DE9D1D8_zps7kcygd88.jpg

Decided this will reduce any energy transfer by at least 60% without reducing it's effectiveness. Easy mod.

00D941E3-077A-4006-A072-4F32C818989A_zpsrbotdlz8.jpg

Huge difference in everything. Can't wait to drive it!

AF98609D-890A-4394-844D-00C2BA020C18_zpsfpkppkw7.jpg

At ride height the space measures 3 3/4 which is the maximum gap so it shouldn't be ok.

C8BB25FF-090A-4B35-9B73-416583005BBD_zpsxrgesccv.jpg

This should help a little..

605511AF-12CF-490B-8B3A-19605B4E7E54_zpsgjedpkht.jpg

Driveshaft loop. Cheapest and lightest option. Win win.

37214FD7-9213-4651-894A-0E3141F40AAE_zpskqkziwku.jpg

1AE66E64-2C24-43F3-B40A-966B4E8B42B7_zpslpofagon.jpg

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
What made you not install forged pistons and rods?

A few reasons. Funds #1, running less than 10psi max boost. Mostly stock fuel system. Stock mt82. If I could build the motor I would have. That can wait until next winter. The car has 20k on the clock so a basic blower setup with full supporting mods was the idea.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah five-fast your gonna love your car when your done , even the stock coyote loves boost .. Forged is nice insurance but its expensive as well. So long as you stay in the 625-650 rw hp you will be fine..unless you go e-85... Lol...

FiveSlow

Established Member
I don't think it will be much above 600. Stock intake, headers, cams, throttle body, 3.8 pulley, ect. I'd like a little over 600 for now. Man I wish I had your mod list lol good lord. What kinda of times are you running? Any vids or pictures of it?!

FiveSlow

Established Member
Been working on getting it tuned remotely and I just did a pull to 7299 according to my data log...Anyone who does not buy one of these from beefcake is crazy. Also those of you running more power and turbo set-ups 700+ are INSANE. lol I'm still shaking.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Been working on getting it tuned remotely and I just did a pull to 7299 according to my data log...Anyone who does not buy one of these from beefcake is crazy. Also those of you running more power and turbo set-ups 700+ are INSANE. lol I'm still shaking.

LOL.

badass man!

Beef first time I rode in a 1100hp car I though I went warp speed. TT 03 cobra, when 20 something pounds of boost hit it was like a smack in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread