Paxton Build!

FiveSlow

Established Member
Paxton Build! Pics inside!

Well if you don't already know it I'm in the process of tearing my car apart for billet oil pump gears and my Paxton blower. I have a long way to go still, I started yesterday and wrenched for about 8 hours. I went to page 17 on the Paxton install which is mostly removing things. Then I switched over to my oil pump removal. I got the engine cover off yesterday and called it quits. All my seals are arriving later this week anyway. I'm taking my time cleaning everything you can think of and adding protectant to paint..so it's taking much longer than a normal tear down. I'm picky, I want it spotless.

Here are a few pictures of where I left off and a teaser shot of my freshly dipped Novi 2200. :beer: I'll update this thread as I progress. I have tons of other bolt-ons going on the car as well. Cheers

065F56DE-4F81-46FE-AD50-2825603D92B3_zpsygcvseiq.jpg

2C5DB03C-7344-4BEE-99D4-F12421F2F54B_zpssdqts55b.jpg

75A42548-36D4-47B4-9DC7-DB390EA9555B_zpsyayuj3sk.jpg

Last edited:

cb900f

Established Member
Looks good man! Is that Plasti-dip you did the blower with? I like the look, will the heat not mess up the plasti-dip?

FiveSlow

Established Member
Thanks buddy! Yeah it's plasti dip, the stuff is amazing. I dipped all my charge pipes, I'm going to dip the coil pack covers black as well. The temp won't be an issue.

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Looking forward to getting together soon. Looks good man.:beer:

You bet! This upcoming weekend I'm going to try and get another 20 hours into it. I would like to get it running next Saturday night. If not it's going to have to wait another 2 weeks because the following weekend I'm going on vacation. Maybe if my seals come soon enough I can get a head start on the weekend later this week. Everything depends on parts arrival.

Either way I'll be finishing it up just in time for warm enough air to do the loging and tuning. :rockon:

FiveSlow

Established Member
For anyone doing this install or planning it, I'll share any snag I run into so other people don't make the same mistake.

First snag. Page 17 2.A in Paxton PDF. Remove wire harness from front engine cover. Take note that the push style pin that loops over the harness is in a hole you will be using later.. I read the part to remove it.. Went to pull it out.. SNAP! Part of the plastic broke off. I was like no big deal then read the part to be careful because the hole is used later. :bash: 'im guessing for the blower bracket. It's not a huge deal because while the engine cover is off I can try and figure out how to drill it out or something without damaging the threads..:nonono:

Wire harness push pin location. Be careful.

af3970e7-7975-48f7-9db2-c1bdfd1ec8e7_zpsf535f09c.png

Hole position, used for later.

e89d257d-7bb8-44ba-8980-69d39c1638af_zps393baa60.jpg

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
You're like me, I literally re-polish blots, nuts and parts before reattaching them. Who's doing the tune?

FiveSlow

Established Member
You're like me, I literally re-polish blots, nuts and parts before reattaching them. Who's doing the tune?

Haha yes sir. It's a 2011 so some things need attention. :beer:

Already have Lund racing set up for the remote tuning.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Same thing happened with the plastic push pin on my install.

Damn! How'd you get it out.. If I would of went one sentence further I would have cut it off the harness and just screwed it out. I didn't realize it was a threaded hole used later :shrug:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Looking good man. I used engine block semi gloss paint to paint my Paxton and pipes. Looks perfect and is rated at 500*. I'm not sure how the plasti dip will hold up to the heat. During the summer the Paxton will get to hot to touch. The paint I used is still perfect after 1300 miles on the car. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Here is mine:
BlackPaxton_zpsb49aa62d.jpg

67863_645712515485574_1679270372_n-Copy_zpseac75907.jpg

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Yours came out nice and clean! Looks awesome! I would of done that but I didn't want it to be permanent. Here's some info on plasti dip. Keep in mind my car has a 160* tstat with fan kicking on around 170.

Will Plasti Dip® hold up to heat and racing?
Plasti Dip® can resist up to 200°F, and has been known to handle the heat and abuse produced at racing or rally car events. However, heat resistance really depends on how long Plasti Dip is exposed to that heat, and how you expect the coating to perform in that heat. In general, if the coating will not be subject to impacts, nor is it expected to resist abrasion or chemicals, and if it's just for a short amount of time, most Plasti Dip surfaces would be able to handle temperatures outside the listed range.

With that being said the blower is tucked safely in the engine bay, they are mostly talking about wheels staying chip resistant at those temps. It's been tested over 300*f without a hitch. :)

Users who are viewing this thread