Paxton Build!

FiveSlow

Established Member
I plan on it, I've already far exceeded the budget I had in mind lol I have to much to do already. I'll save that for another project. It doesn't look that bad until you put it next to ones that's lowered.

Today I got another hour chipped away. Timing all marked, chains/guides out, all oil pump bolts out except the last one on the bottom.. It's hard to get to and I was running out of time so called it quits. It's really really hard to get to lol. Even with a ratcheting tilting 10mm combo wrench. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get that out, any tips?! I only had an hour so I didn't get much time figure it.

Tomorrow I plan to get another hour in on it. All my seals shipped today so I'd like to get to a point that when they come this week I can start putting it back together right away..to get a jump on the weekend. Been working 12 hour days so it's hard to find time during the week with 2 hours of driving. I'm beat.

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Oil pump is out! MMR billet gears going in! Seals come tomorrow for my engine cover/crank.

98133FC0-0335-4903-A3B7-D7D6601B3AED_zpsed1mg373.jpg

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
Update. Oil pump is back on the car and timing is set. Everything torqued to spec. Cleaned up old silicone off said spots and removed old seals. Fed ex needs to drop off my new seals today. Tomorrow my goal is to get the engine cover back on, valve covers, and the other bits I took off, water pump ect. Putting in a 160* tstat as well. Then I'm on to step 18 on the blower install. Hopefully I can make some good progress. I plan to put in 10-12 hours if my body lets me....and the gf. Lol

Cheers!

numbnutz

Established Member
If your 5.0 is not your DD, take your time. God knows it will be awhile before we start getting nice weather consistently.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Nope it's a weekend warrior. I have a Cruze Eco that I dd 40+mpg ftw lol

Last edited:

FiveSlow

Established Member
You're probably right! I'm thinking about the Lucius stuff to. I want the car tuned on 93 but I was thinking of stocking up on a little booster to splash in every tank. It couldn't hurt?!

Got a bit further, 160* tstat installed, colder plugs in aswell. It's looking like an engine again lol

4DCDA4D1-AF40-4453-8BF6-AC48AE821A24_zpsnnypmtk1.jpg

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member

I use it and love it! My car has paxton too and tuner after looking at my logs locked down the timing because my car was always trying to add it! Never see knock even on heat soaked days at the track car was getting up to 19 degrees of timing now it is locked to 17. Give the number a call and talk to Brian he will give you all the info.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I use it and love it! My car has paxton too and tuner after looking at my logs locked down the timing because my car was always trying to add it! Never see knock even on heat soaked days at the track car was getting up to 19 degrees of timing now it is locked to 17. Give the number a call and talk to Brian he will give you all the info.

good info,

FiveSlow

Established Member
What do I use to cap the line comming out of the blower for the oil feed? I don't want to tap my oil pan, that's crazy. Never seen anyone talk about that. Plus mine came with the oil because I thought these were self contained?! I didn't read to far ahead but saw the part about the oil pan and realized my blower has a line comeong out of it. Any input?

phil h

Established Member
The line you are probably seeing is the drain line for the blower. If they sent oil you probably have the correct blower.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As long as you got the SL2200 then you are good to go and do not need to tap the oil pan. If you got the HO then it needs to be tapped. The end of your braided line should have a bleeder on it if it is the SL2200.

FiveSlow

Established Member
Yeah it's the bleeder line didn't realize. Did you guys just tuck it away? Blower is mounted, belt is on, and the throttle body.. I skipped the PVC system for now because I have a morso catch can and I need to figure out where I'm going to mount it .. and how to run the lines.. Never doing this before so it's taking me longer because I'm learning as I progress. I'm almost there though. Last weekend I only did about 2 hours but I've been finding time durning the week. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get the ic mounted, charge pipes, dip my coil covers, and the bap + injectors.

BV600

Established Member
Report back in a couple thousand miles, Id like to know how the plastidip holds up on the blower

Users who are viewing this thread