Panhard bars? All the same?

bullet3z

Established Member
Looking to lower the car and want to do the panhard bar at the same time. While looking around I see there are several different brands and the prices vary. So my question is, are all panhard bars the same? Or, is one better than the other?

I was looking at the Steeda bar since they are on sale this week. But I want to make sure I get the right one the first time.

TEG-84

Established Member
Depends on how low you are going. I would recommend BMR over steeda as I'm lowered and bought the Steeda PHB and Brace and when going over a bump BAMF the bar hits the brace. Only reason I haven't replaced it yet as I am patiently waiting on the BMR Watts Link.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I recommend one that's easily adjustable. I have a Hotchkis panhard bar and it is just about impossible to get a wrench on the passenger side jam nut. The BMR panhard bar has the adjustment point near the middle of the bar which is nice.

BMR Tech

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-adj-panhard-0512.html
Is this the bar BMR bar that you are talking about?

I am looking to get the Steeda Sport springs so 1' in the front and less than 1.5" in the rear. Looking to order everything this week so I am trying to find what is the best for me. I want more of a street/track day setting for my 13.

That would be the one.

That exact part (PHR006) is likely more common than all the other panhard bars combined. It is a great piece, and very popular due to the quality, design, price and customer support.

Enjoy your BMR Suspension. ;)

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
The adjustment is key for a great panhard bar. Also, bushing and the material the bar is used. Their are some out there that you can legit bend while holding it or while on the car. I know ours uses a tapered design to keep the integrity solid throughout the bar with also eliminated more deflection. Easy adjustment screw with grease-point poly bushings on the end.

The ONLY other panhard bar I trust and use is BMR.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I have a Steeda and was going to replace it with BMR since I can't adjust the Steeda on the car that easily. However I am just waiting for the BMR watt's link.

bullet3z

Established Member
That would be the one.

That exact part (PHR006) is likely more common than all the other panhard bars combined. It is a great piece, and very popular due to the quality, design, price and customer support.

Enjoy your BMR Suspension. ;)

Thanks for the info and the help. By any chance are you going to be doing a 4th of July sale this year?

BMR Tech

Thanks for the info and the help. By any chance are you going to be doing a 4th of July sale this year?

As of right now, it is not looking like we will be having a sale for July 4th.

If that changes, I will be sure to give you a heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread