Paintless Dent Repair - Amazing Results

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
had no idea that was even remotely possible. I was under the impression it had to be a nice rounded dent - no wrinkles or anything.

wonder what they charged on that one
Way less than 41K,.................& whatever the cost was, it was worth it..

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Jeez, I think most dealerships have a PDR dude in their body shop, or team with local shop.

Dealership not too far away got hit with hail twice within the past year. Kept the local body shop super busy.
When i worked at a dealership our body shop did not have a pdr guy...but we had 2 pdr guys on speed dial...they did really nice work

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Body shops can be ridiculous with the repair quotes. I got run off the road in my Mustang back in the day and they were going to pay like $200 each to send 2 of my 99 Cobra wheels out for repair. At the time they were still widely available so I got 2 brand new Cobra wheels from CJ Pony Parts for $89 each. When I saw that, I started going over the quote with a fine-tooth comb. I ended up coming in way under the quote they gave my insurance by sourcing new parts myself. I ended up not paying my deductible and getting an $800 check from the body shop. Lol
I got what was quoted to be $3,000 in hail damage on my truck a few years back. I didn't even mess with insurance. I just bought the $60 dent removal kit from Eastwood and did it myself. Not perfect, but pretty good.

Dude, you'd have a heart attack if you saw prices for repair now. I just got back into body estimating with another shop. I started out with estimating back in 2014 after the military but had been out of it for about 5 years or so. What I'm finding is that the minimum for a repair is probably going to be around $2-3k. Of course it can be cheaper but there is so much additional standards and requirements like recalibrations and pre and post scans that were just catching on when I left body repair before. I just finished a Kia EV6 that I guess hit a dog and had damage to the L front that didn't even damage the hood but did break the core support. My final supplement was over $14k and I have multiple other cars well over $10k in repairs. My average RO is probably around $7-8k.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Dude, you'd have a heart attack if you saw prices for repair now. I just got back into body estimating with another shop. I started out with estimating back in 2014 after the military but had been out of it for about 5 years or so. What I'm finding is that the minimum for a repair is probably going to be around $2-3k. Of course it can be cheaper but there is so much additional standards and requirements like recalibrations and pre and post scans that were just catching on when I left body repair before. I just finished a Kia EV6 that I guess hit a dog and had damage to the L front that didn't even damage the hood but did break the core support. My final supplement was over $14k and I have multiple other cars well over $10k in repairs. My average RO is probably around $7-8k.
Estimate on my 15 f150 was 11k for a damn deer that didnt bend anyting other that the R front panel, and both door skins...ok ok, R headlight and a washer res too...but literally only skins and paint

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I remembered that I have CCC on my phone so I can pull ROs and files. I thought it was over $14k at this point but it is slightly under. If I was estimating it from the very beginning I probably would have said $4-5k which is why you don't want to give a price up front! You just never know.

Screenshot_20230930_210423_CCC ONE.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_210833_CCC ONE.jpg

ajaf1656

Established Member
I remembered that I have CCC on my phone so I can pull ROs and files. I thought it was over $14k at this point but it is slightly under. If I was estimating it from the very beginning I probably would have said $4-5k which is why you don't want to give a price up front! You just never know.

View attachment 1811561View attachment 1811562
How is that $11k in parts? Should I be yanking headlights at the pick and pull? Lol

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
How is that $11k in parts? Should I be yanking headlights at the pick and pull? Lol

Yes, lol. I took this RO over as I started 2 weeks ago and the estimator I replaced moved out of state. I just looked at the RO to see the parts cost and it doesn't really add up from what I can see here, but I can tell it isn't the whole estimate so there has to be more.

This thing had tons of little brackets and sensors that I had to track down, but what is contributing to the massive parts price is the wiring which our shop had to sublet out to in order to fix. The engine harness and front cover harness had to be replaced which was probably $4k roughly altogether.

The company we sublet to is super intriguing. They specialize in everything wiring and recalibrations with all the new stuff on the market and they are one of the only Rivian repair facilities in the state. I wish I had photos of their facility but they basically dabble in everything and looks like a huge playground for gearheads. I noticed right when I started that there was a Raptor R out front of their shop and I was informed that it was the owners. Their shop is every man's dream.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a guy who is really good. I have done some myself. depends on the dent, but some you can do and it's not that hard. just takes patience.
Patience is the most important part but the correct tools are next, they may look like a back alley abortion tool kit but they are highly specialized and irreplacable. I have taken a few fender dings out with a piece of a wooden dowel and the handle of a screwdriver with passable results. Anything outside of a fully accessible body panel and youre going to have to see somebody.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

^That explains exactly why northern body shops won't touch rust repair anymore. Way too much money in collision repair.

Yes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've heard stories from my good detailer friend about local PDRs, but the guy in the video, Travis, is truly an ARTIST!!! Amazing work!

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
Patience is the most important part but the correct tools are next, they may look like a back alley abortion tool kit but they are highly specialized and irreplacable. I have taken a few fender dings out with a piece of a wooden dowel and the handle of a screwdriver with passable results. Anything outside of a fully accessible body panel and youre going to have to see somebody.
I have the specialty tool to use on the outside of the car. I don't have nor am I trained in using the rods they use on the inside of the panels.

Users who are viewing this thread