Pacquiao vs Cotto

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Lol @ "boxing is far supieror than MMA" okay first of all +1 on the groupie posers. But to say its supieror is retarded.. Boxers wont last in a cage and everyone knows it its been proven before over and over.... Of course boxers have great punches and movement they only train 2d... 1 type of style over and over, with there hands over and over... now ask a boxer to kick... shoot..sprawl... guard... they'd look like a monkey ****ing a football...

Put a boxer in a cage and his arms will be flaying like a highschool fight... because hes not going to know what to do when somone grabs him and hipthrows him like a red headed step child. But regardless... boxing is a way more easier sport to watch... as u dont have to worry about idiots hump each other cause they dont know jack shit on the ground...

Anyway +1 for Pacman!

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
Lol @ "boxing is far supieror than MMA" okay first of all +1 on the groupie posers. But to say its supieror is retarded.. Boxers wont last in a cage and everyone knows it its been proven before over and over.... Of course boxers have great punches and movement they only train 2d... 1 type of style over and over, with there hands over and over... now ask a boxer to kick... shoot..sprawl... guard... they'd look like a monkey ****ing a football...

Put a boxer in a cage and his arms will be flaying like a highschool fight... because hes not going to know what to do when somone grabs him and hipthrows him like a red headed step child. But regardless... boxing is a way more easier sport to watch... as u dont have to worry about idiots hump each other cause they dont know jack shit on the ground...

Anyway +1 for Pacman!

I wouldn't want to hump a guy for a measly thousand dollars either,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at MMA PAY.:rollseyes

Mayweather got fined 600,000 thousand dollars in his previous fight and didn't give a shit. What MMA badboy can do that?

Last edited:

choco

Established Member
What is Floyd afraid of? He has fought much better opponents and recently just manhandled a guy that arguably beat Pacquio!

Pacquio is a good fighter don't get me wrong. But he beat a very dehydrated De La Hoya as well past his prime and a overly hyped Ricky Hatton. For those of you who do not believe what dehydration can do to you after losing so much weight in a short amount of time(Oscar has not fought at that weight in more than 10 years), look at what happened to Roy Jones after he left heavyweight. He was K'd the phuck out!

Cotto is going to put a beaten on this dude. Just as Floyd did to Marquez. Two true welterweights in their primes, fighting much smaller opponents. Granted they may weigh nearly the same come fight night, but that doesn't tell the whole story! Is Pacquio body able to adapt to that weight considering he's a smaller dude(look at Floyd vs Marquez nearly identical weight, but the difference in size was very apparent!).

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
I wouldn't want to hump a guy for a measly thousand dollars either,

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at MMA PAY.:rollseyes

Mayweather got fined 600,000 thousand dollars in his previous fight and didn't give a shit. What MMA badboy can do that?

+1 on MMA pay.. it sucks, but these guys are fighters...there doing something they love not to pay the bills. All fighters start amateur fighting amature fights, UFC, WEC, THROWDOWN etc pick them up and offer them a shitty contract... Why not do what u love to do and get paid. When you start out and want to compete you have to actually pay. But if your into watching people do a sport knowing they get paid million dollar contracts watch NFL... Mean time watching guys evolve the word Martial Arts beats anything. Anderson silva called Mayweather out in MMA fight. Mayweather has yet to respond. He even asked dana white make 1 UFC fight boxing rules only.. But dana white being the money hungrey dipshit he is said "no".

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
+1 on MMA pay.. it sucks, but these guys are fighters...there doing something they love not to pay the bills. All fighters start amateur fighting amature fights, UFC, WEC, THROWDOWN etc pick them up and offer them a shitty contract... Why not do what u love to do and get paid. When you start out and want to compete you have to actually pay. But if your into watching people do a sport knowing they get paid million dollar contracts watch NFL... Mean time watching guys evolve the word Martial Arts beats anything. Anderson silva called Mayweather out in MMA fight. Mayweather has yet to respond. He even asked dana white make 1 UFC fight boxing rules only.. But dana white being the money hungrey dipshit he is said "no".

x1billion

by the way and for the record I love all types of fighting just prefer boxing and HATE Mayweather until he fights some real opponents or just plain calls out and fights real brawlers who fight to fight not for PPV buys.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Anderson silva called Mayweather out in MMA fight. Mayweather has yet to respond. He even asked dana white make 1 UFC fight boxing rules only.. But dana white being the money hungrey dipshit he is said "no".

Couple things...

1. The most Mayweather has ever fought at is 154 and spent most of his career at 147. Silva fights at 185. Not really a fair fight.

2. You're confusing Mayweather with Roy Jones Jr, who, save for one instance, fights at 175. RJJ is still a badass, but he is way past his prime.

Wikipedia said:
Following his win over Dan Henderson, in an interview with MMA Weekly, Anderson Silva's manager stated: "Anderson would love to fight Roy Jones Jr. in a boxing match up under boxing rules to prove that MMA fighters are technical, too." UFC president, Dana White, later expressed that he would use his veto power to stop such a match from taking place. Anderson, however, has commented: "After my contract with the UFC is finished, I will set up the fight with Jones Jr. The fight has already been permitted by Jones himself." In April 2009, Jones himself confirmed he is still interested in fighting Silva: "I'm going to try and make it happen. He's saying he wants to fight me, so, OK, I'm ready. Let's brawl." Roy Jones Jr. was in attendance at UFC 101.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Im going with Pac Man on this one, even though I don't watch boxing as much as I used to.

choco

Established Member

Anyway +1 for Pacman!

Boxing is superior to MMA. Despite what others may tell you, you can only truly master one form of martial arts! Granted, you might study BJJ, Tai Boxing, Wrestling and Western Boxing, but to employ all of these in the ring simultaneously(your mind won't comprehend under intense situations) is absurd!

Look at the average MMA fight. In order to survive in the ring, you must have a strict stand up game. That's why 80% of wins come in the form of a KO! Most of Chuck Liddels and Spiderman Silva wins come from standup game. Now, I am not implying that having a good/well rounded ground game is useless because it is not, but.....a standup game is more beneficial!

Furthermore, in boxing, you can clearly witness the skill, beauty, sophistication, finesse and technique implied in the ring. Compared to mma, where it seems like two "Drunken" fighters are about to clash inside a bar! There are but a few in mma that exhibit some form of art and that is Spiderman Silva and GSP.

Finally, boxing is more prominent than MMA because boxing is part of our cultural tradition -- not just in the US, but in England, Ireland, Mexico etc..... and MMA just hasn't contributed to our cultures like that. MMA is like the Britney Spears of fighting sports while boxing is more like Pavorotti.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im going for Pacman and im also hoping he fights Mayweather. Should be an interesting fight. The thing about Pacman is that he doesnt really fight for fame, he fights for the money for his hometown. Dont get me wrong, Mayweather is fast too and he has a great strategy but his speed and strength doesnt compare to Pacman's. Anyone remember Hatton's fight?

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Not pulling for either fighter but Id be highly surprised if Cotto wins this fight.

Theyre both awesome competitors so as long as its a good fight, Im happy.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
The 49 people and 75% were right. TKO in 12. Pacman was ridiculous. Cotto even connected a few good times and it didn't even phase Pacquiao. He's the man. No doubt.

Also, Cotto's corner was absolute horseshit. Not that it would've mattered, but they did nothing to help him.

kaotic

Established Member
Cotto's team was horrible they should of stopped that fight at least 3 rounds before it ended. Way to protect their man.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Cotto's team was horrible they should of stopped that fight at least 3 rounds before it ended. Way to protect their man.

Yeah it should have been called after the 9th. He took a beating, but I respect him for sticking in there.

choco

Established Member
I must say that I am highly impressed with Pac. I had my reasons, but this dude defies all obstacles. His power for his size is phenomenal. Starting out at 106lbs and blowing up to 146, is extremely impressive. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I need to download the fight, heard Pacman dominated pretty badly. Is that true?

Cotto looked good in round 1, but it was pretty much all Pacman after that. Some good blows and a couple instances where you thought Pac had him. You felt like he was almost toying with Cotto for most of the fight. Dude's a machine. That's the first time I've really watched him (i.e. not something on at a bar) and I'm supremely impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread