Pacquiao vs Cotto

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Common

Established Member
I was being facetious. I 100% agree with you and love the analogy. Boxing is a science and an art. Absolutely nothing compares to a great boxing match, IMO. I started boxing in college and have been doing it since, so I appreciate the nuances. I think MMA is so popular because the UFC is a marketing machine. Fighters get title shots after one fight because that's what people want to see (read: will make the most money). That's bogus, IMO. Nice to see there are still some people out there that appreciate the sweet science. :beer:

+1

Shallow idiotic minds want the blood, more the better!

If you put 4oz gloves on boxers, there would be eyeballs, noses and blood everywhere!

canibus

Established Member
I think it's funny how people want the pacquiao fight vs. Maywether. I hate mayweather and even I see the mismatch. Manny is simply too small and wouldn't be able to win that fight.

As far as cotto, he'll lose.

TEX-STANG

Established Member
I think Pac-man is hard to beat but from watching 24/7 Pacquio seems to have a lot of distractions and Cotto looks to be 100% focused.

Im gonna say because Pac-man has so much going on that Cotto will win!

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I'm Filipino and I want Pacquiao, but I have to admit I think Cotto is going to win. However, I did vote Pacquiao on this poll. If Pacquiao does win I think he'll lose to Mayweather, but I hope he whoops Mayweather's ass. I've always doubted Pacquiao ever since he became big, but he's proved me wrong on numerous occasions. He's quicker than Cotto, but so was Mosley.

rich1011

Established Member
LOL @ MMA being bigger than boxing now.

Just because poser's walk around everywhere wearing affliction shirts doesn't mean it's already bigger than boxing. You want proof that boxing is still king? Look at PPV sales and look at how boxing generates so much more money and pays their fighter's accordingly.

Look I'm not an advocate of either sport, nor do I follow either religiously, but come on OP, just because you and your friends are more excited about MMA doesn't mean it's on top.

Besides, remember that MMA is to checkers as boxing is to chess. :lol1:

Some people consider boxing the "gentlemens sport." Boxing is definitely more popular than MMA. Most MMA purses are laughable compared to boxing. The skill level of boxers compared to the typical MMA fighter for boxing alone is of course far superior. In that aspect I agree with your analogy. However, MMA as a whole takes more skill to master compared to boxing. With MMA, you have to learn multiple disciplines. Obviously, boxing is just that, boxing. I'm a fan of both and I've trained a little in boxing and martial arts. Dimensionaly, boxing is to checkers as MMA is to chess.

The sport hasn't been represented well or given a true depiction of how MMA is suppose to be so I understand why people think it's a blood sport. Kimbo headlining an event attracted 7.2 million viewers compared to Fedors 5.4 million. Kimbo is a tomato can, but still gets loads of attention. Of course people in general are going to think Kimbo is what MMA has to offer. He's not even a good boxer and he's known for his stand up. Then we have Brock Lesnar who became a champion after 4 fights? That doesn't happen in boxing because boxers are plentiful and MMA fighters are relatively scarce and inexperienced. But, if you look into the sport deeper you'll find the elite of MMA fighters are incredibly gifted and some of the best athletes in the world. :beer:

Oh yeah, I'm going with pacman!

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I'm pulling for Manny in this one. I have never been a fan of fighting of any kind, but I started watching 24/7 and am really looking forward to Saturday night. Pac-Man's camp seems to be a mess and Cotto seems very focused, so I hope that doesn't cost Manny.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
I'm Filipino and I want Pacquiao, but I have to admit I think Cotto is going to win. However, I did vote Pacquiao on this poll. If Pacquiao does win I think he'll lose to Mayweather, but I hope he whoops Mayweather's ass. I've always doubted Pacquiao ever since he became big, but he's proved me wrong on numerous occasions. He's quicker than Cotto, but so was Mosley.

I've always been the other way around. I'm Hispanic and when my family would go for the Mexican fighters, I would always be going for Pacquiao. I've never seen a fighter with his kind of passion and endurance. Its crazy to see him banging in the later rounds and then throw his hands up wanting more. I know guys like Roy Jones/Mayweather would do the same to hype up the crowd but this guy is willing to stand there and trade punches with anyone who gets in the ring with him rather than dance around the ring for the majority of the fight. Mayweather doesn't want any of this, he realizes that theres someone who can finally keep up with him all 12 rounds and has the power to knock him out easily. One of the reasons Mayweather gave for not wanting to fight him was because Pacquiao didn't handle his negotiations on his own. Mayweather claims to fight for the "love of the sport". Youtube any interviews on Mayweather talking Pacquiao and he's quick to change the subject.
Listen to this interview. *********NWS*********
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Hz5-uYHso"]YouTube- Floyd Mayweather Jr. GOT OWNED BY Ra the Rugged Man PART 2[/ame]

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I've always been the other way around. I'm Hispanic and when my family would go for the Mexican fighters, I would always be going for Pacquiao. I've never seen a fighter with his kind of passion and endurance. Its crazy to see him banging in the later rounds and then throw his hands up wanting more. I know guys like Roy Jones/Mayweather would do the same to hype up the crowd but this guy is willing to stand there and trade punches with anyone who gets in the ring with him rather than dance around the ring for the majority of the fight. Mayweather doesn't want any of this, he realizes that theres someone who can finally keep up with him all 12 rounds and has the power to knock him out easily. One of the reasons Mayweather gave for not wanting to fight him was because Pacquiao didn't handle his negotiations on his own. Mayweather claims to fight for the "love of the sport". Youtube any interviews on Mayweather talking Pacquiao and he's quick to change the subject.
Listen to this interview. *********NWS*********
YouTube- Floyd Mayweather Jr. GOT OWNED BY Ra the Rugged Man PART 2

Yes, I posted that video last week I believe.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Cotto.
It took Margarito 11 rounds to drop Cotto.. Manny doesn't even come close to the power Margarito has.

Cotto will drop Manny by the 6th. With an uppercut.

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
people say that Cotto isnt the same after the margarito fight and their right...but its not a negative attribute. It just made him that much more aggressive and determined. It will be a good fight, still think Cotto will land on top.. He hits damn hard, isnt nearly as slow as people claim he is and he has handled fast fisted people numerous times in the past.

rudyyr

Established Member
pac-man's speed and stamina with decent power = win by TKO or KO..cotto hasn't been in the ring with anyone like pac-man in terms of speed,stamina and punch combinations..only thing cotto has going for him in this fight is his bodypunching..

I am a cotto fan but pac-man is the better fighter

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
This will be a good fight..manny is a good fighter but he most def has his handfull with cotto.i pesonally think he lost his two fights with marquez...but he is a good fighther. i am leaning towards cotto......and NO...manny has no chance with mayweather...his last performance with marquez was flawless he is a much more smarter bigger,and skilled fighter than pacquiao...oh yeah and cotto is naturally bigger shane mosley was faster than cotto and he lost...

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
pac-man's speed and stamina with decent power = win by TKO or KO..cotto hasn't been in the ring with anyone like pac-man in terms of speed,stamina and punch combinations..only thing cotto has going for him in this fight is his bodypunching..

I am a cotto fan but pac-man is the better fighter

Maybe you did not see this fight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OXv3QUGEAI"]YouTube- Miguel Cotto vs Joshua Clottey Highlights (HBO)[/ame]

Clottey is a wicked fast puncher.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member

KILRSVT

Established Member
pacquiao might be in a winning streak and in the prime of his boxing carrer...but he will be hit like he has never been hit before with cotto....cant wait til saturday

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
Cotto! as always speed worries me agaisnt cotto, but he went what 10 , 11 rounds against a bigger , Tampered gloves margarito, and he aint slow.. so he should be able to take manny's big shots.I hope.

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Day before the fight and I'm going to officially cast my vote for Cotto. I'm still not sure, but that's what I'm thinking. It should be an awesome fight regardless of the victor, but I think Cotto comes out on top. Power > speed...maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread