Pacquiao vs Cotto

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I know MMA reigns supreme now adays popularity wise, but is anyone else excited about this fight? Pacman is on fire right now and most seem to be giving him the edge in a decision, but Cotto is the first true welterweight he's fought. Should be an awesome fight.

Who does SVTP think will win?

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I got 500 on Pacman so he better win!!!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
After watching Pacquiao's last few fights, I can't see anyone but Mayweather even giving him a solid fight.

I will admit that I don't know much about Cotto, though, I will definitely be watching it.

FWIW, I would much rather watch boxing.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I change my mind like every other day, but right now I'm leaning towards Cotto.

If you get HBO, watch the 24/7 series when it comes on. It's a great show.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Pacman fan here. If he wins, he should call out Floyd then and there. Pacquiao is pretty humble so I don't think he will but man I'd love to see him give Mayweather a beating.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Pacman fan here. If he wins, he should call out Floyd then and there. Pacquiao is pretty humble so I don't think he will but man I'd love to see him give Mayweather a beating.

After watching Mayweather play with and then demolish Marquez, I don't think Pacquiao will give him a beating, but I think it would likely be one of the best fights in the last 10 years.

God I hope that fight happens.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I like Pac in this fight. I think he'll be too quick for Cotto. I hope Cotto doesn't start landing hooks to the body early or it'll be a long night for Manny

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
Cotto fan here and from what ive seen I dont think pacman is very focused on this fight (based on watching 24/7)

Last edited:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
LOL @ MMA being bigger than boxing now.

Just because poser's walk around everywhere wearing affliction shirts doesn't mean it's already bigger than boxing. You want proof that boxing is still king? Look at PPV sales and look at how boxing generates so much more money and pays their fighter's accordingly.

Look I'm not an advocate of either sport, nor do I follow either religiously, but come on OP, just because you and your friends are more excited about MMA doesn't mean it's on top.

Besides, remember that MMA is to checkers as boxing is to chess. :lol1:

After watching Mayweather play with and then demolish Marquez, I don't think Pacquiao will give him a beating, but I think it would likely be one of the best fights in the last 10 years.

God I hope that fight happens.

That would be tough. The first Marquez vs Pacquiao fight was amazing. In fact Marquez won that fight, but Pacquiao was still up and coming so the ****ing judges couldn't give the fight to Marquez since he was already on the tail end of his. Even the second fight, Pacquiao didn't win it decisively.

De la Hoya vs Ike Quartay (sp?) was another bad ass fight. That Oscar de la Hoya would have destroyed the current Pacquaio.

I change my mind like every other day, but right now I'm leaning towards Cotto.

If you get HBO, watch the 24/7 series when it comes on. It's a great show.

24/7 is bad ass! I hope Cotto beats his ass!

I got 500 on Pacman so he better win!!!

Damn you Riddla! I got $20 on Cotto, lol, so I hope HE wins!

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
That would be tough. The first Marquez vs Pacquiao fight was amazing. In fact Marquez won that fight, but Pacquiao was still up and coming so the ****ing judges couldn't give the fight to Marquez since he was already on the tail end of his. Even the second fight, Pacquiao didn't win it decisively.

True the first two fights were very tough fights, but I would argue that Pacquiao is not the same fighter now he was then. He was a two punch fighter when he fought Marquez the first time, and only slightly better the second time. Under the tutelage of Freddy Roach, Manny has become a much more well rounded fighter.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
LOL @ MMA being bigger than boxing now.

Just because poser's walk around everywhere wearing affliction shirts doesn't mean it's already bigger than boxing. You want proof that boxing is still king? Look at PPV sales and look at how boxing generates so much more money and pays their fighter's accordingly.

Look I'm not an advocate of either sport, nor do I follow either religiously, but come on OP, just because you and your friends are more excited about MMA doesn't mean it's on top.

Besides, remember that MMA is to checkers as boxing is to chess. :lol1:

I was being facetious. I 100% agree with you and love the analogy. Boxing is a science and an art. Absolutely nothing compares to a great boxing match, IMO. I started boxing in college and have been doing it since, so I appreciate the nuances. I think MMA is so popular because the UFC is a marketing machine. Fighters get title shots after one fight because that's what people want to see (read: will make the most money). That's bogus, IMO. Nice to see there are still some people out there that appreciate the sweet science. :beer:

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
pacman.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread