Out ran a 14 5.0 in my old as dirt, obsolete Terminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

99BlownVert

Established Member
Pulley and mail order tune for cobra- $400. Tune and long tubes/cai to make the 5.0 closer to the cobra - $2000 bucks. You still cant buy a new 5.0 and spend less than $500 to get the power you get out of a pullied cobra. Cobra FTW

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Cobra's were 40k 10 years ago when they came out vs 30-35k now for a new 5.0. You can probably say in this day in age that money would translate to 50k for new cobra.

30-35k plus 8k in mods in the coyote and you can have a 9 sec DD, looking at it that way I don't think your 10 year old cobra is all that impressive. How many car's can you buy in 30k range and spend that amount in mods to put it in the 9s besides a coyote? What are you guys running with your bang for the buck pulley and mail order tune?

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
It's a Cummins lol it don't break. Unless its a duracrap or powerjoke :) Getting 20 plus mpg is nice to.

That's funny right there!!! Last truck race at SGMP,the only diesels that did break were Cummins... They had to get a bucket to put all of the shit in that came out of the bottom end of one of them. OP,kudos to you on the kill! Damn shame Terminators were not available with 4r70w's from the factory or I would've had one.

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Cobra's were 40k 10 years ago when they came out vs 30-35k now for a new 5.0. You can probably say in this day in age that money would translate to 50k for new cobra.

30-35k plus 8k in mods in the coyote and you can have a 9 sec DD, looking at it that way I don't think your 10 year old cobra is all that impressive. How many car's can you buy in 30k range and spend that amount in mods to put it in the 9s besides a coyote? What are you guys running with your bang for the buck pulley and mail order tune?

Only responding because this is the most idiotic argument I can think of.

Using that same logic, I could have bought a $5000 Civic and used $45k to upgrade it and demolish everything in this thread.

nonliberal

Established Member
Pulley and mail order tune for cobra- $400. Tune and long tubes/cai to make the 5.0 closer to the cobra - $2000 bucks. You still cant buy a new 5.0 and spend less than $500 to get the power you get out of a pullied cobra. Cobra FTW

But who needs long tubes or a CAI on their 5.0 to run good? 2 pieces of pipe makes cat deletes and the factory CAI is just fine. Tunes for a 5.0 don't cost any more than a Cobra tune.

spray'n mach 1

Established Member

I could make some good power as well for 8 k

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Only responding because this is the most idiotic argument I can think of.

Using that same logic, I could have bought a $5000 Civic and used $45k to upgrade it and demolish everything in this thread.

Says the 21 year old KID that sold his mustang, for a sh*tty trunk, tired trading it for a cobra with no takers. Just to get back into a POS 06 mustang that he has no clue about making dumb threads.

I'm sorry but you probably could just barely afford a 5k civic and now your talking about having 45k in mod money....what a joke! This is a big boy thread not cars running in the 14s and 15s <-----says the idiot you called out.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
MSRP was $34750 for a 03 coupe.

What's the msrp on a new GT500, low 50k right but you don't see any of those on the lots, most are high 50k to 70k. You can't compare 10 year old prices to the current market but I'm sure you guy's will continue to try to find a way to still be relevant haha :beer:

goat-ee

Established Member
So your pullied, supercharged Cobra, beat a not even broke-in, bone stock 5.0? Congrats on that, you should be proud. It does sound like the 5.0 owner was a little too cocky for his own good though!!

b_dike

Established Member
Nice kill op... I'd just like add that pound for pound the 5.0 is probably the better car, but not by much. With that said, I'd still rather have a terminator.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
So your pullied, supercharged Cobra, beat a not even broke-in, bone stock 5.0? Congrats on that, you should be proud. It does sound like the 5.0 owner was a little too cocky for his own good though!!

I'm sure the OP was cocky too, just heard his side of the story....have you met a terminator owner that wasn't? :shrug:

MN SVT GUY

Mn SVT Guy
Established Member
The new 5.0 are cool, but soon to be a dime a dozen..
I'll keep my Terminator, I bet in ten years it will be worth the same as a 2013 5.0........

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member

:bs:eek:n 8k in mods to your 5.0 to run 9's, you'll have that in blower, fuel system, and tuning alone not counting wheels and tires, stall, exhaust, suspension etc.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
:bs:eek:n 8k in mods to your 5.0 to run 9's, you'll have that in blower, fuel system, and tuning alone not counting wheels and tires, stall, exhaust, suspension etc.

My paxton kit was $4400
Fuel system was $1600
Converter $1100
Used ORH was $180
Tuning was $550
Used racestars w/tires $950
Suspension $1200

So right under 10k for me but you can take out the suspension part/fuel system because guys have been in the 9s on stock suspension using a BAP......So I would say 8k is pretty legit, hard to believe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread