Out ran a 14 5.0 in my old as dirt, obsolete Terminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member
I see over 10k and no mention of tuning either? Guys running 9's with stock injectors and bap huh?

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I know someone whew blew thier 5.0 just trying to get into the 10's, with a 2.3 tvs.

It's all in the tune.....I bought mine and slapped the Paxton on at 1800 miles and now have a tad over 4k. It's not my DD so when I do take it out I don't drive her lightly. I probably have over 15 1/4 mile passes on it and probably 15 dyno pulls...that's not counting 7-8 datalog pulls when I swapped tuners, then countless shit n giggle WOT highway pulls.

I see over 10k and no mention of tuning either? Guys running 9's with stock injectors and bap huh?

That Paxton price is counting 1000 id injectors, it's including in the kit.

Last edited:

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
I'm impressed with all new cars lately, the z28, new Vette, the 5.0, GT500, CTSV. I'm glad that cars are surpassing vehicles of yesterday.

I agree that pound for pound the 5.0 is a better car BUT for a car built to compete with cars ten years ago and it is still possessing a threat to cars today is very impressive, to say the least.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I'm impressed with all new cars lately, the z28, new Vette, the 5.0, GT500, CTSV. I'm glad that cars are surpassing vehicles of yesterday.

I agree that pound for pound the 5.0 is a better car BUT for a car built to compete with cars ten years ago and it is still possessing a threat to cars today is very impressive, to say the least.

:beer:

excellent post

5.0 has balls and lots of new tech
cobra has forged balls and still relevant tech

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Don't worry about tax on any of that stuff either!

It's called the internet....no sales tax is associated with online purchases unless you live in that state, where have you been hiding under a rock? Why are you trying to bust my balls, do you even have a mustang or are you a GM troll?

Read this thread if you find it so hard to believe the potential of the coyote motor with min mods.....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/914412-vid-omars-tss-tuned-5-0-a.html

Last edited:

Rambro

Established Member
Cobra's were 40k 10 years ago when they came out vs 30-35k now for a new 5.0. You can probably say in this day in age that money would translate to 50k for new cobra.

30-35k plus 8k in mods in the coyote and you can have a 9 sec DD, looking at it that way I don't think your 10 year old cobra is all that impressive. How many car's can you buy in 30k range and spend that amount in mods to put it in the 9s besides a coyote? What are you guys running with your bang for the buck pulley and mail order tune?

Wow so you're going to compare an aftermarket blown 5.0 to a pulley tune terminator. 5.0's are impressive but I think it's pretty foolish to think a terminator can't get into the nines with 8 to 10 grand in mods. Didn't posi run in the nines with an eaton. Hell previous owner of my car went 10.70 with P/I/E and a shot.

Elwood617

Established Member
Nice job Op, 5.0's are great. But, they are not that great. I think of the car as a great starting point, and they are a lot of fun to work on :)

earl lee

Established Member
Impossible, all blower 5.0's run nines.

vi7fk.gif

SN8KBYT_1

Established Member
The new 5.0 are cool, but soon to be a dime a dozen..
I'll keep my Terminator, I bet in ten years it will be worth the same as a 2013 5.0........

Agree. I love both the new 5.0 and the Terminators. The Cobras can still run with the New GTs. 0-60 stock in each car was 4.5 seconds I believe. The new GTs are sweet. I have driven a 13 with 3.73s. They are down right fast. Ill take the barbaric Terminator any day.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Wow so you're going to compare an aftermarket blown 5.0 to a pulley tune terminator. 5.0's are impressive but I think it's pretty foolish to think a terminator can't get into the nines with 8 to 10 grand in mods. Didn't posi run in the nines with an eaton. Hell previous owner of my car went 10.70 with P/I/E and a shot.

Why wouldn't I, boost vs boost.....lower boost on the coyote at that. I guess just because your's came like that from the factory it doesn't count. You don't think 10 years ago you paid for that premium at the dealership to have a cobra, so that in itself is like paying 8-10k in mods.....just got a warranty back then.

It would be the same as comparing the 5.0 to the GT500's now on price point from the dealership. 60k GT500 vs a 35k GT.....add 8k in mods to a 5.0 and it would walk it like a dog down the track with over 15k left over in your pocket. I'm not into buying used car's as I like having the lastest and greatest but that's just me......I guess this debate will be never ending lol

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
At the end of the day you still needed a pulley to beat a stock 14 gt.

Put a blower on the 5.0 and its unbeatable. Even if everything else is equal, comp ratio, cubic inches, boost.

That's right, you're not allowed to use any advantages of the Cobra when racing a 5.0..wtf. That the whole point of the Cobra- its advantage of a simple pulley swap which the car CAN do puts it ahead.

The 5.0 doesn't have the most desirable comp ratio for boost either. It's too high.

The main issue here is the 5.0 guy comes from owning a Dodge. Glad you smashed his ego OP :rockon:

Last edited:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Who said thid topic is dead? Lol nothing like a good ol cobra vs 5.0 debate to pass the time. I like the new 5.0 but I love my cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread