Out ran a 14 5.0 in my old as dirt, obsolete Terminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
My good friend traded his 06 Cummins for a base 14 5.0 6 speed and the shit talking began that day. Terminators are obsolete, who cares about a forged motor, my pullied Terminator can't out run a coyote, etc... I wanted to wait a couple of weeks for him to get used to the car before we lined up. Yesterday night was the two week anniversary of his purchase so after bugging me for a hour and a half at the gym I decided to see what a stock 5.0 will do to a pullied Terminator.

We went from a 40, 60, 80 and a couple of other speeds he wanted to go from so his 5.0 could be "more in the power band". I spun at 40 so he got a good two car lead on me but once I slammed third he was in my rear-view mirror fast. I murdered him from 60, 80, and all other speeds. The higher the speed the more the heaton Cobra pulled. He was extremely butt hurt afterwards but since I'm a member of this site and am well aware of how 5.0 owners get, especially when a ten year old, noodled-framed, unproficient FI 4.6 beats the god-like 5.0, I wasn't surprised.

The 5.0 is an amazing machine, nothing surpasses the 5.0 when it comes to bang for the buck but that doesn't mean that the 03/04 Cobra is cannon fodder to all coyote mustangs. ;)

-A

Last edited:

OneSlowV

Established Member
Who would trade in a Cummins in on a 5.0 lol. Nice kill btw. I think it would be a good race both being stock. Some owners listen to all the hype these new 5.0s are putting out and think they can beat everything lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
Who would trade in a Cummins in on a 5.0 lol. Nice kill btw. I think it would be a good race both being stock. Some owners listen to all the hype these new 5.0s are putting out and think they can beat everything lol.

maybe he was tired of emptying his wallet when the diesel breaks....haha that goes for any coal truck.

Nice kills OP! I got my Ass handed to me a few weeks ago by a 5.0, of course he had paint on his windows where he had been drag racing it that day, so god knows what was done to the car.

OneSlowV

Established Member
It's a Cummins lol it don't break. Unless its a duracrap or powerjoke :) Getting 20 plus mpg is nice to.

Rambro

Established Member
At the end of the day you still needed a pulley to beat a stock 14 gt.

stangfreak

Established Member
Once the 5.0 gets a tune, cold air intake, and exhaust, you are going to need a built motor, custom cams, twin 76mm turbos, automatic, solid rear, weight reduction, and at least a 300 shot of nitrous to even hang with the 5.0. If the coyote gets a blower, then I don't know

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Stock car vs a modded car....

Anyone that didn't see the outcome is dumb.

Nice kill

Rambro

Established Member
Once the 5.0 gets a tune, cold air intake, and exhaust, you are going to need a built motor, custom cams, twin 76mm turbos, automatic, solid rear, weight reduction, and at least a 300 shot of nitrous to even hang with the 5.0. If the coyote gets a blower, then I don't know

Lol, minus the turbo this is what it took for gt500 slayer's zl1 to beat nonliberal's blown 5.0. All kidding aside I feel like I need to get my ported eaton on ASAP with the way some of these bolt on 5.0's run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread