Out ran a 14 5.0 in my old as dirt, obsolete Terminator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragu1a

Established Member
I LITERALLY never get tired of these threads lmfao. Its the SAME ARGUMENT everytime but we all take the time out of our lives to out our .02 in every single time.

Posted via Topify using Android

you and me both, haha. i always get a laugh out of smartass comments each driver makes about how unbeatable the other car is.

What is all the hate about, seriously? I've read all pages of this thread and still don't understand where the bitterness comes from.

From my experience, I've never been around a more cocky person than an 03/04 Cobra owner. Rightfully so, those cars were incredible for their time and as far as I'm concerned, their relevance now is a testament to how important they were for the domestic car industry as a whole.

right there is why cobra owners argue with 5.OMG owners. almost everyone with a coyote acts like the '03/'04 is an irrelevant artifact that "for it's time" was OK, but now - comparatively - doesn't have enough power to get out of its own way...when in reality i know 1 person who dumped a ton of $ into his tt gt that i wouldn't mess with, other than him, i don't even give the newer gt a 2nd look when i'm out and about.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
ME? HELLL no. These kids on here that think they have discovered Horsepower do.
My vote is the Terminator is worth as much or MORE than that in another 10 years and the precious 5.0 is worth what any 10 year old Mustang is. Maybe 8-10K.

Sorry was trying to clarify... It could have been taken both ways. :)

. There is no question the Terminator will be worth more because it is the original BADASS. The new 5.0 guys are faster, they have a better car for sure. The engine is ENTIRELY better in every aspect. GOD DAMN they should! It's 10+ years newer. Why brag about that. We weren't bitches when the Terminator came out. We didn't pick on the 205HP 5.0. These kids are largely rejects because they quit making the catfish so the losers had no place else to go.

Most of the 5.0 guys I've met IRL are new to all of this... Iron fist, lead foot. Those days are permantly etched in my brain. There is no history here for some of these guys. The GM camp is the same way... You should see the c7 guys shitting on people already. :nonono:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Poppacapp;13594037. [I said:
Posted via Topify using Android[/I]

Yeah but if weshop we all know theidn't have things to argue about on here, it would be boring.
cwm27.gif
[/QUOTE]

Well that's true but I seen rambro say some shit on the first page saying "at the end of the day you beat a stock coyote with a pullied termi"

Im sure he was being sarcastic but THAT comment alone set off this thread whether anyone wants to believe it or not. These arguments are dead horses that will not burn to ashes. This horse is constantly put on fire, beaten, then put out, then set on fire again.

Dont get me wrong the entertainment value is PRICE LESS from those that say the cobra is this or the 5.0 is that, but holy moly donut shop folks if you dont know that the cobra is the better superior car by now then shoot yourself and twice on thursday......

Oh sorry didnt mean to do that but I have a cobra now and I am entitled to defend the cobras honor. Ok back to the bickering folks.

blackvette101

Established Member
Thanks for defining that. So if I was to say that V6 Automatic Convertible cars with cloth interior are less than 3% of production, that would also be a limited production by your standards, correct?

yes limited but not desirable if that 3% is a real number. It's not my standards it's the definition of limited defined by dictionary. And if it is a true number it's limited for a different reason then the GT500 but still limited so it's not really relevant in talks of resale value on the GT500.

A GT500 is limited because it's desirable and not affordable a Cloth V6 is limited because it's affordable but not desirable. This is pretty easy to understand. Although I would assume most V6's are cloth as usually the V6 guys are very price sensitive and are probably not opting for leather.

Last edited:

blackvette101

Established Member
I agree with you on some off the thing's here but do a little research on the 5.0 platform and the limits of the mod's you speak of......

Beefcake and JPC both put 1000rwhp down with basically the same set-up I have now but on a built motor. The 2200 will flow well enough to put 900-1000rwhp....I'd agree on the 8 rib set-up but those go for $650 from Beef, the upgraded clutches are $600 and wanna say $400 for the input shaft upgrade. Your about right on the driveshaft/loop $900....what is that $2500 or so.

MMR build's shortblock's for us at a decent price and can be shipped for $4500 after some small add on's. The heads/cams are pretty good on the 5.0's so I don't see myself seeing that as an issue. The Axle upgrade is a plus but not all that needed since I'm auto and doesn't take the abuse a stick car provides. Anyway I'm sure for another 10k I can get to where I want to be even with those odd end expenses.

I'm vry aware of mods on the 5.0 platform My shop races a BOSS 302 and all my employess drive 5.0's that i work on with them. didn't beefcake have a ysi. Yes those are the costs of the hard parts but 99% of people cannot rebuild an 6r80 auto tranny in their garage circle D sells the package installed for $2500. still going to need bigger injectors. Honestly if you believe the stock rearend can take a drag launch on slicks with 1000 rwhp that is crazy. This rearend has been in fast ford's for 50 years. The one in your coyote is no stronger then the ones that have been campaigned on the strip for decades as long as they're both 31 spline. Not only does it have no chance of living stock it has only an ok chance of living if rebuilt. This is common knowledge that can be googled. Right when you start cracking 9's they tend to explode. You ever see inside of a ford 8.8 and you'll understand. Look at the cheap ass C-clips thats you can almost bend with your hands that holds the axle together. Honestly even at your power level I wouldn't launch hard on that axle. Because when it goes it goes real bad. you can load it well you stage all you want it's still built with internals never designed to hold near that level. Just like you can boost that coyote all you want but it still was never designed to handle boost and the cast internals will eventually fail. I Just hope your not on the big end when either one of those goes.

And I think that's why people are calling BS on you being able to afford a GT500 but choosing to buy a GT instead on bang for the buck. Because usually if you can afford a car that almost costs double you can afford to put in an aluminator right from the factory or afford the BOSS 302 with it's forged internals. Many people that own GT's can't afford forged internals and that's understandable they are expensive. But if you have the choice between a 60k+ car designed for boost and a 30k+ car not designed for boost, and your intentions are to boost it on the bang for the buck factor. Why do it on the cheap? why push stock internals well past the factory limit and the aftermarket excepted limit and use 100+ octane fuel just to keep it out of knock and risk the chances of crashing if the motor blows a rod and dumps oil all over the tires. iI can understand working with the stock stuff if your on a budget but if you got money where you could of had a 60k car but got a 30k car purposely to save that $ for mod money why even bother with the stock stuff. Even if you keep boost low why not have the piece of mind that a 700+ rwhp GT500 owner has especially with the volatile nature of E85.

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
Less bickering, more tiny waisted, thick hipped, big tittied wife/girlfriend pics please and thanks.

ramstein

Established Member
These 5.0/Terminator threads are the best.:beer:
Terminator>5.0 that is all that needs to be said from performance standpoint.

Rambro

Established Member
Yeah but if weshop we all know theidn't have things to argue about on here, it would be boring.
cwm27.gif

Well that's true but I seen rambro say some shit on the first page saying "at the end of the day you beat a stock coyote with a pullied termi"

Im sure he was being sarcastic but THAT comment alone set off this thread whether anyone wants to believe it or not. These arguments are dead horses that will not burn to ashes. This horse is constantly put on fire, beaten, then put out, then set on fire again.

Dont get me wrong the entertainment value is PRICE LESS from those that say the cobra is this or the 5.0 is that, but holy moly donut shop folks if you dont know that the cobra is the better superior car by now then shoot yourself and twice on thursday......

Oh sorry didnt mean to do that but I have a cobra now and I am entitled to defend the cobras honor. Ok back to the bickering folks.

Posted via Topify using Android[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic and I usually stay away from these 5.0 vs terminator threads. I honestly like the 5.0's and the performance of these newer cars are starting to make me want to do a motor with more cubes and a bump in compression instead of a reman 03 motor. From this day forward I vow to never troll a 5.0 vs terminator thread.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
I'm vry aware of mods on the 5.0 platform My shop races a BOSS 302 and all my employess drive 5.0's that i work on with them. didn't beefcake have a ysi. Yes those are the costs of the hard parts but 99% of people cannot rebuild an 6r80 auto tranny in their garage circle D sells the package installed for $2500. still going to need bigger injectors. Honestly if you believe the stock rearend can take a drag launch on slicks with 1000 rwhp that is crazy. This rearend has been in fast ford's for 50 years. The one in your coyote is no stronger then the ones that have been campaigned on the strip for decades as long as they're both 31 spline. Not only does it have no chance of living stock it has only an ok chance of living if rebuilt. This is common knowledge that can be googled. Right when you start cracking 9's they tend to explode. You ever see inside of a ford 8.8 and you'll understand. Look at the cheap ass C-clips thats you can almost bend with your hands that holds the axle together. Honestly even at your power level I wouldn't launch hard on that axle. Because when it goes it goes real bad. you can load it well you stage all you want it's still built with internals never designed to hold near that level. Just like you can boost that coyote all you want but it still was never designed to handle boost and the cast internals will eventually fail. I Just hope your not on the big end when either one of those goes.

And I think that's why people are calling BS on you being able to afford a GT500 but choosing to buy a GT instead on bang for the buck. Because usually if you can afford a car that almost costs double you can afford to put in an aluminator right from the factory or afford the BOSS 302 with it's forged internals. Many people that own GT's can't afford forged internals and that's understandable they are expensive. But if you have the choice between a 60k+ car designed for boost and a 30k+ car not designed for boost, and your intentions are to boost it on the bang for the buck factor. Why do it on the cheap? why push stock internals well past the factory limit and the aftermarket excepted limit and use 100+ octane fuel just to keep it out of knock and risk the chances of crashing if the motor blows a rod and dumps oil all over the tires. iI can understand working with the stock stuff if your on a budget but if you got money where you could of had a 60k car but got a 30k car purposely to save that $ for mod money why even bother with the stock stuff. Even if you keep boost low why not have the piece of mind that a 700+ rwhp GT500 owner has especially with the volatile nature of E85.

Good info on the rear end.....

Beef had a Vortech JT trim and JPC had Paxton.....Beef put down 1000rwhp on E85 with 1000 id's but I'm sure they were at there limit, so 900-950 would be more realistic.

The main reason I didn't want the boss was I can get the better interior and the Auto in these's 5.0s impressed me with how stout they are. I'm sure I'm in a long list of thousands that pushed their stock motor to the limit. Trust me I have the money to rebuild now if my motor let's go but I wanted to do this car in progessions so I don't get tired of it and want to get rid of it.

I'm over 800hp at the crank right now, so I think I made the right choice between the 5.0 and GT500 espeically when I was looking for a new street monster. Besides the drivetrain (forged motor)/resale value what's the advantage/disvantage for going with the 5.0? I just don't get what's the whole big deal for chosing what I have now vs. the GT500. All I know is my piggy bank still looks plenty full since buying this car back in April.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
cwm27.gif

. From this day forward I vow to never troll a 5.0 vs terminator thread.[/QUOTE]

Im sure your fingers were crossed when you said that......

blackvette101

Established Member
Good info on the rear end.....

Beef had a Vortech JT trim and JPC had Paxton.....Beef put down 1000rwhp on E85 with 1000 id's but I'm sure they were at there limit, so 900-950 would be more realistic.

The main reason I didn't want the boss was I can get the better interior and the Auto in these's 5.0s impressed me with how stout they are. I'm sure I'm in a long list of thousands that pushed their stock motor to the limit. Trust me I have the money to rebuild now if my motor let's go but I wanted to do this car in progessions so I don't get tired of it and want to get rid of it.

I'm over 800hp at the crank right now, so I think I made the right choice between the 5.0 and GT500 espeically when I was looking for a new street monster. Besides the drivetrain (forged motor)/resale value what's the advantage/disvantage for going with the 5.0? I just don't get what's the whole big deal for chosing what I have now vs. the GT500. All I know is my piggy bank still looks plenty full since buying this car back in April.

really you sure they were on ID1000's according to the injector calculator 1000cc injectors can barely support 1000 rwhp at 95% duty cycle on pump fuel. E85 needs an extra 30-40% flow.

Welcome to FuelInjectorConnection.com

I get what your saying i'd just be worried honestly E85 can vary widely from batch to batch by as much as 15% alcohol content. The government has said it can be called E85 even at alcohol levels down to 70%. Not to mention it's ridiculously hydroscopic which further complicates matters. It's not a big deal unless your on the edge of the motor. It's good you could afford to replace it if it blows but it is possible that if you window the block on race tires that oil can get all over the tires. Seen it a few times and it's never pretty. It's about as bad as a C-clip breaking on a higher gear shift and the wheel falling off the car.

It's your money to do with however you please I was just saying why people would call BS on it.

fastashell

Banned
hello all, my first post here, i for one don't understand all the bickering, terminator, 5.0, or gt500, all are great cars, i think what makes the 5.0 hard to beat sometimes is they don't have a whole lot of wheel spin, i own a 2008 gt 500( that is hard as hell to launch without blowing the tires off) and the terminator is still on my list of must have cars. They are just a blast to drive. Personally all the technology that i care about is fuel injection, lol. I picked the gt 500 over a new 5.0, but sometimes i question that decision, until i do a 150 mph blast with supercharger screaming bloody murder, then i just grin and know that i made the right decision with the budget i had to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread