Original OEM battery

HPLouis

Established Member
You serious, Clark?
That OEM Battery is absolutely worth much more than the core charge to a concourse level collector.
Exactly. On Facebook, I posted the battery and a collector reached out and offered $1300 for it. There are people out there that want the original dated tires, batteries, air filters, oil filters, etc. and they'll pay for it.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I still have 2 OEM tires, not much tread left on them as they were the rears for most of there life. I let my buddy borrow my front set years ago, with a bad alignment he killed them in 1500 miles. Gave them back with threads starting show. Let’s say I was not happy.

I have almost all the OEM parts from my car still, except the battery and Transmission. That was the first part I’ve ever sold from it to offset the magnum.

fitforspeed

Established Member
You really still have them? I think mine got throw out when I had the tires replaced forever ago.

Image1691424914.493904.jpg

Found two. These have got to be worth at least a hundred each lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You really still have them? I think mine got thrown out when I had the tires replaced forever ago.

no i don't have them but it's amazing to me how all these little things end up having a market for them.

the only thing i threw out that i ended up regretting was the catback exhaust pipes. i remember tossing them in a dumpster, saying, "i'll never need these again and who tf would ever want them anyway..." then like 10 years later i needed them to pass a california exhaust noise test. lol!!

i still have almost most of the original parts that i took off though

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah, I trashed the factory cat back too. I still have the factory H though along with everything else. Pretty sure I tossed the battery blanket.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have my original oil filter and battery from a fox I bought new in 1988. Didnt save the gatorbacks though...... That car is a driver, not a show car.

I do get the MCA thing. Took 3 cars to a grand national that was local to us. Got 3 golds, and a platinum. Have not gone again, yet, as Im not going all over the country, for that.

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
Interesting, still do here. How do you guys dispose of batteries?
We just take them to the disposing facility but get nothing. In the past we did get a core charge but seems like the gov’t got rid of the program.
My original battery is still hanging in there also. Similar to you, 30k miles always on a tender. I don't plan on replacing it until it dies.
It’s just insane knowing how long these batteries are still going. I have heard the new Motorcraft batteries don’t last as long.

That OEM Battery is absolutely worth much more than the core charge to a concourse level collector.
Exactly. On Facebook, I posted the battery and a collector reached out and offered $1300 for it. There are people out there that want the original dated tires, batteries, air filters, oil filters, etc. and they'll pay for it.

Yes. I seen them go on FB for these $ amounts and was curious if they actually sold. Good to know now.

Users who are viewing this thread