Ordered VMP TVS2300 SC Kit!

jojobee

Established Member
I'm not a huge fan of aftermarket fuel systems on a Daily Driver. I have never had good luck with them. Seems something always goes wrong at the worse possible time. FPDM goes bad, fuse pops, gas smell coming from the car now, one of the multi relays u have to run now go bad ect ect. A reliable high mileage fuel system isn't easy to build. But then again aftermarket systems have changed alot in 4-5 years.
With a big inj and voltage booster if my memory serves me right I believe
Justin told me I would be good up to 700rwhp and with race gas even more.
Do some more investigating talk to VMP before u buy something u may never need.
Good luck

I think exactly the same, there's no way i will spend 5k on a fuel system.
I have the ID, i might get a bap and forge my internals but thats it.
I'm at around 600rwhp, i might go to a smaller pulley from 82mm later but for now i'm satisfied.
I will always be running pump gas and want to make sure the car is reliable, i dont have a mechanic degree neither a lot of free $$ for trial and errors :)

zachcrosen

Established Member
I do plan to install it myself. The only part im scared about is grinding my front cover.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jojobee

Established Member
If you perfer you can get a cover already grinded, worst case scenario you screw up and buy one :)

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

kevinp

Established Member
I do plan to install it myself. The only part im scared about is grinding my front cover.

Grinding the cover isnt bad at all, dont know what year you have but in 2012 they started using the truck front covers without the ribs so there is much less to grind. The only bad part about the grinding is the aluminum dust all over. I covered the car and the engine with some cheap, thin paint drop cloths and rolled the car outside to grind.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Re-pining the many harnesses wasn't fun. Grinding wasn't bad, just tedious.

This is why I am glad this kit came with the harness extensions so that repinning isn't necessary. If it didn't, I was going to buy it! I got flamed by several for wanting to buy the harness extensions but you just confirmed why I wanted to buy them. Plus, if I sell, I do't have to repin AGAIN!!

zachcrosen

Established Member
I waiting on word from VMP as to when my kit is going to ship. I thought they were in stock and ready to ship??? I'm just impatient I guess.

I also ordered a set of NGK TR7IX plugs from Advance Auto Parts per the recommendation of VMP. I'm not sure why the kit didn't already include them. But, they were only $58 shipped so that wasn't bad.

alex12gt

Established Member
Grinding was easy just plastic everything off really good and have someone with a vac next to you and repinning is simple you just have to get the trick down.....i used one of the wifes bobby pins with the end cut off took about 5 min

2012GT/CS

Established Member
From what justin told me, that sounds correct. I told him I wanted the hp and tq to be similar and he told me that you keep the stock airbox to limit the hp and to get the tq and hp closer together. So I thought that keeping it actually raised the tq but it limits the hp. I've seen many guys running over 700rwhp in these cars and not heard of a blown engine due to 650-700rwhp. I have read of the cylinder walls cracking where the water jacket is but that'd on higher hp cars from what I remember.

First off congrats on a great buy! and secound you have to think for the long run. The engine might not blow now, but how long will it last with 700whp 10-20,000 miles?

zachcrosen

Established Member
First off congrats on a great buy! and secound you have to think for the long run. The engine might not blow now, but how long will it last with 700whp 10-20,000 miles?

If it blows, then I will have to build a motor or buy a built short block and go from there. At the moment, im not concerned with longevity!!:D

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
This is why I am glad this kit came with the harness extensions so that repinning isn't necessary. If it didn't, I was going to buy it! I got flamed by several for wanting to buy the harness extensions but you just confirmed why I wanted to buy them. Plus, if I sell, I do't have to repin AGAIN!!

Yes, the harness extensions will be a big help.
Also, I bought a 2011-12 roush kit for a manual transmission and made it work for my 2013 auto...so I'm sure you won't run into same problems I did. Great kit! Just sent my logs to Justin for a revision.

alex12gt

Established Member
If it blows, then I will have to build a motor or buy a built short block and go from there. At the moment, im not concerned with longevity!!:D

There was a guy on another forum that was pushing his tvs and he had the parts to rebuild
And 2 weeks before the rebuild was going to happen the motor blew......and sent pieces through the intake manifold and blower destroying both........so you may want to think about it and your wallet before you just say screw it an crank up the boost

zachcrosen

Established Member
I don't plan to go past 650. If im above that by much, ill do what I gotta do to back off. I get where u r coming from and I don't want to blow money either. We shall see what she puts down once I get it installed and go from there.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I got word last night that my kit should ship out today. As soon as I get it, I'll open it up and take a bunch of pix and post them up.

stevegt2012

Established Member
thats what im thinking :lol: but im going with a 82mm with jlt when i get my kit this week

Agreed. The smaller pulley the OP is going with will give 13 psi boost according the the website. Way too much for a stock lower end IMO unless you aren't concerned about any longevity.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I have had the car for 28 months and only put 22k miles on it so I don't drive it all that much. Because of that, another 20k miles will be another 2+ years. Thats why I said I'm not too worried about longevity. Plus, I just bought an '05 black/black F-150 so I now have 3 vehicles.

Boxes started rolling in today!! I got 4 boxes so I don't know what exactly I got yet. There are more to come in early next week. They are at my wife's office so I am not sure if I can talk her into bringing them home tonight or not! If she does, I will try to take some pix and post up today or tomorrow or even this weekend.

Last edited:

zachcrosen

Established Member
Agreed. The smaller pulley the OP is going with will give 13 psi boost according the the website. Way too much for a stock lower end IMO unless you aren't concerned about any longevity.

As stated earlier, I taalked to Jstin @ VMP about the 75mm pulley and he said that they had that pulley on their shop car for a while (dont know how long). When they pulled the heads off of it, everything still looked brand new. He said it wasn't going to be a big deal as long as I don't beat the he!l out of it. Yes, I'm rough on cars, but not horrible.... yet!

If she blows, then you all told me so and I'll eat my words!

Users who are viewing this thread