Ordered VMP TVS2300 SC Kit!

zachcrosen

Established Member
Ive been looking at superchargers for about 8 months and have finally decided to go with the VMP TVS2300 kit. I ordered it with the standard JLT SC intake and not the carbon fiber one. I also ordered the 75mm pulley per Justin's recommendation. He said I would want to run Torco if I went with a smaller pulley. I am on the stock bottom end as an FYI. I plan to have Justin tune it also.

Here is what is included with it and a link to it VMP 2.3L TVS Supercharger kit for 2011-2013 GT 5.0L & Boss 302: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts :

New VMP 2.3L TVS For 2011+ 5.0L and Boss 302
Package Includes
  • VMP 2.3L TVS w/ CNC Ported Inlet & CNC Matched High Flow Inlet Elbow
  • AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger
  • Injector Dynamics ID725 72lb Injectors and high-flow fuel rail
  • JLT 123mm Plastic CAI for Supercharged 5.0L (Carbon Fiber Optional Upgrade)
  • Dual 60mm Throttle Body (upgradeable)
  • Your choice of pulley size (see below)
  • Plug and play wiring harness extensions
  • Upper and lower aluminum intake manifolds with high-efficiency intercooler
  • Intercooler pump & lines
  • 1st shiv HD belt system with tensioner, belt, and idlers.
  • All required fasteners, wiring, brackets, hoses and clamps
Turn-key ready to bolt-on supercharger kit for the 5.0L Coyote/Roadrunner Mustang.
Features
  • Performance – 650+ RWHP 5.0L and 750+ RWHP Boss 302
  • Reliability – 1 year warranty and 100,000 Mile Service Interval on TVS blower
  • Flexibility – Dial in at a level appropriate for you with our selection of pulleys
  • Driveability – Fantastic driveability even at the highest boost levels.
  • Expandability - Room to grow with any of our optional upgrades listed below
Available Pulley Sizes
  • 82mm – 10psi
  • 79mm – 11-12psi
  • 75mm – 13psi
  • 72mm – 14psi
  • 69mm – 15psi
  • 66mm - 16psi 8-rib conversion required
  • 63mm - 17psi 8-rib conversion required
I will keep updating this thread as I go along the install process. I plan to take the car up to MIR in May for the SVT shootout sponsored by VMP Tuning as well so I gotta get this on and running!!

Zach

zachcrosen

Established Member
Thank you sir! Im looking forward to getting it in and installed!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zachcrosen

Established Member
Will do. The only reason I was able to step up to the plate is because I got a hefty severance package from my prior job and then walked into a new one!

zachcrosen

Established Member
I spoke with justin and he said he was running I believe the same pulley when they took the heads off and it looked brand new. I went back and forth with him before I made the purchase and this was his recommendation. We shall see.

kevinp

Established Member
Congrats on the purchase, VMP's kit has some pretty nice upgrades from the basic Roush kit for the money. I liked my old standard kit and VMP kit enough to order another one from Justin for this '13, its a daily driver so for me the standard kit was plenty.

You will have some fun with it for sure..

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Will be a beast for sure. I looked at the roush tvs for a while too. Vmp looks to have it dialed in.

3 oh 2

Established Member
nice !! i went with roush 2300 kit fro evo barely getting it this friday cant wait to install it

zachcrosen

Established Member
I thought it also came with better injectors and heat exchanger?

nice choice OP, I am saving for a TVS myself... I have about $14 saved so far:cryying:

It does come with those things and the plug n play harness extensions. I was going to forego the afco but decided to go ahead and get what I wanted!

I was going to get a Paxton but saw some impressive numbers for the TVS. That got me to change my direction and go this route. Plus, I had a vortec on my old 350z and hated it.

zachcrosen

Established Member
If she blows .... I guess ill have to build a block!! I hope that doesn't happen but that's the price you gotta pay. You gotta pay to play!!

Users who are viewing this thread