Ordered VMP TVS2300 SC Kit!

jojobee

Established Member
Are you asking about the aeroforce? I haven't noticed any problems with mine. However, I haven't done much driving at night in it. I also bought mine used off here.

Sorry the original quote was erased by mistake, i meant the Roush gauge.
Please check if it always light up blue at night.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Sorry the original quote was erased by mistake, i meant the Roush gauge.
Please check if it always light up blue at night.

From what I've seen, it's blue at night all the time. I have it wired so it only comes on as blue only. If you have the white wire wired in, it will light up white when the lights are off. I just have the white wire hanging.

jojobee

Established Member
From what I've seen, it's blue at night all the time. I have it wired so it only comes on as blue only. If you have the white wire wired in, it will light up white when the lights are off. I just have the white wire hanging.

Thats what i wxpected, mine is sometime blue and sometime white at night with my lights on.
I'll have them check the wiring again or change the gauge.

zachcrosen

Established Member
Since mine is a 6 speed, I have an empty plug under my console that is for the automatics that I spliced into to get switched power. I tied my red and blue wires together and ran a single wire to the white with blue strip in the plug under the console. I wanted mine to be blue all the time and not white during the day.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Zach, glad you completed the install and are happy with it. I enjoyed meeting you at MIR and dyno-tuning the car.

You were one of the first 3 kits shipped out so there were a few little bumps a long the road. We are now checking all the belts before we ship them to make sure they are in the right sleeve. We have all the little parts in stock now down to some custom vacuum lines and a special combined IC pump/fan harness. I am glad you appreciated that we were there for support, even on nights and weekends.

Some notes about boost, the open element intake will make more boost than the closed airbox setup found on older Roush kits and FRPP/Whipple kits. We ran a 69mm pulley and airbox on our 11 5.0 which made about 12.5psi, but have run a 63mm pulley and CAI on our 12 boss which made 17psi. Both motors have shown excellent durability after street and track use. The 5.0 came apart to be rebuilt before it broke and looked spotless, the boss is still being used for open-track driving.

Boost is highly dependent on how you run the variable intake came on a coyote. Certain cam timing curves will produce lower or higher boost. Difference calibrations run different timing curves. Some coyote engines will not always run the commanded intake cam retard, resulting in higher boost. Boost is a measure of restriction, in the case of a coyote not achieving the desired intake cam retard, it will actually make a little less power with higher boost, not more.

People make references to things I have said in the past about various combinations and setups. Those statements are still valid, but things are also developing as time goes by. New developments, new parts, new calibrations, new solutions to problems, and new issues.

With the fuel and cooling improvements that come standard on the VMP TVS kits I feel smaller pulley sizes are safe. One still needs to keep in mind though, an intercooler pump failure, or a tank of bad gas, can be bad news. The pump gas quality is not getting any better, we make our pump tunes conservative and enable full knock control due to this. We find the ID725s fuel the engine extremely well into the 750-800rwhp range, above that a fuel pump booster is required. In some cases if the car has a weak alternator it is not a bad idea at lower power levels, I have seen a few 5.0 alts lately that did not put out commanded voltage.

What makes the VMP TVS kit unique compared to other TVS kits is the kit content, modifications to the blower, support, and package pricing. All of this is done specifically for VMP to our specifications. The blower is CNC inlet ported at time of manufacture so there is no risk of contamination.

We currently off the kit for $6999 with stage 1 afco heat exchanger and ID725 injectors. We are considering offering a less expensive kit with smaller injectors for use with the 82mm pulley, we also have some new stage 2 heat exchanger options available with the kit. ID1000s are available for only $100 more if you want to run E85.

jojobee

Established Member
Boost is highly dependent on how you run the variable intake came on a coyote. Certain cam timing curves will produce lower or higher boost. Difference calibrations run different timing curves. Some coyote engines will not always run the commanded intake cam retard, resulting in higher boost. Boost is a measure of restriction, in the case of a coyote not achieving the desired intake cam retard, it will actually make a little less power with higher boost, not more.

ID725s fuel the engine extremely well into the 750-800rwhp range, above that a fuel pump booster is required. In some cases if the car has a weak alternator it is not a bad idea at lower power levels, I have seen a few 5.0 alts lately that did not put out commanded voltage.

So if i follow your thoughts in a setup like mine for which i'm seeing low boost (8-9psi) instead of high boost with an open element, LT and 82mm pulley, what do i need to monitor in your tune ?

What parameters do i need to log to validate the commanded cam retard versus actual and voltage. Since i'm running your tune i guess that you have an idea of how the timing curve should be and what i should be seeing.

From your explanation i inderstand that boost could be higher than desired but is the opposite also possible ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

zachcrosen

Established Member
Thanks for posting this Justin. I enjoyed meeting and hanging with you and Steve at MIR.

I will be running my car at the local drag strip tomorrow if the rain holds off. I still have the 75mm pulley and I'm going to refresh with some Shell gas. I guess I'm going to become brand specific when filling it up so I don't increase the chance of blowing it up! Ill post up my time if I'm able to run. I may get a few runs if all the high school kids don't bring out mom's soccer van to drag race like they normally do!!

zachcrosen

Established Member
Oil the car to the track tonight. Best I could get on a crappy track was 11.6@128. I need more practice on the launch!

grnenvy

Established Member
Yes

This is why I use Justin. :banana:

Zach, glad you completed the install and are happy with it. I enjoyed meeting you at MIR and dyno-tuning the car.

You were one of the first 3 kits shipped out so there were a few little bumps a long the road. We are now checking all the belts before we ship them to make sure they are in the right sleeve. We have all the little parts in stock now down to some custom vacuum lines and a special combined IC pump/fan harness. I am glad you appreciated that we were there for support, even on nights and weekends.

Some notes about boost, the open element intake will make more boost than the closed airbox setup found on older Roush kits and FRPP/Whipple kits. We ran a 69mm pulley and airbox on our 11 5.0 which made about 12.5psi, but have run a 63mm pulley and CAI on our 12 boss which made 17psi. Both motors have shown excellent durability after street and track use. The 5.0 came apart to be rebuilt before it broke and looked spotless, the boss is still being used for open-track driving.

People make references to things I have said in the past about various combinations and setups. Those statements are still valid, but things are also developing as time goes by. New developments, new parts, new calibrations, new solutions to problems, and new issues.

With the fuel and cooling improvements that come standard on the VMP TVS kits I feel smaller pulley sizes are safe. One still needs to keep in mind though, an intercooler pump failure, or a tank of bad gas, can be bad news. The pump gas quality is not getting any better, we make our pump tunes conservative and enable full knock control due to this. We find the ID725s fuel the engine extremely well into the 750-800rwhp range, above that a fuel pump booster is required. In some cases if the car has a weak alternator it is not a bad idea at lower power levels, I have seen a few 5.0 alts lately that did not put out commanded voltage.

What makes the VMP TVS kit unique compared to other TVS kits is the kit content, modifications to the blower, support, and package pricing. All of this is done specifically for VMP to our specifications. The blower is CNC inlet ported at time of manufacture so there is no risk of contamination.

We currently off the kit for $6999 with stage 1 afco heat exchanger and ID725 injectors. We are considering offering a less expensive kit with smaller injectors for use with the 82mm pulley, we also have some new stage 2 heat exchanger options available with the kit. ID1000s are available for only $100 more if you want to run E85.

Users who are viewing this thread