ordered a built shortblock

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
CobraGuy99 said:
I don't think he is a moron. I disagree with a bit of what he says (breathers) but all opinions on here are a good thing. I, for one, believe that he has a valid point. Less boost, higher compression equals same net power, what is the difference?

I think people in here are too concerned with inflating (boosting) their dick size with high psi numbers to brag about.

high compression=motor stressed at all times, low timing required, higher effective compression.

low compression/high boost= very low stress while out of boost, can add a bunch of timing for snappy throttle response, greater margin for error on tune, same power with lower effective compression.

UCBeau

CobraGuy99 said:
I don't think he is a moron. I disagree with a bit of what he says (breathers) but all opinions on here are a good thing. I, for one, believe that he has a valid point. Less boost, higher compression equals same net power, what is the difference?

I think people in here are too concerned with inflating (boosting) their dick size with high psi numbers to brag about.
He is a moron because he cannot make the connection that I ordered a built shortblock for a daily driven street car, that will not be running a crazy oil cooler, or any other radical racing stuff. He is a moron for suggesting I try to run 11.1:1 compression on this motor, on 91 octane gas, without said mods. He is a moron for continually posting stuff out of his ass, that is flat out wrong.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
aluminum block
.020 over
JE pistons
eagle h beam rods
APR hardware

should be done in a month. can't freakin wait! as soon as its done, S-trim, intercooler and snow kit go on. maybe a 50 shot of nitrous if i am that stupid.

Did you think this simple post would turn into the pissing match it's become?

I'm happy for ya and Good Luck with your new engine. :banana:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I love Drama.

I also love how people tell you you should build your car with your money.

**** off. This is the reason I don't post half the shit on this damn board to I do to my car.

UCBeau

na svt said:
Did you think this simple post would turn into the pissing match it's become?

I'm happy for ya and Good Luck with your new engine. :banana:
Thank you, much appreciated :)

UCBeau

VirtualSVT said:
I love Drama.

I also love how people tell you you should build your car with your money.

**** off. This is the reason I don't post half the shit on this damn board to I do to my car.
I half expected someone to say something. There are too many e-experts on there who run their mouths off. Sometimes you get good tech, but more often than not I've tried to confirm something said here with my shop and they shake their heads and suggest otherwise.

FWIW the compression will actually be closer to 9.1:1, I misunderstood my buddy who's motor I am duplicating. I'm still wondering if I shouldn't take it down a bit though, because turbos are in the future plans and I've discussed it with some turbo'd stangers and they suggest 8.5:1.

Blown02

Established Member
my turbos love, and i mean love 8.5:1, look at my rwtq.. i was about to put on my novi 2k, but just in peeak rwtq the difference in the novi and twins are like over 300rwtq at the same psi, same motor.. underneath the curve the tq is crazy too.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
:lol: This is so damn funny! Gotta love all the guys with 8:5 compression on a centri blown car. Then they run 3.73 or 4.10 gears and wonder why a cam only LS1 walked their ass! I wont point fingers but I'll be damned if I would listen to someone that has almost 200 less tq than hp on their built motor. :poke: I've personally been for a ride in a deep dish piston centri blown mod motor and without down shifting it felt like a laggy turbo car.

Anyways if you plan on running a JT trim on a daily driver with a snow kit AND a 50 shot then obviously you don't know too much about combinations for motors. A JT trim would be way too big for a daily driver (especially on 8:5) and the little 50 shot is a waste especially on top of the snow kit. And you think for 10psi 42# injectors aren't enough and you need 60#? I think you should definately do more research.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
CobraGuy99 said:
**** NO!!! Better drop it to 8:1 to be safe! lol

:lol: Good point! Whats it matter anyways? You will make 357rwtq but at 7,300rpms you will be making 703rwhp!!! :rockon: Hell you will only see under 6,800rpms for a split second. :fart:

UCBeau

Stopsign32v said:
:lol: This is so damn funny! Gotta love all the guys with 8:5 compression on a centri blown car. Then they run 3.73 or 4.10 gears and wonder why a cam only LS1 walked their ass! I wont point fingers but I'll be damned if I would listen to someone that has almost 200 less tq than hp on their built motor. :poke: I've personally been for a ride in a deep dish piston centri blown mod motor and without down shifting it felt like a laggy turbo car.

Anyways if you plan on running a JT trim on a daily driver with a snow kit AND a 50 shot then obviously you don't know too much about combinations for motors. A JT trim would be way too big for a daily driver (especially on 8:5) and the little 50 shot is a waste especially on top of the snow kit. And you think for 10psi 42# injectors aren't enough and you need 60#? I think you should definately do more research.
How's your built motor coming? Still running strong after a couple of years? Oh wait that's right, you lied about getting pistons and rods put in. Nice!

A JT trim won't be too big for a daily driver, I personally know a guy running one on his 97 cobra, runs just fine. I think you should shut up already and stop assuming things. Makes you look like a fool when I can see real life proof that JT trim blowers work fine on daily driven cars.

BTW the nitrous was a joke. :nonono:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I see a built 510rwhp/403rwtq car in your future. :lol: Don't blow too many stock LS1's away! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread