ordered a built shortblock

UCBeau

aluminum block
.020 over
JE pistons
eagle h beam rods
APR hardware

should be done in a month. can't freakin wait! as soon as its done, S-trim, intercooler and snow kit go on. maybe a 50 shot of nitrous if i am that stupid.

UCBeau

from Total Performance here in San Diego, should be about 3500 bucks when its all said and done. i am supplying the block, crank, and oil pump

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the 50 shot would be a waste honestly. I know at a certain point the nitrous becomes a cooling shot like the snow kit. So all you would be doing is cooling the charge more.

Oh, and congrats.

UCBeau

it would have been neat to do the 304, but its 1000 bucks extra for wet sleeves, to run more than 18 psi. since i'm known by my friends not to have much common sense, the decision to get something i can boost to 20psi made more sense :)

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
it would have been neat to do the 304, but its 1000 bucks extra for wet sleeves, to run more than 18 psi. since i'm known by my friends not to have much common sense, the decision to get something i can boost to 20psi made more sense :)

your running a p1sc arnt you?
can the p1's throw that much boost?

i ask because i want to do the same thing in about a year

J

UCBeau

no_slow_svt said:

J
i have a puny little S-trim right now, then I'll upgrade the impeller to a T-trim, then end up buying a JT-trim, then probably swap that for twin turbos in a few years.
initially i'll have a 3.1 pulley on the S-trim, then something smaller after the t-trim goes on..like 2.8..for hte JT-trim i want to stay at a 3.1 because it flows an asston of air, and then for the turbos, i'm hoping to only need 9 psi to break 500 rwhp.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
no_slow_svt said:

J

Just so you know, ATI rates them max @ 30 psi.

01 SN8K

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
from Total Performance here in San Diego, should be about 3500 bucks when its all said and done. i am supplying the block, crank, and oil pump

What compression are you going with? Let me know how your motor turns out. I am thinking about having Total Performance build my shortblock as well. Are you going to have your heads ported while everything is apart? Good luck with the build.

01 SN8K

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i have a puny little S-trim right now, then I'll upgrade the impeller to a T-trim, then end up buying a JT-trim, then probably swap that for twin turbos in a few years.
initially i'll have a 3.1 pulley on the S-trim, then something smaller after the t-trim goes on..like 2.8..for hte JT-trim i want to stay at a 3.1 because it flows an asston of air, and then for the turbos, i'm hoping to only need 9 psi to break 500 rwhp.

How many pounds of boost do you plan on running initially? You may already know this but the 3.125 pully is usally only good for 9.5 to 10.5 psi with the aftercooler. I know you are running a fabricated intercooler so I am not sure what the difference would be there. But for comparison I make 9 psi at 6100 rpms with the 3.125 pully and AFM power pipe. I am not sure what the psi would be at redline since the horse power levels at 6100 were already close to pushing the limits we didn't take it any higher. If I had to guess it would be about 11 psi.

UCBeau

01 SN8K said:
What compression are you going with? Let me know how your motor turns out. I am thinking about having Total Performance build my shortblock as well. Are you going to have your heads ported while everything is apart? Good luck with the build.
should be right around 8.5:1 or so. i'm not having my heads ported at this time, because when I do that, I'll be adding blower cams and basically making it unable to pass smog. My DD took a dump on me so until I get a new one, I have to drive this car all over. I'd recommend Total because I know of at least 4 other guys who have motors from them, and all are satisfied with the work Greg does. Plus, he's incredibly easy to deal with.

01 SN8K said:
How many pounds of boost do you plan on running initially? You may already know this but the 3.125 pully is usally only good for 9.5 to 10.5 psi with the aftercooler. I know you are running a fabricated intercooler so I am not sure what the difference would be there. But for comparison I make 9 psi at 6100 rpms with the 3.125 pully and AFM power pipe. I am not sure what the psi would be at redline since the horse power levels at 6100 were already close to pushing the limits we didn't take it any higher. If I had to guess it would be about 11 psi.
I am hoping to get about 10psi initially. My problem will be fuel, I only have 42's and a 90mm LMAF and Aviator pump. I need 60's, SCT2400, FPDM upgrade, wire upgrade, 03/04 tank, and GT pumps. That stuff will go on when I send the heads away to get worked, and have midlengths installed.
FWIW, I also have a powerpipe, and Snow kit, to go along with the intercooler, so I'm expecting to see as low as 9.0 PSI on the 3.1 pully.

01 SN8K

Established Member
Is the 8:5:1 ratio going to kill the low end torque? I have heard that with centri blowers that 9:1 is a good ratio.

Off topic, I heard DPR is having a dyno day on Saturday. Are you going? I may go to get my air fuel checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread