Order GT350R wheels ?

Established Member
Since the biggest driving improvement of an R comes from the light wide rims, anyone know if they are available for order and how much $$? :rolling:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^ +1

About $20k a set over the parts counter. The spoiler is about $10k cost with a retail of $11,795.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
The wheels are $10K a set not $20 but I'm not sure you can get them yet. Production capacity has been the issue. A company called Need 4 Speed Motorsports is making replica flow formed wheels in the same fitment at a target weight of 24 lbs for $1,650 + shipping. I'll let Tob post a link if he wants.

22578741238_e5452c3683_b.jpg

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Let's say the R wheels were only 5K, so affordable. The concern I would have is that the mag ride suspension is tuned to many parameters including the tire and wheels mass. So I am no engineer, but I wonder what the impact would be putting these on a non R tuned suspension??????

All due respect........Steve

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
There was a story a while back about the R chassis suspension electronics. It talked about the special road-damage protection programming for the MHD shocks that would release them to move faster if the CF rim was in danger of damage from a hard impact between the tire and the road, like a pothole or a curb. They didn't say whether the non-R cars have it or not. Of course we have no way to know whether this is a big risk or a small one, and whether they put the same software in both cars. I'd have to say it's probably a different calibration - the PSC2 tires generate about 10% more grip than the PSS's so the DSC and ABS calibration would have to be adjusted accordingly.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Let's say the R wheels were only 5K, so affordable. The concern I would have is that the mag ride suspension is tuned to many parameters including the tire and wheels mass. So I am no engineer, but I wonder what the impact would be putting these on a non R tuned suspension??????

All due respect........Steve

A Ben experiment? Put his R rims on his Tech car and get his road driving thoughts on the difference.

As for after market cf wheels would they be as strong as the oem set? Would hate to have one crack at 90mph on the freeway at 22k miles on them not to mention the race track. How strong is the cf wheel compared to normal forged wheels today?

SlowSVT

Established Member
Consider a set of Volk TE37

nengun-0985-00-rays-volk_racing_-_te37.png

They are 1 piece forgings. An 18 x 10 1/2 only weighs 19 lbs but a set of 4 will set you back $5K. They also come in magnesium and weigh about 14 lbs but they get close to $2K ea. and are not streetable.

These are basically race wheels that can be used on a road car and are pretty tough.

Beware of knock-offs

krt22

Established Member
18s wont fit, and im not going down in wheel width either way

They make a 19x11 TE37SL, but not the correct offset. Although I heard if you can get 10 sets, they will make a custom offset

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
The wheels are $10K a set not $20 but I'm not sure you can get them yet. Production capacity has been the issue. A company called Need 4 Speed Motorsports is making replica flow formed wheels in the same fitment at a target weight of 24 lbs for $1,650 + shipping. I'll let Tob post a link if he wants.

View attachment 59530

I have these on order as well for my 350. Now to decide what rubber to run

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I have these on order as well for my 350. Now to decide what rubber to run
I drive my car to and from the track and will start with the PSC2 tires from the R. I might move to Nitto NT01's with 305/325 or 305/305 widths depending on the balance of the car.

cloud9

Established Member
You have a direct link to these?
The initial project for the "R" spec wheel is listed here: http://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10423.0
Ford didn't leave much room this time like on the S197 so we asked N4SM to replicate their "6G" wheel in the R fitment. The initial order of 40 sets was close to selling out so you may have to wait for the next shipment, but it's worth contacting them. We're not sure yet whether we can stuff a 315 R7 up front or not, but that's the hope. If so, will run 315 square, otherwise probably looking at 315/295. Some guys are just going to run the PSC2s on them. The bottom line is they're halfway between the weight of the stock GT350 wheel and the CF R wheels. Several R owners have ordered them as well because those CF wheels will get trashed between the track debris and the frequent tire changes.

Established Member
Does anyone have the ford part numbers for the wheels. I have found several online sites that sell direct and I'd like to enter the part number to see if I can find the wheels at a discount somewhere.

Thanks in advance

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Does anyone have the ford part numbers for the wheels. I have found several online sites that sell direct and I'd like to enter the part number to see if I can find the wheels at a discount somewhere.

Thanks in advance

See Post #5 above

SlowSVT

Established Member
18s wont fit, and im not going down in wheel width either way

They make a 19x11 TE37SL, but not the correct offset. Although I heard if you can get 10 sets, they will make a custom offset

I was using 18" as reference as I know what those weigh. I would actually prefer Forged aluminum wheels over CF which can be repaired if needed. Wad a CF wheel and it goes into the dumpster.

You have to order these wheels custom from Japan which is a 3 month wait but you can get any bolt/hub/offset you want. They will cost 1/2 what the CF wheels and are almost as light, I think the wheels that come with the R tip the scales at 18 lbs. ea.

cluscher

Established Member
The initial project for the "R" spec wheel is listed here: http://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10423.0
Ford didn't leave much room this time like on the S197 so we asked N4SM to replicate their "6G" wheel in the R fitment. The initial order of 40 sets was close to selling out so you may have to wait for the next shipment, but it's worth contacting them. We're not sure yet whether we can stuff a 315 R7 up front or not, but that's the hope. If so, will run 315 square, otherwise probably looking at 315/295. Some guys are just going to run the PSC2s on them. The bottom line is they're halfway between the weight of the stock GT350 wheel and the CF R wheels. Several R owners have ordered them as well because those CF wheels will get trashed between the track debris and the frequent tire changes.

So what is the thought on a 305/325 setup? Is the speculation a 325 will be too wide and stick out a bit too far?

Btw, nice to see you over here again. I remember when you were tracking the blue 500 long ago. I'm giving up my Griggs 500 for a 350. It will be an interesting transition.

krt22

Established Member
You have to order these wheels custom from Japan which is a 3 month wait but you can get any bolt/hub/offset you want. They will cost 1/2 what the CF wheels and are almost as light, I think the wheels that come with the R tip the scales at 18 lbs. ea.

I wish that was the case, last time I checked you needed 10 sets to get a custom order (all the same size)

They make a 19x11 +23 (21.7lbs) which would be perfect for the Front, but need a much higher offset for the rear. I guess I could ask again But these 6GR replicas are the perfet fit, weigh a bit more at 24-25lbs, but are much less expensive

Users who are viewing this thread