one of these is not like the other....

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Give him a break guys. He sold the Cobra, big deal. He bought an impala, who cares. If you don't like it don't buy one, it's that simple. I really doubt he cares if you like it or not.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
honestly, I'd do the same thing do. Impala's are one kick a$$ car. Having one on 20's with a mean system and dark tints=priceless. it would be great to see a 160lb white kid like me to poke my head out the window of one of those. wanna trade cars for a day once its all done?

To everyone that is diehard FORD, you are lame. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose a 00-02 LS1 and be done with it. like it has been said b4, 4 cams arent better than 1. I might be buying an 02 z06 in my near future:cooldude:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
To everyone that is diehard FORD, you are lame. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose a 00-02 LS1 and be done with it. like it has been said b4, 4 cams arent better than 1. I might be buying an 02 z06 in my near future:cooldude:
WTF is wrong with being a diehard ford guy?? Haha what?! I personally wouldn't sell a cobra for an Impala but you don't see me complaining that someone ELSE got a new car hahaa. If he likes it thats what focking matters. I think you should take it easy with that statement....you are on a ford site.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Red98CobraStang said:

easy there big fella! i'm a diehard Ford fan. that's is all that HAS ever been in my family's driveway when i was growing up.
now that i've grown up, i've owned 5 cars....all fords....all mustangs.
go buy your LS1, i could care less...i think YOU are lame for owning a ford and preaching about some LS1 that you "should've bought".
Z06 are waaaaay overpriced. period.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I'm a die hard Ford guy too. Sounds like there's alot of lame people here.

But, being a Ford guy doesn't make me blind to other cars. I would drive a Corvette in a minute. And whoever said a Z06 is overpriced hasn't ridden in one. I have a buddy that had an 02 and that car was sweet. Definitely not overpriced.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
CY98Cobra said:
I'm a die hard Ford guy too. Sounds like there's alot of lame people here.

But, being a Ford guy doesn't make me blind to other cars. I would drive a Corvette in a minute. And whoever said a Z06 is overpriced hasn't ridden in one. I have a buddy that had an 02 and that car was sweet. Definitely not overpriced.

i've been in 2 z06s. and i feel for there price tag, they are overpriced.
i'll take a 03-04 cobra (with 16 less hp stock than a z06) over a z06 anyday.
then i'll take the extra 20k and the z06 would be no comparison....jmo

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
SLOW, don't worry about it. I like Impala's. Don't know if I'd have sold my Cobra for it, btu to each thier own. Looks like a clean car. But I don't think Wayfast was saying Impala's are cheap. I think he was saying yours looks like a Caprice, not an Impala.....unless I misunderstood him.

Got a shot of the engine in it? I wanna see! :-D

JasonSnake

Established Member
Hey man. B-body's are awesome cars. I regularly hangout at www.impalassforum.com. I used to have a 95 Buick Roadmaster wagon with the LT1.. loved it. But I needed some money so I had to sell it and about 6 months later I bought my Cobra. I still go there a lot to that site for some laughs in the misc section b/c lots of good people there. Like some of you, I don't take sides on Chevy or Ford, they are JUST CARS, as long as they are rearwheel V8 powered monsters. Whenever I have a chance, I'd buy another wagon to have around, but still keep the Cobra.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
badass98svt said:
i've been in 2 z06s. and i feel for there price tag, they are overpriced.
i'll take a 03-04 cobra (with 16 less hp stock than a z06) over a z06 anyday.
then i'll take the extra 20k and the z06 would be no comparison....jmo

Show me any other car that can run high 11's low 12's bone stock for anywhere near the same price as the z06.

You would take an 03 over a z06? I'm Ford to the bone and even I can see the z06 is a much better car. Not only is it faster stock but it looks better, handles better and has better brakes. The only advantage the 03 has is cheap power. And even then it's only better in a straight line. But with your price argument I could take a pinto and make it run 9's for half the price of a used 03, big deal. That doesn't make the Cobra overpriced.

Not taking anything away from the 03/4's, I love them and think they are a great bang for the buck. But there's a reason one cost 15k more than the other. And this isn't even taking into consideration all the problems that plague the 03/4 Cobra's.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
hmmm, so you've got the Cobra for racing and the Imp for cruising?
Sounds like a plan. Nice car(s) :thumbsup:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
OK, lets get this straight. Im a HUGE fan of ford, AND a huge fan of CHEVROLET. I like em both. Give me the power of the LS1 in a Cobra and I'd be sold. Love the looks of the cobra, not the camaro. Love the looks of a z06, thats why I want one. BTW, they are not overpriced when your getting it from your friends dad:poke: O and BTW, I thought it was an 02 z06, but its actually an 03 z06. only has 5k miles on it and all he wants is 30k. But yeah, they are very high priced arent they :) cams and exhaust and Ill be at 11's easy. Let me see anybody do that with a 4.6 DOHC.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Finally finally finally...a pic worth posting.

P1010083.jpg

And no, contrary to popular belief, the LFH was not used in any way to aid in the proper fitment of that side panel.

The other side is drying right now, and I plan to have them both ready to go. The center peice still needs work obviously. Will just have to cut out the center and carpet the piece. I pretty much got the new rear deck piece done tonight too.

Was supposed to get off tomorrow after a meating, but one of my installers had a death in the family so he will be out all weekend. Im still off sunday and monday, tho. I just need the alarm and Im in buisness.

Users who are viewing this thread