one of these is not like the other....

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
awesome car sLOW. I'm a big fan of a car on 22's and a BIG sound system. I love it, everytime I get close to work all my bosses know I'm their when I'm still accross street at the stop light:) One thing you have to do tho is paint/replace those rusty ass brakes behing the bling bling wheels. That system is going to slam!

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Yes, it hit amazingly well for 2 10's and 300watts...

Well see what this 650watt amp will do. Im now a big fan of porting the rear deck. Unfortunatly this is the first car Ive ever heard like that, and man it makes a HUGE difference. Ive done 4 12's or 2 and 3 15's that made a lot of noise, but none have come close to getting this loud inside the car while sounding phenominal.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Hate to see you get rid of the Cobra (especially for an pimpala:-D) but hopefully you'll have better luck with this one.

Not a fan of loud ass stereo's but that headunit is sweet. Is it the one that displays gauges?

Last edited:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
dash.jpg

Finally made some progress. Been lazy and its been raining every damn day.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
those impalas are pretty fast....
until you drop chrome 22s on there....
and a few hundred pounds of audio/visual equiptment.

but anyway, lets see more pic. the interior is looking good.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Wow, I've never seen a four door tank before on chromies! J/K Not my style but to each his own. If you dish it out you've got to be able to take it! Remember your "4x4" statement???

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I aint stressin it Hershey. I can take it. I was merely kidding wasnt intended as a shot. Today I picked up the components and it sounds 115363 times better. Just got home from work and threw them in.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
what kinda components are those? they kinda look like a smaller version of the fosgate t1 aluminum 12" subs I had:) but then again they look like phoenix golds too? got me stumped.

WayFastWhitey

Gin and Jews
Established Member
well thats just ****ing gay....why the hell would you trade a cobra for a "ss" impala...and i say "ss" b/c real ss' arent 4 door tanks, real ss' are coupes w/ bad ass motors....you simply got a caprice w/ ss badges.....i hope you got some cash thrown in on that deal

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
what kinda components are those? they kinda look like a smaller version of the fosgate t1 aluminum 12" subs I had:) but then again they look like phoenix golds too? got me stumped.
They were power co-ax. I went with the Punch components lastnight.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
WayFastWhitey said:
well thats just ****ing gay....why the hell would you trade a cobra for a "ss" impala...and i say "ss" b/c real ss' arent 4 door tanks, real ss' are coupes w/ bad ass motors....you simply got a caprice w/ ss badges.....i hope you got some cash thrown in on that deal
youre a ****ing tool. sorry its not as cool as a talon tsi. :loser:

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
People have opinions and thats cool. But dude is out of line. It may be a lame 4dr car to him, but its the last car GM made that actually deserved a SS badge. None of these FWD v6 cars do.

Who ****ing cares if it is a GM. Im not a dumb ass bleed blue die hard ford guy or anything else. Ive seen cleaner imports than some tacky shit people have done to their cars on this site. To sit there and like one brand and only one brand is dumb IMO.

I just pulled out a caprice with 183k miles on it and it ran better than my stupid ****ing cobra with 69k on it. It was a 9c1 (ex cop car too) so those miles were hard as hell on it.

Its far from a 'caprice with ss badges' homie. Go check KBB, nada or anything else on a real SS with the wx3 code. Theyre still fetching more than double what your Cobra will get on its best day.

Dont get it twisted, I aint pissed, but idiot boy has his facts all wrong. ;)

svtguy22

Established Member
Looks good, I had a big SPL system once... 142.9db... almost went deaf... sold the truck... and am not allowing myself to get anything more then 2-10's and 1000 watts...

MangledAxle

Do you hear that?!
Established Member
i would take a dirty cobra over a clean impala any day. that is one ugly car but you will be the envy of all the old men.

Users who are viewing this thread