on3performance single turbo kit install begin

bad01cobra

Established Member
It's probably balanced as a unit like all cheaper units. It is cheaper to balance that way. It lets bents shafts get balanced and units out the door. if it is, you will see the grind marks at the end of the turbine. That being said I would be curious to see if he has actually checked the turbo for wear, or thinks it's OK just because it hasn't blown up. There is a big difference. My master power was still running 6.40's worn the hell out when I took it off.

thats what i have on the inside of mine once i figure how to put the pics up on here i will to show proof they are junk

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Been work my ass off last few days to finish my auto swap. Only sad part is I couldn't get to use my stiffler performance drive shaft safety loop. Reason is I'm using Energy suspension cross member so it push trans up a little , this ds loop is thick so push my trans up even higher causing trans to hit b&M shifter base causing it to not shift :( Tryed adding spacers twice but still no go. Only thing left for trans is to install shifter cable and trans oil cooler lines.

IMAG0826.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG0824.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg

IMAG0820.jpg

IMAG0815.jpg

IMAG0814.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Started headers install last night, now tonight will do routing of tranny cooler lines.

IMAG0855.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

IMAG0854.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

Flat black heat painted headers
IMAG0853.jpg

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Work my ass off today, got alot done, any one wanted to go this kit all I can say it's awesome and simple. You will need smaller oil filter , this oil relocation kit will not fit our regular filter.
IMAG0867.jpg

IMAG0865.jpg

IMAG0864.jpg

IMAG0863.jpg

IMAG0861.jpg

IMAG0856.jpg

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0876.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

IMAG0873.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0869.jpg

Turbo96

Turbo Spool FTW!
Established Member
^ Any time

how do i screw in the T fitting for oil feed into the block :shrug: my car is a 5.0 so im sure it's different but what happens when i thread it into the block i don't have enough room to tighten it. after only 2 turns the T hits the block and i can't go anymore :??:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
how do i screw in the T fitting for oil feed into the block :shrug: my car is a 5.0 so im sure it's different but what happens when i thread it into the block i don't have enough room to tighten it. after only 2 turns the T hits the block and i can't go anymore :??:

Worse comes to worse get a male to female extension so it will clear your block. First try to rotate few degree at a time to see where it end up.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
thats what i have on the inside of mine once i figure how to put the pics up on here i will to show proof they are junk

photobucket.com. Also I have to agree with you, any turbo with only a 30day warranty is gunna be cheap, most "mid grade" turbos come with a 1 year. But also your buying a whole kit for about 50% of the cost of a hellion, hpp, hp, and even 30% cheaper than a B&G kit or pony down kit. WHAT the F**K do you expect to get? There 5.0 kit is $1,560 SHIPPED, thats $2500 cheaper than hellion, of course its gunna be cheap parts. Like I said I agree with you, there turbo are crap but you get what you pay for, you should have known that through basic common sense when you ordered the kit.

I just called over and had Chad host a few photos once again to prove you wrong and show you each wheel/turbo is balanced. I hate to continue to do it but it just bothers me you post about something you again wrong about

Its a $299 turbo brand new with a 30 day warranty, stop it, you know there cheap and being so can be largely susceptible to failure, and if you dont then get into a different power adder. A MP turbo is $550ish, and a precision turbo is over $800ish last I checked and they come with a 1 year warranty. You can NOT argue that a cheap turbo is quality, cant be done. As with most things you get what you pay for. CHEAP, FAST, RELIABLE...pick 2.

That said I will be buying an on3 kit for my 5.0 cruiser car in September, I already know what I'm getting into but even if I have to replace the turbo 2 times after I install the kit I will still be cheaper than a precision turbo and about even with a MP turbo over all. A $300 turbo is a beautiful thing in the fact that if it lasts 6 months I has paid for itself. Also, I'm not going for 20psi of boost, or to set records, people need to understand that cheap parts give cheap results. If someone wants complete reliability, factory fitment, a good warranty, and the ability to push the limit without failure then there gunna have to pay extra for it.

Good luck with your build, I have been checking this thread almost daily and look forward to the next set of pick, I think you will have loads of fun with it when its finished:beer:

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Bust my ass for 14 hours , got lot done. Just need to put oil feed/drain then I be good to fire up. The oil feed that I had for master power bolt don't fit this Precision , I need to get new oil feed with right bolt.

IMAG0880.jpg

IMAG0897.jpg

IMAG0881.jpg

IMAG0896.jpg

IMAG0878.jpg

IMAG0879.jpg

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0888.jpg

IMAG0886.jpg

IMAG0885.jpg

IMAG0882.jpg

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Finally a good new, car is done!!!!!! After some nightmare months car is finally done/dynoed and up and running again :) Stock head 2v gt with Voodoo Racing Innovations custom turbo cams is doing all the work and my bad ass Voodoo Racing Innovations built 5.0l stroker block got me 614rwhp and 485 torque at 20 psi with Precision T70 and new built 4r70w with pa manuel vb tb. I'm very happy with auto and turbo, way more powerful and fun to drive, auto numbers are not dyno queen so in 5-6 speed car it's about 770-800rwhp .
IMAG0142.jpg

Broke my b&M t handle with tb , buddys tb button and knob for now.
IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

Dyno video
VIDEO0033.mp4 video by lvmustanggt - Photobucket

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Glad she's back up and running man, no better feeling than that!

Just curious, why is the torque so low?

Built auto and custom converter in dyno # not good hehe but I don't care about dyno #'s no more cause I know it means nothing . I still have 3.73 and stock axles , I have 31 cobra diff and strange 31 axle sitting in my garage, once more funds will have them install with 3.55 gear.

Users who are viewing this thread