on3performance single turbo kit install begin

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I started doing install last week with no success as v band gave me trouble and didn't know how the driver side pipes routes . Today I got a c-clamp and got the v band on. All drive side hot pipe install.

Any one who have this kit are more then welcome to give me input and suggestion.

Here are few pic from last week install. New pic from today comming soon.

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Good progress today as I put all the hot pipe to turbo and clean tuck most hose and wires. Need to buy some spacers as the turbo bolt is too long.
needspacers.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
i think the bolt your using for the tubo is for the catback. i went and bought some short bolts for mine. just a thought

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
i think the bolt your using for the tubo is for the catback. i went and bought some short bolts for mine. just a thought

1sick2valve as always thank you, I though that bolt for turbo but now I know it's for catback. How stupid of me :lol: and I was like why the **** this bolt so long:thumbsup:

I will go buy some short bolt, one more thing I need to buy that I didn't know came with the kit.

Thanks

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I got problem, email chad just now and waiting for solution. I broke one vband trying to make it work but no luck. My turbo ring (where pips meets) is little bigger so as you can see I cannot close vband but same vband on your downpipe and I get like almost 1' of threads. Downpipe vband ring is little narrower then the mpt70 . As a result it won't clamp or close. What do you suggest, Please response asap. Look at the pictures. Right before I broke one 3" vband turbo side was not moving but downpipe was loose as hell, no clamping on downpipe side.

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Last edited:

ninety2pony

Established Member
your not so much gonna like this answer... your gonna need to connect the downpipe onto the turbo off the car. your also going to need to take the correct size vband and grind down the flare on the turbo side. because the flange on the turbo side is wider there isnt enough clearance to get the vband to seat and pull the 2 flanges together. so by grinding down one side it gives it clearance to pull the 2 flanges together. youll understand when your on your knees clamping the downpipe on the turbo off the car. youll be able to tell how much more to grind by how much the clearance closes. Im pretty sure your gonna have to take it pretty close though.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
MIG Weld the bitch to the turbo housing!!

No, That's not helpful, I'm sorry... but I hate V-band clamps, so when the 4v kit comes out, I will be welding most of these pipes together, if they have to come off, it will be with a pipe saw.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
your not so much gonna like this answer... your gonna need to connect the downpipe onto the turbo off the car. your also going to need to take the correct size vband and grind down the flare on the turbo side. because the flange on the turbo side is wider there isnt enough clearance to get the vband to seat and pull the 2 flanges together. so by grinding down one side it gives it clearance to pull the 2 flanges together. youll understand when your on your knees clamping the downpipe on the turbo off the car. youll be able to tell how much more to grind by how much the clearance closes. Im pretty sure your gonna have to take it pretty close though.

Thanks you so very much. i don't have any grinder so should I buy dremel ? what kind of grinder do I get ? I am noob.

Last edited:

ninety2pony

Established Member
you just wanna grind off one of the flat sides off the V. so itll start looking like this -v- and end looking like this v-

Swaie

Established Member
I think it looks like crap...yes Im a hater cause I don't have one. This sucks. Nice job bro.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I think it looks like crap...yes Im a hater cause I don't have one. This sucks. Nice job bro.

Thank you bro, I have been wanting turbo since 04 and now it 09 and finally got it thanks to tax return and chad for making great price turbo kit where now everyone can enjoy boost.

I don't have 6-10k for turbo kit as some rich guys so this turbo is what I wanted . Thanks on3performance

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Got angle grinder , grind the **** out of it for hours and bamn . Good day today as I got lot done, all the hotside it done, now I got coldside to do.

Here are some pictures from today.
7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread