On3 Performane 2011-2014 Fuel system.

RusWolf

Established Member
Well you guys know exactly what i mean by Chinese pumps. I asked who are they made by, answer given to me was not clear. In addition he said his system requires rails. Yes we can get adapters, but how much do they cost?

Not sure honestly which system is better. Could be both are good. Who knows.

RusWolf

Established Member
I would not mind running on3s turbo kit instead of my Paxton, but i have such a trouble free experience with Paxton that it just works for now at least. After i install my home made WG setup we'll see how it will run.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Well you guys know exactly what i mean by Chinese pumps. I asked who are they made by, answer given to me was not clear. In addition he said his system requires rails. Yes we can get adapters, but how much do they cost?

Not sure honestly which system is better. Could be both are good. Who knows.

agree. my comment, while directed at you, was more of a general thought.

my bet though, is he is using a re labeled big brand pump.

It's rumored this is the turbo that is included with his kits..... http://www.mpturbos.com/t04e-t-60--t-67-specs.html

I would not mind running on3s turbo kit instead of my Paxton, but i have such a trouble free experience with Paxton that it just works for now at least. After i install my home made WG setup we'll see how it will run.

And that's when you'll change your mind and move to turbo.

The WG idea on the Paxton is a good one, but in practice leaves some to be desired IMO. After I installed my 3.33 and wastegate is when I was introduced to belt slip. I eventually got it sorted out and the car ran AMAZING, but I bashed my head against the wall for about 2 months getting it correct.

Good luck though.. when its sorted it is a fun set up!

RusWolf

Established Member
If he is using re-labeled pumps, why can't he just say my pumps are AEM or walbro or whatever. I would much prefer to know.

Yes i know all about belt slip you had and others too. I have 3.31 gears i should be ok ... I hope.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Ok guys, got a PM from Sai.
His system is a modified stock hat with 2 465 pumps. He said his system is capable of 900whp on E.
and it's $950.

I would most likely prefer to go with Sai's system over On3 because i suspect that on3 is using chinese pumps.

Is there any more info on this?

Does his kit include only

(1) modified fuel hat
(2) walbro 465 pumps

?

Uses stock everything else and stays returnless? If so I can't believe it's $950 is why I'm asking, so I'm assuming there has to be more to it than that lol. I've never played with fuel systems, other than installing a BAP, swapping injectors a few times and changing a fuel filter on 2 other cars so I'm not really sure what all is involved lol

RusWolf

Established Member
Is there any more info on this?

Does his kit include only

(1) modified fuel hat
(2) walbro 465 pumps

?

Uses stock everything else and stays returnless? If so I can't believe it's $950 is why I'm asking, so I'm assuming there has to be more to it than that lol. I've never played with fuel systems, other than installing a BAP, swapping injectors a few times and changing a fuel filter on 2 other cars so I'm not really sure what all is involved lol

Im not sure, i hope there is more to it as well. If its just stock hat with 2 pumps and harness i would not be able to justify the cost.

Best bet would be for you to email him and post his answer here.

corepwn

Established Member
Includes a modified 2013-14 GT500 fuel hat to fit dual 465s, and a return. (Those pumps won't fit by default)
Wiring Harness
Aeromotive Regulator w/psi gauge
Return hose
Adapter for stock rails to feed back to regulator for return
AN fittings for all hose ends/regulator.

You basically keep your rails, injectors, and feed line everything else is added or replaced.

As far as if it's worth it, well, the parts separately don't leave much room for profit on a deal like this (feel free to price your own) and really he has no competition at this price point and he's not marketing it to the world anyway. Again, I recommend it.

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Includes a modified 2013-14 GT500 fuel hat to fit dual 465s, and a return. (Those pumps won't fit by default)
Wiring Harness
Aeromotive Regulator w/psi gauge
Return hose
Adapter for stock rails to feed back to regulator for return
AN fittings for all hose ends/regulator.

You basically keep your rails, injectors, and feed line everything else is added or replaced.

As far as if it's worth it, well, the parts separately don't leave much room for profit on a deal like this (feel free to price your own) and really he has no competition at this price point and he's not marketing it to the world anyway. Again, I recommend it.

Thanks for your explanation.

I also just PM'd Sai and asked if we have a choise of different pumps, for example DW 340 instead of Walbro 465's.

RusWolf

Established Member
How did the 2 OEM pumps affect the cost compared to the two walbro 465s?

According to Sai the pumps are about the same price. so there was no change in price.
I went with OEM's instead of 465's for reliability OEM pumps run cooler than 465's. Also they are E100 rated. (all according to Sai). However, keep in mind the do flow a little less, but enough for 960WHP on Sai's TT set up. That power rating is good for me.

justinsstang

Established Member
Weird that he didn't lower the cost at all. I thought surely OEM 400s are cheaper than walbro 465s. Wonder about people that already have a good pump that hadn't went out... Just reuse stock one and buy one more. Maybe knock $100 off of total price, assuming the pumps are that much. No time to look right now.

RusWolf

Established Member
Have any pics of the system?
I will have to look through my phone and check if i have some pics.

Weird that he didn't lower the cost at all. I thought surely OEM 400s are cheaper than walbro 465s. Wonder about people that already have a good pump that hadn't went out... Just reuse stock one and buy one more. Maybe knock $100 off of total price, assuming the pumps are that much. No time to look right now.

Yeah i asked about the cost thinking that OEM's pumps should be less money and he said they are about the same price. I really did not have much reasons not to believe him since his system is less than any other reputable dual pump system out there by about $250. Even On3 is more because it requires fuel rails.

Do you have an exact brand and model for OEM pumps? it can easily be verified how much they go for.
I found walbro 465's E85 ready for $110 with just a quick search. Do you really think OEM pumps are much less?

Also he assembles and wires the pumps in the hat so as far as the hat goes it's literally a drop in.

Users who are viewing this thread