On3 Performane 2011-2014 Fuel system.

cb900f

Established Member
Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Heading says 2011-14.. Body says "This is a direct fit application for the 2005 – 2010 Mustangs"

Probably not a bad piece... But it could be like their wastegates....A

Also has a pic of a gas tank. WTF?

He probably just didn't change the description.

I sent them an email asking who makes the pumps, fittings, what kind of lines they use and if the pumps come wired.

wolfman311

Established Member
Yeah i've been eyeing that fuel system for a while now waiting to hear any reviews on it. I will say this though. We ordered a fuel hat with pumps from On3 for a 2001 saleen and it was a nice piece. Looked very well put together. Hopefully the coyote fuel system is legit!!!

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Hmm.. would this work with the stock fuel rails? It says it requires them and they aren't included.

wolfman311

Established Member
Hmm.. would this work with the stock fuel rails? It says it requires them and they aren't included.

I have the same question. They really don't state if they work with the stock rails or not. They seem to say you need to supply your own rails. I guess giving On3 a call and asking would answer the question.

wolfman311

Established Member
Well i gave on3 a call. The guy on the phone stated that we need an aftermarket rail. It uses an 8 an feed and 10 an return line. He thinks the 8an feed is to big for the stock rails. Can anyone confirm that 8an is too big for the stock rails?

corepwn

Established Member
8an feed and 10an return on an EFI system is "doing it wrong", that's a carb mentality. Do the 10 feed and 8 return on an EFI system.

Now, that being said the stock rails are a 3/8ths inlet, you'd need an adapter which you can buy to connect an 8an to the stock feed on the factory rails.
Google and order: 3/8 EFI (female) to AN-8 (male) adapter or call Fore.

RusWolf

Established Member
well since they state that this system requires fuel rails which is another 250-300 on top of that $800 BEFORE shipping.
at that point I might as well go with JPC and not have to worry about something being crap quality.

also, recently spoke with REVAUTO and they said they started assembling their own kits for customers and they go for $1250 or so. (900-1000 hp capable system)

nosscort

Established Member
well since they state that this system requires fuel rails which is another 250-300 on top of that $800 BEFORE shipping.
at that point I might as well go with JPC and not have to worry about something being crap quality.

also, recently spoke with REVAUTO and they said they started assembling their own kits for customers and they go for $1250 or so. (900-1000 hp capable system)

Is that before or after ronnie left lol..

RusWolf

Established Member
Here is the email that i have received from On3.

On3 Wrote: "We do it in 2 versions now and most will be updated in the next week. We now have not only the AN high flex hose but ptfe as well now. We have a full e85 option if you want, I personally do not like ptfe but thats what most people think is industry standard for it. I don’t run it on any of our shop cars but thats just preference. Our system is designed around -10an feed and -8an return so your going to easily support 1200+ with triple pumps."

^^^^ So from this, i am not really sure WHY he is the only one so far that does not like PTFE hose for E85...
Any ideas?

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
Wolfman said that on the phone On3 mentioned using 8an feed and 10an return. But now in your e-mail he's saying he uses 10an feed and 8 return.

Wonder which one it really is.

Also, I believe On3s pumps are made by AEM and just rebranded as on3. Or maybe it was Aeromotive that makes them... I can't remember at this point. They don't make their own pumps though.

If what corepwn said is true... then you could save the price of buying an aftermarket fuel rail and just get the adapter. I wish someone would chime in on whether or not the adapter could for sure work. If so, that could be a decent intro for E85.

I don't know what PTFE is either... so what's the deal with that? If you use the non PTFE for E85 like On3 is suggesting what is the downside?

I know I don't want to spend $1300+ on a fuel system just to run E85 that I'm probably going to hate having to stop and fill up the tank way more often and possibly return to 93.

However, $800... saving $500ish? Eh, that might be worth it. Depending on shipping cost and how much the fitting costs, if it would indeed work that way.

RusWolf

Established Member
Well as far as i understand PTFE lines are teflon lines.

Teflon=No smell..

No teflon= May have fuel odor when used with E85..

if i'm wrong please someone correct.

And yes i agree. I also want an affordable fuel system to supper UP TO 800 hp for now.. I'm on stock block so i'm not shooting for the moon. I just want something better than a BAP without dropping $1500.

stang910

Established Member
If what corepwn said is true... then you could save the price of buying an aftermarket fuel rail and just get the adapter. I wish someone would chime in on whether or not the adapter could for sure work. If so, that could be a decent intro for E85.

Yes you can use an adapter for the fuel rails. I have mine setup this way. I run a -10an feed line to the regulator and -8an from the regulator to the fuel rail and use a 3/8" fuel rail adapter.

cb900f

Established Member
Yes you can use an adapter for the fuel rails. I have mine setup this way. I run a -10an feed line to the regulator and -8an from the regulator to the fuel rail and use a 3/8" fuel rail adapter.
Only issue with running stock rails is that you loose the true benefits of having a return style fuel system. If the motor pulls a lot of fuel, then the last injector will go lean.

Not sure at what power level the stock rails are good for....

Users who are viewing this thread