Old school look, newish school car

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Its gonna look great! Next you should add side pipes, jack the back end up with some big fat slicks too. Maybe some stickers from pep boys, and why not throw some chrome fender things on too. Stellar ride.

Fat-cat

Established Member
if i saw that thing my first bet on the race would be " i get to beat that thing off your car with a bat when i win "

Its going to Idle like shit , Look like shit , and when you are ripping hard on it the "monkey Rigging " to make the flaps work will fail and run the thing lean and explode. With the meter there like that your going to get so much low idle wash is wont be funny ? Are you going to run a filter or just suck flying rocks down into the rotors ? My buddy inhaled a throttle body screw and it ended his motor i can only imagine what some gravel will do Should we start a pool?

Car looks fine the way it is... dont do it.

Last edited:

froush

Established Member
Lol, we will see how it runs. Im assuming it will run just fine. Yes it will have a filter. Even if the flaps were closed ot would still get air because its meant for a dual carb setup. Therefore there will be a good size hole it can pull air in. And how will my throttle connection be "monkey rigging"? It will be a simple linkage that runs to the throttle body. Same kindve linkage that people use when they run these scoops. You guys on svtp crack me up.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
The way it sits now, it looks horrible...

If the bottom of the butterflies was level with the hood, it would have the possibility of looking OK, though. I'm just glad you actually have a little something to back up the look, I fully expected a v6 under the hood before i scrolled to the second pic

61mmstang94

Established Member
The way it sits now, it looks horrible...

If the bottom of the butterflies was level with the hood, it would have the possibility of looking OK, though. I'm just glad you actually have a little something to back up the look, I fully expected a v6 under the hood before i scrolled to the second pic

A KB isn't "backing up" a huge butterfly scoop sticking up through the hood. Lol

95PGTTech

Established Member
Whats the rest of the car have anything to do with it. Take this gt500 for example, sure it has a weiand underneath i think, but how does it match any other visual cue on the car? Sure it has big fatties out back.....but oh no, its not a 67 fastback meant for strict drag racing....

hrdp-1109-01+2007-ford-mustang-GT.jpg

That blower, also, in no way ties into any other part of the car; it looks equally horrible on a more expensive project.

Users who are viewing this thread