Old school look, newish school car

froush

Established Member
Not a plain gt but these are my street wheels
IMG952013111195164743_zpsd6250d51.jpg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Not a fan, but it's your car and that's all that matters.

What I would do if it were me, I would make sure the scoop is as low as possible. Looking at the side profile, I'd have the bottom of the butterflies be leveled with the hood, which would make the top back of the scoop leveled with the hood as well. Think of the Mach 1 scoop. I can do a crappy photoshop if needed.

Edit: Saw in your first post that it will be an inch lower. I would make it as low as possible, while still showing the butterflies.

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Looks awesome! At least it's not black everything including wheels and emblems. Thank you for not having a plain ass 03-04 cobra bodykit too.

Prepare to rustle some jimmies.

froush

Established Member
Oh i already know. Lol. My goal is to make it as low as possible. But the maf has to sit under it. I may just cut the hood and make it a tad bit higher cowl to give it that look black92 is talking about. Because that was my original plan to have it flush

Woody6799

Established Member
I live my life a quarter mile at a time... jk!

Good for you OP going after it. If it was non functional I would shake my head, but if you are going to go big you better go right! Props on making it work!

froush

Established Member
Bob, you always have an eloquent and mature way to word situations like this. OP: How exactly does this match any other visual cue on the car? :dw:

Whats the rest of the car have anything to do with it. Take this gt500 for example, sure it has a weiand underneath i think, but how does it match any other visual cue on the car? Sure it has big fatties out back.....but oh no, its not a 67 fastback meant for strict drag racing....

hrdp-1109-01+2007-ford-mustang-GT.jpg

Last edited:

SeikenFreak

2 Scoops
Established Member
Yeeaaaa not really feelin it. Proportions are off.

Doesn't look good on that S197 pic either.

But as others have said, to each their own.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Not bad man, I think when people see the butterflys open while the kenne bell screams it will change a lot of minds!

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Please don't.

The GT500 you posted, while it doesn't look good, it does look better than what you're hoping for, for one reason: it has a relatively flat hood. Your car has a very rounded hood that peaks in the center. Having a the scoop cutout through the peak will really throw off the lines of the rest of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread