Old school look, newish school car

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Your car already has enough going on with the kit & the stripes - now you're just doing shit for the sake of doing it.

It looks fine as is, don't butcher it up like that.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I don't care for it. Its your taste however and that's all that matters.

I would convert it to speed density and eliminate the MAF. Makes things easy and will allow you to lower it down some.

Fat-cat

Established Member
Looks like Shit. Functional or not its pointless your not driving a Hemi Cuda.

Just my .02

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
you are just trying to hard.......the technology doesn't need or require that and it comes off as looking redneck hack job. Car is way to busy as it is........

Fat-cat

Established Member
Also i bet that thing is going to **** with your TPS and Maff Readings. Ugly and dysfunctional

froush

Established Member
Lmao. Keep them coming. It should work just fine and should screw with any readings. It should actually increase air flow because the kb inlet is holding me back now as is

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
did you fix your running out of fuel at 5500rpm already? because i dont see how the kb inlet could possible be an issue if you are running out of fuel.

Mach828

Established Member
If the car has some nasty blower whine, it might just work.

I think it would fit better if the car was rough looking. Had a single stage white paint job with some random decals, weld 90 series, sheet metal wing, and had a nasty cam idle paired with blower whine, and was too fast for people to talk smack while looking at the tailights.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Not bad man, I think when people see the butterflys open while the kenne bell screams it will change a lot of minds!

Unless he's making 2500-hp it's gonna look kinda silly because I feel like its something that belongs on a supercharged big lock with a huge blower

But it's OPs car...that thing definitely wouldn't get near anything I drive lol.

froush

Established Member
did you fix your running out of fuel at 5500rpm already? because i dont see how the kb inlet could possible be an issue if you are running out of fuel.

I fixed the issue but never took it back. My tuner said its good. My fuel pressure doesnt drop and my a/f stays around 11 all the way to 6500 now. I should take it back to join the 600 club but i dont want to drive all the way over there

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
post-31230-Ryan-Reynolds-BUT-WHY-gif-Haro-MfFW.gif

although it is unique and i'll give you props for doing it. just dunno how the lines are gonna look

street591

®®®®
Established Member
It won't be "sick" when you get drug down the highway by a car making twice as much power...with a factory hood.

2502762-6278897736-no-no.gif

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
It doesnt flow well with the roush lines of the car IMO. Hell that look hasnt flowed well with any mustang since 79.

Sounds like the car is a ****ing beast though, so you can probably get away with it for the sheer fact anyone talking shit will get drug down the freeway.

But like others say, its going to be a bitch to tune that, your tuner will need to account for the air trying to push itself through the maf the faster you go. You now have two forces at work, the blower sucking in as much as it can, and the outside air getting pushed through, and these two forces will not always see eye to eye and they will always be fighting right at your maf location. Thats going to create alot of turbulence and your tuner will probably want to stab you in the face.

froush

Established Member
I have a rai now and remove the headlight. The maf is right after the filter. How will there be more turbulance this way than that?? If you could explain, please do

Users who are viewing this thread