Old-ish Member......new project

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Just wanted to drop in and say hello! Been out of the game a while now, but have ventured to a new baby....... I've had the truck for about 6 months now and it's been ROUGH to find info, technical, custom, and otherwise. Just wanted to drop in and say how thankful I still am for all the help, guidance, and kindness that many of you showed me for about a decade..... Cause other sites suck compared to this one LOL!

Anyways, this isnt the place for it but I'm going low and slow now! 1976 F100 2wd Short Box Ranger XLT, Factory Power brakes, Power steering, front discs, yada, yada, only missing AC....

I won't waste any more time or space here accept for just the initial build update, it won't be a full on frame off, just a drivable resto-mod......

Thanks again to guys like Hissman, 0394cobra, Posi, Jimmysidecarr, Cobrabob, sid297, wvmystichrome, 04Sleeper, and perhaps most important to me personally was 96stanggt.

Seeing the new forums, and guys who are at the forefront of other types of vehicles.......I am forced to say that this group, in its time,was the best most technically correct group of enthusiasts I've ever seen.

Wrench on my friends!

Back to the truck, here's the beginning!!!

Lowering with DJM
Lowering Shocks around
Changing bolt pattern to 5x4.5
New 5x4.5 Moser axles
3.70 gears in Ford 9"
Right Stuff Ford 9" rear disc conversion

There's been issues of course, there is not a lot custom parts/builders out there for our trucks. But we are fighting through though!!

F100_1.jpg

Front_lowered.jpg

Drum_removal_on_lift.jpg

Old_9_rear.jpg

Sanded_rear.jpg

New_9_rear_Moser_axles.jpg

9_rear_with_discs.jpg

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Lol, I hate red! Factory 302 is in there running strong, and I plan on keeping it for now.....

Pearl White w/ Gunmetal(Greyish) 20's Is the ultimate goal......

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Nice truck...welcome back. I just bought a 1995 F150 4WD reg cab long box. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a great resto-mod project, Justin. I love that it's a bit out of the ordinary, as far as resto-mods. Keep us posted as the project progresses. Should be awesome!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I remember you. What ever happened to 96stanggt, think his name was Kevin? He was a cool guy.

Users who are viewing this thread