Ok guys i got my parts list for my n/a build by rev auto, check it out!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
update: dropped of my check today to start the build, Dasan was awesome answered all my questions, he agreed to send me photos of the build as it progresses...so i will be posting pics eta from start to finish about 4 weeks do to the heads being sent out for porting and polishing. He said he may have a set of heads at the shop to send out right away while they are waiting for the parts to be delivered, which will cut 2 weeks off on the build...getting excited. he also took me for a ride in his wife's ecoboost to show me how the auto trans strategy they tune for works and it shifted awesome....

BMR Tech

Awesome build!

I do have one question. What is the build total, approximately?

I know you stated above that this build was about 5K less than the Whipple, so are you saying this build is in the $3K range? If so, WOW!

mhyjek

Established Member
Awesome build!

I know you stated above that this build was about 5K less than the Whipple, so are you saying this build is in the $3K range? If so, WOW!

You know better than I but I would say 7k or so.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Awesome build!

No $5k less then a total whipple build with all the supporting parts...Id-100's halfshafts, oil pump gears, headers, exhaust, big throttle body, heat exchanger, power adder dyno tune....etc add all that up and a $10k sc blows up past $17k. so in other words the sc price is one thing but for it to run at an optimal level u need all those other parts! look at my list it includes all the supporting mods for it to run at an optimal level!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
oh and i forgot to add that they are also going to install my new steeda parts struts shocks springs camber plates, and a steeda stop the hop kit which is being delivered to me tomorrow!

BMR Tech

No $5k less then a total whipple build with all the supporting parts...Id-100's halfshafts, oil pump gears, headers, exhaust, big throttle body, heat exchanger, power adder dyno tune....etc add all that up and a $10k sc blows up past $17k. so in other words the sc price is one thing but for it to run at an optimal level u need all those other parts! look at my list it includes all the supporting mods for it to run at an optimal level!

The benefit of the SC system, is that you do not need those additional mods.

But I love me some NA! Can't wait to see your results.

I bet you will have a solid 11 second car, that will be nice NA!

DarkMach1

Established Member

No you dont, you can run a whipple without all those things, like BMR said, and still make roughly 600whp, maybe even more. GL on the build.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
i know you can but i'm not one to cut corners.... thats not how i roll. All the correct supporting mods will be in place. I did what i'm doing now with my last car all the supporting mods in place. also there's a difference in cost between wanting 750 rwhp from a whipple and 600 rwhhp from a whipple.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Can't wait to see it done, E85 as well? On the other forum there are some very fast N/A cars, I think you could see 10s.

only 1 e-85 station in my area about 12 miles away...maybe later but for now 93 octane dyno tune with lucas octane booster for every tank full.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
update: Spoke with with dassan today at rev auto they have all my parts in, and it looks like will be getting my car back sooner then 1st thought. its do to the fact that they have a spare set of 15 heads they can send out right away for porting and polishing. When they come back in 2 weeks i can bring my car down to have all the work done. May even get lucky and make the am show @ maple grove!

mhyjek

Established Member
update: Spoke with with dassan today at rev auto they have all my parts in, and it looks like will be getting my car back sooner then 1st thought. its do to the fact that they have a spare set of 15 heads they can send out right away for porting and polishing. When they come back in 2 weeks i can bring my car down to have all the work done. May even get lucky and make the am show @ maple grove!

Can't wait for results! Good luck with the build!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Headed to cecil after work today to get some runs in for baseline #'s. The car is stock accept for an mbrp catback! I expect high 12''s on my 285/35/19 nitto invos!!!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Ok guys just got back from the track. The car is stock with a cat back, here are my times car # 48:

image_zpsc840bmyd.jpg

image_zpsc9osqfsm.jpg

2 other runs were 13.1 and 13.2 both of which i spun to much!

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Update: stopped by the shop the other day to see where we are at in regards to receiving my ported heads back, eta is next week! This Means i should be able to drop my car off on monday 8/8. We are looking at 2days to install everything and a full day to tune it. So hopefully i will get it back on 8/11 or 8/12. We will see!

Users who are viewing this thread